Saidon, Foundation of Honor

“Saidon is best remembered as the easy-going Toa with the most fearsome appearance. Saidon opts for the colors of a villain, but is perhaps the most high-spirited of all the Vihagu, seeing the war as just another game to play.

Born on the island of Adan, southeast of Erkelon, Saidon and his mother migrated to Erkelon sometime after its initial colonization. After becoming a Toa, Saidon’s sole objective is to return to his homeland as its liberator from the Malevolent. He fights alongside the rest of the Vihagu until they elect to liberate Adan, at which point he plans to remain as the island’s guardian.

As he is presently fighting battles with little personal stake involved, Saidon treats the war as a game. He is strict on justice and follows the rules as a self-imposed challenge to prove himself better than most. This puts him at odds with the pragmatists Drainu and Jetera.”

"Sparring Partners"

Oddly enough, most of Saidon’s updates bring back elements of his first two versions. I experimented with blocking all the gold in his upper torso and shoulders on the last version, an illusion of one solid plate of armor that was lost on most viewers. While I went into updating this MOC intending to solidify that illusion, in the end I decided it worked better to return gold to the rest of him.
"Gravitate"
Additional changes include:
*Reworking his torso structure.
*Replacing all Metru red shells; which were to be used on Zerkah.
*Giving him a simple pair of custom thighs.
The cape; an element planned for Saidon before he was ever built, was added during the V4 photoshoot and just stayed on him ever since.

Saidon - MOC Comments
Comments and critique are appreciated.

39 Likes

It looks great! But His arms are a Little bit simple

Really solid sword design. Nice job overall on the figure too.

the red, gold, and black work well… the mask also works really well with the smoothness of… well, everything.

The sword is so great yet so simple. The thighs look good although they could use some work filling in the back and the sides, and the arms could use some tires covering those exposed bones.

Nothing wrong with having simple arms. I’ve had my share of stupid limb designs in the past for the sole sake of “customness”. That said, I’ve been advised to beef up the arms for the next version, and that will probably necessitate a new arm design.

Agreed with the thighs. I pieced those together so that they looked good from the front and forgot about filling in the back. As for the tires… are you referring to the joint part of the bones? I’m apprehensive about putting tires there, but I could give it a shot.

They are not bad. They are good but simple

I usually use one of the tires from, I don’t know, the Cars movies sets? You can actually put those in from the wide bit.