Salvation: Part II

“I mean…” Song muttered as she realised how bad of an idea going into her plan alone was. “Now kinda is too late…”

Facelift shakes his head and sighs.

“Your best bet is to get what you’re after and run,” he advises Wildsong.

A distant, echoing growl echoes through the hole in the wall.

“Either a titan’s out there warming up his vocalizer, or that big gun sticking out of our girl’s nose is getting ready to fire,” Facelift observes.

@MichaelBT-7474 From the bridge, Scorchlock might be able to see through a window that the Splitter brothers, Redstocker, and his companions had managed to get Nova airborne. The former Prime was chasing after the Decepticon jets and flying away from the control tower.

CHARGING... TEN PERCENT CHARGED...

-the warp cannon’s controls read. The humming coming from the barrel grows louder as scant arcs of lightning begin to race down the dark grey metal of the weapon.

“I’ll take you to a safer place.” she said, while taking Facelift in her hands and started going down the stairs. “You tell me more about Thunderblast.”

Facelift stands, leaning on Wildsong’s shoulder. He was a tall bot, though he wasn’t as large and heavy as others his size.

“What’s to tell?” he grumbles. “She’s like if Starscream had a twin sister…”

“…Actually, maybe she is,” The mad doctor considers, touching a claw to his chin. “Hell if I know.”

Facelift turns his head as electricity races down the barrel of the warp cannon.

“Y’know, I think here’s safe…” he notes.

“Wouldn’t the cannon destroy the tower too?”

Scorchlock gripped the controls as the humming got louder and louder, he saw from the panel how Nova Prime was flying towards the cannon. “Come on…just a little bit closer…” He said as he waited for the perfect time to shoot, if he could that is.

After the group entered the Salvation, Redstocker rushed into the cockpit.
“Hurry, son! How much till you can shoot?” he asked, approaching Scorchlock’s seat.

The cannon was oriented parallel with the control tower; the building was out of the weapon’s range.

Nova continues to remain outside of the cannon’s range as he does battle with the Splitter brothers, while the weapon continues to power up. The couplings in the sides of the barrel shudder as they begin to turn faster.

“Oh… Uhm… Never mind. Tell me more about Thunderblast.”

“What do you want, her life’s story?” Facelift grumbles. “I’m not her personal historian!”

@meepinater

@meepinater

Thrust transforms and blocks with with katana.
The two others rolled out of the way, firing at Nova’s cannons.

SideStep slashed at the unarmed Terrorcon with his axe.

Nova locks blades with Thrust, before suddenly flying backward, evading Lightshift and Vigor’s attack.

The unarmed terrorcon tries to catch the axe, but ends up getting its hand chopped off.

Its fellow undead tries to slash at SideStep from behind.

Thrust sheaths his katana and brings out his sniper rifle, firing it at Nova’s head.
Vigor and Lightshift fire again.

The swords cut into SideStep’s shoulders. He screams in rage and pain and spins around, swinging his axe

The shot from the sniper rifle tears a hole right between Nova’s eyes, and for a moment, the former Prime dies, his antigravity generators deactivating and causing his body to fall.

…But a blue-green light flashes from the wound as the Emberstone shard activates, reviving Nova and allowing the cybermatter within him to get to work sealing the ugly hole in his head.

The axe carves a gash in the terrorcon’s chest. Both zombies lunge for SideStep simultaneously.

“Come on, why can’t you die?!” Vigor complained.

SideStep ducks, hoping they hit each other.

Nova stops falling, hanging in midair as the generators in his legs and back re-activate.

“I did that already,” he growls, glaring up at the Splitter brothers. “It didn’t suit me.”

Behind the three, Salvation’s warp cannon hums as it continues to charge, and great arcs of electricity run down the three mile long barrel of the weapon.

That they do. The terrorcons collide and begin to tear each other apart.

“I thought it suited you fine.” Vigor quips. “In fact, it suited you so well that you look pretty ugly right now.”

SideStep chuckled, then winced and clutched his shoulder, which was rather badly bleeding.

1 Like

Nova laughs. His body was covered in burns, dents, bullet holes, and slashes that our heroes had inflicted upon him. One of his wings was little more than a charred mess of metal. It was all aglow with a blue light, however as Cybermatter within the Prime’s body worked to repair it.

“I certainly have looked better,” he agrees.

The two terrorcons seemed to have lost all interest in SideStep, so busy were they in attacking each other.

Vigor hovered around Nova.
Thrust aimed his sniper rifle at Nova’s heart and fired, while Lightshift loudly asked, “Why are you so evil?”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4543, topic:49995”]
The two terrorcons seemed to have lost all interest in SideStep, so busy were they in attacking each other.
[/quote]

SideStep aimed his pistol and fired at both of them.

Nova didn’t have the opportunity to answer before Thrust’s shot burrows into his back, causing him to cry out as his optics flicker and he wobbles in midair.

“Well… evil’s subjective, isn’t it?” he gasps. Thrust’s shot had struck his sparkchamber, but hadn’t ruptured the organ. He responds by firing a feather-cannon at the Decepticon.

“I mean, look at your pal Bludgeon,” he continues. “He seems convinced we’re all the evil ones here, from the sound of things.”

SideStep deals a fatal blow on both the terrorcons.