Rhyuto, Toa of Fire

The reason I have made two female Toa of Fire in the past two days is a long story.

Anyways, I used a torso technique I designed and decided to make her Samurai-themed. Constructive criticism is welcome.

With shoulder daggers:

With twin katana:

I was messing with the lighting to make the red not kill my camera.

23 Likes

Fits the samurai motif well. I like his shoulder armor.

1 Like

Pretty neat, though I can’t say that I see the Samurai motif you mentioned. Are you referring to the pauldron things or?

1 Like

[quote=“SwagMeister, post:2, topic:21642, full:true”]
Fits the samurai motif well. I like his shoulder armor.
[/quote]her if you didn’t read.

Elegance in simplicity, although I find the little knives on the shoulders look off and you should use a metru head is its lower and would hide more of the neck.

Over all a pretty good MOC, simple but it works well, and I like the custom torso (the middle of the torso looks a little thin but since theres no clear backshot I might be wrong)

1 Like

Yes, I like this.
But why so many fire Toa?

1 Like

A combination of the shoulder armor, weapon choice, and layering of armor in some areas.

@Hutere_The_Toa_of_Air long story, there’s a reason I have made two female Toa of Fire in the past two days, but it’s kind of weird. This was originally going to be my MOC version of Varo from the RP, but I decided to make it my own character.

@AwesomeJoel27

Here is a better look at the torso technique:
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/ft-22-base-android-female-torso-design-experiment/21507

1 Like

sashimono or it didn’t happen

MOC looks pretty solid, even if it is basic. The two different shades of silver do clash with each other a little. Not sure what to make of the shoulder-mounted daggers, haven’t seen many weapons mounted as such. I wonder if it would look more appealing if they were mounted like the “wings” on a gundam or something like that.

1 Like

@Hawkflight

Interesting idea with the war banners. Might be a little much for a Bionicle character though. The daggers will be tweaked.

I still think the shoulder armor with the daggers looks like part of a jetpack

1 Like

Theres actually 3 shades, OG flat silver new flat silver and pearl light gray, but with the first two they’re almost the same.

1 Like

again you make something amazing.

1 Like

Nya in toa form
Illuminati confirmed!

1 Like

I think I may just remove the daggers entirely. They seem somewhat pointless.

2 Likes

Very nice, good job :slight_smile:

1 Like

A very solid MOC in every way. Nothing spectacular, but it’s complex enough, balanced/consistent in its color scheme, not very gappy, and overall works. I especially like the shoulders. Great work, I always enjoy your MOCs.

1 Like

@h1vem1nd
@CarumSarene
@king328

Thank you!

I haven’t been seriously MOCing for a long time so positive feedback really does mean a lot to me.

2 Likes

This looks great Joe!

1 Like

A back view w/o the weapons mounted would be nice, but from what I can see, she looks really good, as she fits a samurai and feminine look pretty well. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this work?

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for that. Nice use of that technic bit, there.

1 Like