Salvation: Part II

OOC: Uhm… You said they had it.
IC: “Blackbeak…” she said. “You know, the bird-drone-baster thing that I got from Corona?”

“Motherboard! I need to ask you some things. Quickly!” she said, ignoring the two.

A bronze-colored cybertronian jet swoops down from overhead, transforming into to robot mode and dropping onto the ground a ways away from Zepar. It was Sidewinder, who looks around for a moment before setting eyes on Epsilon’s gun.

Whoa,” he says, holding up his hands. “Easy there.”

The hum of the car engine was still approaching.

OOC: no, I said it was still with Forcep, Juliana, and Blight, where they shot it down. I apologize for the confusion.

IC: [quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:3321, topic:49995”]
“Blackbeak…” she said. “You know, the bird-drone-baster thing that I got from Corona?”

[/quote]

“No,” Grommet flatly replies. He, in fact, didn’t know.

“We are attending to an urgent matter,” Shockwave sates. “Leave us.”

“Affirmative,” acknowledges Motherboard.

Hmph,” Forcep chuckles, a smirk spreading across his silver face.

That answer did not come- at least, it wasn’t outright stated. Solus Prime and Megatronus were once again alone together, save for a scant number of cybertronians who watched them from afar, each one bearing a weapon and the crest of the Prime of Creation on their armor.

The two lovers faced each other before the bridge leading to the Omega Lock, though there was no hint of romance between them now. Megatronus was pacing back and forth, with a scowl on his face.

I’ve underestimated the tenacity of Onyx’s vermin,” he spits, clenching his right hand into a fist.

Please don’t call them that,” Solus Prime says sadly, her Forge stowed across her back. “You two were friends once- we all were.”

‘Were’,” Megatronus repeats urgently. "You cannot remain neutral in this war forever, my beloved-"

I will,” Solus defiantly declares. "This is a mistake, Megatronus- a terrible mistake! I know it, and so does Optimus!"

“Optimus is a wise man,” Megatronus says, abruptly stopping in his pacing to look directly at Solus, “but war has never been his domain. He doesn’t know what’s at stake here, but I do.

The Dark Warrior takes a step closer to Solus, who looks up at him sternly.

That is why I need the Omega Lock,” he pleads. “With it, I can-

What?” Solus challenges him, a cold fury in her tone “You can what? Kill millions with the turn of a key? Turn cities to dust?

Megatronus is silent as he casts his eyes downward, towards the blasted floor. There was nothing he could say. Solus, as always, knew him well.

I built the Omega Lock so that our people thrive on new worlds, heal the sick and injured, and build wondrous new things,” she continues. "I built it to uplift our race; not destroy it.

The Omega Lock is not a weapon, Megatronus,” she asserts firmly. “And as long as my spark burns, I will not have anyone turn it into such a thing. Not even you.

Megatronus said nothing, for there was nothing he could say. Nothing that could change Solus’ mind or make anything she had just said untrue. Looking up at her, his expression one of sorrow and shame, he bids Solus a wordless farewell as he turns and walks away, his heavy footsteps echoing throughout the room as he leaves down a dark corridor.

Solus Prime turns away as she and her followers disappear, and the chamber takes on an even more ruined appearance. Now, columns had been smashed, sections of the catwalk had been blown away, and a thin diagonal gash had been carved into the wall, wrapping around the circumference of the spherical room. The rhythmic pounding of metal footsteps continued, though now they belonged to Optimus Prime, who was now briskly striding toward the still-pristine Omega Lock.

From seemingly out of nowhere, Optimus draws a sword with a long, slender blade and an ornate hilt.

There is a sound like the tolling of a great bell as the grey metal of the hilt blossoms into a dazzling gold, and the blade and crystal are enveloped in a spectral white aura. Gripping the sword with both hands, Optimus raises the weapon above his shoulder as he stops before the Omega Lock. He holds for a moment, shutting his blue eyes… before he swiftly brings down the sword upon the machine. The moment the blade connects, there is a terrible explosion of sound, like a thousand bursts of thunder going off at once, as a bright blue-white light engulfs the scene…

…When it fades, Zepar would find himself standing within a field of stars, before an ocean planet marbled with chains of tropical islands. From a continent in the southwest, a brilliant burst of light blooms and washes over the world. Long, jagged fissures carve themselves into the land below the sea, glowing with the same reds, blues, greens, and purples of the Omega Lock.

Rays of blue light shoot out from the Omega Key as the hologram fades away, leaving Zepar standing in the control room once more…

3 Likes

She sighed, before taking of, continuing to search.

“Make me a list of all the Angelicons in the crew of the Salvation.”
OOC: Would be interesting if there were more.

Juliana giggled a little.

Gatecrasher readies his cannons.

Blackbeak was still in stasis near Forcep and the rest.

“Done,” says Motherboard only a second later. “There is only one member of the Angelicon order registered in the CFC Salvation’s crew manifest.”

As one might expect, Zepar’s profile pops up on Motherboard’s visor.

“Hey there,” Sidewinder says, recognizing Gatecrasher.

“Greetings” Gatecrasher said, retracting his cannons.

OOC: I don’t remember, when had he met sidewinder before?

“Who are you?” Epsilon asked, not lowering his weapon.

Zepar pondered on what he had seen and heard…Solus’s admonishing words to Megatronus sounding uncomfortably familiar; it was very similar to what Bludgeon’s plans for the Lock were.

“…Primus, I pray for your guidance.” He whispered in the empty room, “What must be done?”

She eventually found him, and then went to the closest medbay.

“Godslag… Where was Zepar last seen?”

“Name’s Sidewinder,” the pilgrim introduces himself to Epsilon. “Your friend and I have met.”

A blue car comes rolling down the hill. It was Corona, in her vehicle mode. The prophet slows to a halt and transforms.

wait,” she urgently pleads.

@BlackBeltGamer98 @Jcton

The lights on the Omega Key take on a deeper shade of blue- the very same as those of the conduits on the core of Cybertron in the Well of All Sparks. The lights dim, becoming faint and gloomy.

None of the medbays on Salvation were in any shape to accommodate Delta’s needs. The entire Fleetcarrier was now in pieces, suspended by a field of cybermatter as each part was meticulously cleaned and repaired. Ribbons of liquid metal coursed like rivers throughout Salvation’s twenty-mile length, fusing with her many pieces.

The sun was beginning to set over the horizon, staining the water and the sky around it orange and throwing a few last rays of light cross the twin islands the spaceport connected. Below the ancient machines, life in the pilgrim’s village continued much as it had for the past 7,000 years.

“Unknown,” Motherboard says.

Out of the corner of her eye, Song might see a flash of light coming from the control room across the straight.

“I never intended to go anywhere.”

Epsilon gives Corona a quizzical look, his weapon still pointed at Sidewinder.

Zepar examines the Key and console to se if anything was broken.

“I came through the ground bridge,” Corona hastily explains. “I owe you all an explanation, before any of you do something rash.”

Nothing seemed broken or otherwise out of sorts. It was almost as if the Omega Key just decided to turn down its lights for some odd reason.

“Okay?” GC said, confused.

Spectrum sighed and walked towards one of the crystal formations.

“We can talk on the way, if you’d like,” Corona says. “I just needed to catch up with you all.”

This one was purple and black, and gave of an unpleasant aura similar to that of Dark Energon.

1 Like

“Of course ma’am.” gatecrasher said with a bow.

Zepar tries to see what else could be gleaned from this room.

Epsilon lowers his weapon, “What is up with this place?” He asked Corona.

Spectrum transformed her hand into a scanner and scanned it.

“That is one of many things I should have told you by now,” Corona says apologetically.

“This planet- more specifically, this continent,” is where Solus Prime and the Knights of Cybertron built the Omega Lock."

The scan would reveal that the substance was not Dark Energon- not entirely, anyway. Actually, the scanner couldn’t tell Spectrum what it was, exactly. The crystals seemed to confound the instruments.

There was nothing more to be discovered in the control room. The Omega Key was still plugged into the console, with the scanning table branching off of it. In the center of the room, the miniature spaceport displayed the various repairs and upgrades being made to Salvation.

Daria watches them, comprehending the situation. What did Corona need to talk about?

Actaeon muttered something foul under his breath as he finally found Driftburn pacing around.

Scrapshot was wandering around the place, not exactly knowing where he was.