Salvation: Part II

The terrorcon falls onto its back as the shot connects.

Laslow would be successful; the terrorcon falls flat on its face.

The bay doors open, and through the aperture could be seen several battered prisoners, many of whom wave to Gatecrasher.

Scorchlock takes this distraction and continues to make a run at the warp cannon.

Laslow put his foot to its back, and tried to put several shots in it’s head.

GC gave a terse wave back. “You lot get to a healer, find a man by the name of Forcep, tell him Gatecrasher sent you.”

Scorchlock would eventually reach Salvation’s bridge. The room was spotless- in a similar state to how it had looked when our heroes began their journey a month ago back on Cybertron. The captain’s chair was gone, but the rest of it looked much the same.

Scorchlock was currently the only one on the bridge. The various consoles and gunnery stations around the room were dark and inert- save for the array of holo-screens before the pilot’s seat. That just so happened to be where the warp cannon’s controls were.

The terrorcon goes limp as Laslow destroys its brain module.

“Forcep?” one of the prisoners repeats, excited. “He’s here?”

Scorchlock whistled. “Hello, beautiful…” He said as he walked towards the pilot’s seat of the Warp Cannon as he sat down and immediately started to fiddle with the controls and activate the cannon. “Let’s wake you up baby, what do you say?” He asked, talking with it.

The bridge rumbles as the warp cannon’s three mile long barrel extends from Salvation’s bow. Two vents on either side of the barrel fold open as conduits running down its length come alight with a white glow.

FIRING SEQUENCE INITIATED

-The holo-screen reads.

CHARGING... ONE PERCENT CHARGED... CHARGING... 

A growl echoes from the warp cannon’s immense barrel, underscored by a deep hum that Scorchlock could feel in his frame.

1 Like

The growl of the warp cannon that was growling deep into his frame gave him goosebumps. “Oh, ho, ho…I have awaken the beast.” He said as he watched the holo-screen.
“Though it will take time till it reaches one hundred percent charging…” He muttered to himself.

OOC: meant to say ‘hum’ there in that last part.

IC:

CHARGING... THREE PERCENT CHARGED... CHARGING...

The warp cannon continues to hum, and couplings in the sides of the barrel begin to slowly turn, rotating counterclockwise as bursts of electricity flash between them.

1 Like

Scorchlock watched in fascination as he witnesses one of the deadliest weapons of the Great War coming back to life…only to have it be controlled by none other than Scorchlock’s hand…since he kind of lost the other one.

The warp cannon continues to charge.

“Greasemonkey to the bridge,” the Chief Engineer’s prim and proper voice could be heard coming from the communication’s console, “from the power fluctuations I’m reading down here in engineering, I’ll wager you have the warp cannon back online?”

1 Like

Scorchlock rose an eyebrow. “Scorchlock here.” He said through the communication console. “Yeah, you wager right, the warp cannon is slowly coming back online.”

“Finally” Laslow muttered, and continued his path to the bridge.

“Somewhere. Probably doing what he does best”

“Excellent work, sir,” Greasemonkey compliments Scorchlock. “It’s taxing the power core something awful, however; do be quick about this, please.”

Laslow would soon arrive on the bridge, where Scorchlock could be seen talking with Greasemonkey over the commlink.

“Let’s hope so!” the prisoner says as the dropship begins to pull away. “He saved my life back on Antilla!”

“I see…” He muttered when Greasemonkey said it is taxing the power core. “Once I got Nova locked on with the Warp Cannon’s tracker, I’ll blow him right back into the pit.” He said through the coms.

“What’s the status?” Laslow asked him. (@MichaelBT-7474)

“Antilla… not sure I remember that battle, but I’m sure he did. If you want to go see him, feel free.”

The other dropship departs, its pilot searching for Forcep.

“Sooo… where to now?” Sprocket asks Gatecrasher.

The Wrecker slyly glanced back at Laslow. “Uh, the Warp Cannon is operational.” He said. “But due to it being asleep for this time…it needs some time to recharge.” He looked at the percentage to see how much it was by now. (@Chromeharpoon)

“Well, I guess I’ll take who’s willing to go to the control tower and secure it and the omega key.” GC decided. “You can do what you want.”

OOC: Slyly?

“Figures! All that time I put into distracting Nova, putting it back together, and then running back here, you’d think it’d have the decency to be ready to go. Geez”

CHARGING... FOUR PERCENT CHARGED...

The holo-screen read.

Many of the prisoners disembark, ready to follow Gatecrasher.

“I’ll take this thing and see if I can land it in one of the hangars,” Sprocket says.

“Well, this is a weapon from the Great War so…” Scorchlock shrugged. “I say relax and wait till it’s charged.” He said, leaning back against the seat, getting himself comfortable.

“Though the process can be a lot faster than this snail pace.” He muttered.