Salvation: Part II

The three jets fire at Nova Prime from three different directions, to spread his attention more thinly.

Sidestep kicks at the body, before swinging his axe at another terrorcon.

“How are you holding up?” Epsilon asks Facelift.

Zepar tries to figure out if Nova had a pattern to his fighting.

Nova reels as the bullets strike his body, and three more of his cannons target the jets and shoot at them.

Nova was relying on his feather-cannons to keep enemies at a distance, making sweeping movements with the guns to cut his foes to charred pieces. Those that managed to get close to him met the blade of his sword.

This second terrorcon is cut in half.

The first terrorcon falls onto the ground and tries to pick itself back up.

“Could be better,” Facelift grunts.

Zepar tried to think where Nova’s blind spots would be.

Epsilon tries to help Facelift by administering some basic field triage (first aid)

Nova’s opponents had to be in visual range for him to first target them with the feather-cannons. After that, the guns remained locked onto their marks until they’d killed the unfortunate souls. Currently, seven of the feather-cannons were locked onto seven different targets, leaving Nova in control of only one of them, at the moment.

Facelift reluctantly accepts the help.

[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4508, topic:49995”]
Nova reels as the bullets strike his body, and three more of his cannons target the jets and shoot at them. [/quote]

The jets spiral away from the blasts, firing again at Nova.

SideStep glances down at the terrorcon and fires several shots into it with his pistol.

Nova growls as the shots dent his armor. He takes flight, hovering shakily into the air as his damaged antigravity generators strain to lift the Prime.

The terrorcon is slain.

1 Like

The group caps retreating, shooting at the feathers as they do so.
“You know, after so much feather shooting you kinda wonder when he will get out of them!” Gronius said, shooting at his feather.

“You didn’t understand!” Song tells Facelift. “I am not a traitor! I am playing a role! Just listen to me a few clicks!”

Two of the feather-cannons are destroyed, their wrecks retreating to Nova as he flies after the Splitter brothers (@meepinater).

Our heroes could see that one (perhaps two) of their own had managed to rebuild Salvation’s warp cannon. The gargantuan gun had extended from the Fleetcarrier’s bow and, judging from the white lights marbling the barrel and the low, resonating hum echoing between the cliffs, the weapon was charging.

Facelift looks up at Wildsong.

“You’ve got ten- no, five seconds,” the mad doctor says. “You best fill them with words.”

“My, oh my! Mister Gronius, abandon the ship!” Redstocker yelled, as he jumped on the Transforming Gronius. Delta, Blackbeak and Alterion were following them in the sky. All were approaching the cannon.

“For a long time I developed a plan to infiltrate into Bludgeon’s ranks. When we actually met face to face, well… at least kind of, the plan turned from a thought into an actual idea. Before all this madness started, I tried to convince some heretics that switched sides to join us to help us. I also wanted to ask other people I trust, like Broadwing, Gronius and Gatecrasher, to join me so that I have bigger chances, but then all of this carnage started. I had to join Thunderblast, cause otherwise she would have killed me, Alterion and Gronius. Now I am just playing a role till I can find a proper gap to get out of this.”

Nova Prime continues to chase the Splitter brothers. Seeing Redstocker and company take flight, however, he sends a few blasts from the feather-cannons their way, just for good measure.

On the Ground, Bludgeon, Salvo, the Heretic troopers, and the many other warriors gathered around the control tower stop firing, so as to not turn Nova’s attention back to them.

“…So you’re not a traitor, then,” Facelift says. “Okay. You’re just stupid.”

They evade them, with the exception of Blackbeak, who gets so close of one of his fire that some of his feathers get burned. He falls down, but is caught by Delta.
“You little guy better act like a gun in the following few days, you flew enough!”

“How so?”

The jets continue firing. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4512, topic:49995”]
The terrorcon is slain.
[/quote]

SideStep searches for more terrorcons.

The Splitter brothers momentarily disable one of Nova’s wings, and with it, four of his feather-cannons. With the remaining half of his arsenal, he antagonizes the jets with lethal energy beams as he chases after them.

More terrorcons could be found menacing a company of combatants led by Salvo and Bludgeon.

A nearby terrorcon suddenly falls over as a slug fired from an electromagnetic rifle rips through its midsection, splitting the zombie in half. A look in the direction from which the shot had come would reveal that Lockdown had taken the creature out.

“Have you listened to one of Bludgeon’s crazy rants over the last month?” Facelift hisses. “These guys don’t take prisoners; I don’t think they’ll welcome turncoats either! And Thunderblast? You do not want to get involved with her, little lady- I’m speaking from personal experience on that one.”

The Splitter Brothers split into three different directions, avoiding the beams. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4519, topic:49995”]
More terrorcons could be found menacing a company of combatants led by Salvo and Bludgeon.

A nearby terrorcon suddenly falls over as a slug fired from an electromagnetic rifle rips through its midsection, splitting the zombie in half. A look in the direction from which the shot had come would reveal that Lockdown had taken the creature out.
[/quote]

SideStep charges towards the terrorcons, firing his pistol.

Two of the cannons fire again, tracking the Lightshift and Vigor, while Nova goes after Thrust personally, drawing his sword and accelerating to cleave the bothersome Decepticon in two.

Two terrorcons direct their attention toward Sidestep and charge at him- one from the right, and one from the left. The one on the right had two swords extending from its wrists, while the left one was unarmed.

“Well… I considered that, and they seemed to have welcomed me at least so far. In their own… Twisted way. But what do you mean by ‘personal experience’?”

“Mine is a storied life, my four-armed crewmate,” Facelift sighs. “And the brief chapters in which I conspired with that witch led to me getting stabbed in the eye and dumped down a trash chute.”

“Oh…” Song said, gulping. “Well… Uhm… Any advice?”

“Other than advising you to give some serious reconsideration as to going through with this crazy plan of yours?” Facelift rambles. “Yeah. Do not trust her.”