Rate the LEGO theme above you

If not for Competition, we wouldn’t have those awesome cannons! Not to mention its abundant amount of the two rarest constraction colours, teal and purple. Original purple is way better than new purple as well. Also, the Lego Technic Guys became cyborgs and are now bent on murdering each other with pretty much whatever. Giant spider tanks, planes with boxing gloves, motorbikes with rocket launchers slapped on the side. They had some really crazy vehicles.

‘Hey, lemme just get my boxing-glove-tricycle-tower’

8/10 for the craziness.

Sports

1 Like

It’s a pretty fun line. It has a lot of unique parts that weren’t used anywhere else, and some of the sets are really fun to play with (the Arena sets especially).
But easily the most interesting part about it to me was the Hockey subtheme, which had the Constraction Hockey players, which have a lot of very useful new parts and recolors. Just look at how many Nuva shoulder armor recolors appeared in this set alone:
Bionicle fans really need to pay more attention to those sets…

So yeah, Sports was a very experimental theme, but it had a lot of great stuff about it. 7/10

Board Games

1 Like

good conceptually, good way to get many of one recolor of a piece, better for the pieces than actual gameplay. I have great memories playing some of them with my friends, heroica was a blast.

8/10

Lego Mindstorms spybotics image

I can’t speak for their functionality, but as far as the sets themselves go, they are pretty cool. They come with some really nice parts, and they have a really cool look to them. Even if they aren’t working, they probably would still look nice on a display. If I ever get the chance, I might get one of them. 7/10

Galidor

Interesting pieces that have a lot of potential when used right and others are straight up nightmare fuel, but that’s pretty much the only thing good about. Also the Galidor tv show…well I’m surprised I haven’t seen any ytp of it… in fact i showed to my sister once and I quote She said “it’s like a lower budget of the original power rangers.”

2/10

Lone Ranger

1 Like

Never got any sets, but it plagued Lego Club Magazine for a while. All I wanted to do was gaze at the new Brain Attack stuff, but this stupid cowboy would be on every other page. Bit of a personal bias here, if you couldn’t tell.

The sets themselves look surprisingly decent, but that experience with Lego Club was too much for me.

6/10

Race (2000)

Phenomenal, ranging from pull back motors up to radio control, this theme was both experimental and popular. Cool prints, goofy minifigures.

9/10

1 Like

You forgot to submit the next theme

so sorry, I am super tired

Lego Belville

Amazingly posable figures with nice cloth elements and accessories.They gave a lot re-colours and interesting pieces. Unfortunately what I think drags this theme down are the buildings: Because of the scale of the figures I guess it was hard to make a good-looking structure without having the price jump sky-high. Scala was a bit better IMO because it focused more on customizing the dolls instead of playing with them in a poorly-made house.
6/10

Well, speaking of which:
Lego Scala

2 Likes

Very good looking dolls with a surprising amount of poseability (the poseability is vastly superior compared to your average Barbie doll), and all the cloth elements used on them are great for MOCs. The line also came with loads of unique parts and colors that weren’t used anywhere else, including colors such as Medium Lime and Salmon.
If you are a MOCer and you like using weird and obscure parts in your MOCs I’d say it’s definitely worth trying this theme out. 7/10

Elves

Only got one set, the Goblin King’s Evil Dragon. Course, I didn’t get it for that schmuck of a king, more for that beautiful wyvern. All that spring green together with the black and brighter colours looks great, though I do wish she either had a consistently red belly or consistently magenta one. Mixing the two together doesn’t look great. The legs were a bit poor in comparison with everything else, but switching the hips with ball joints and the ankles with mixel joints quickly solved that. My sister also had a few sets. Once again, out of the box they were pretty decent, but some simple modifications really made them great.

7/10

Mindstorms

1 Like

I cannot stress enough how important this theme was to the world, it inspired the emphasis on stem among children, pioneered home robotics, it set the bar on robot toy sales, made prototyping machines much easier.

100000/10

Lego Dacta

1 Like

Pretty much the same thing as the Education line we have today, except older.
6/10

Bionicle Generation 2

Pretty good
G2 was never about the story, it was about the sets
7/10

Res-Q

2 Likes

Though the vehicles are pretty generic, the nice color scheme they have (consisting of black, yellow, and trans blue) makes them stand out against the other Town sets of that era.
7/10

Paradisa

1 Like

very obscure and kinda odd 7/10

Mixels

1 Like

Nice builds, nicer pieces. I collected almost all of them just because of how useful their parts were. I think I’m just missing a few from series 7 8 and 9, I’ve ended up with all the others.

Those mini ball joints are great, as are the rare recolours and eye pieces. It really was a shame that it didn’t get to reach series 10.

9/10

Spider-Man (2002)

1 Like

Being an early 2000’s licensed theme, most of the sets are pretty outdated, there are only like one or two that barely hold up. Some may be nostalgic for it, but for me, It’s rather forgettable.
However, if there is one thing I can appreciate about it, it would have to be the emphasis on location-based sets, unlike today’s Spider-Man sets that focus only on boring, oversized, repetitve vehicles.

Monkie Kid

1 Like

ahar har

Everyone’s doing monkey king themed media right now, there’s at least three major video games coming out about the topic

So while the sets range from good to mediocre I feel this was less of an original move and more of a current market push

DOTS

3 Likes