Salvation: Part II

“We’d better hurry.” Epsilon said to the captains, starting to step to the exit.

Zepar seemed angered but also anxious, he looks at Corona, “Did any of your visions pertain to the identity of the one who has betrayed us?” He asked.

I guess so.

“Most likely.” she said, nodding. “Now, why shouldn’t I just go on and destroy this thing and report its existance?”

SideStep unfolds his axe as a precaution.

Topside begins to follow.

“Don’t need to tell me,” he quips in response.

Corona shakes her head.

“Sadly not,” she reports.

Greasemonkey nods, continuing to admire Salvation silently.

The two would soon arrive at a sheer drop that led into the ravine below. Swirling wisps of energy churn about in the ravine, and crystals of energon and perhaps other substances could be seen growing from the walls and floor.

“You could,” says Bludgeon. “Obviously, I could not stop you. But I suspect you have a reason for not having done so already. You could have destroyed the communicator after your friend deactivated it earlier, but you instead chose to activate it again. Why?”

Epsilon began to lead the captain as quickly as he could back to the ship.

Zepar seems disappointed, “If they trace the signal to here, it will end whatever peace you and your followers have had.” He told Corona.

SideStep looked at Sprocket and motioned downwards.

Song, with her arms folded, started shaking around her spot, biting her lips and tongue indifferently.
“I guess I don’t know.” she eventually said.

“Corona, you said you had information that would aid us in our quest and now we have discovered how the traitor has been leaking information to the Heretics, I fear there may not be much time before they are at your doorstep so I must ask what you have to offer us now before this place is in the throes of conflict.” Zepar growled, his anxiety starting to show.

(@Chromeharpoon)

Topside follows along in vehicle mode.

“I was under the impression we’d left Bludgeon and company several star systems in the dust before the transwarp drive broke down,” he says. “How in the Pit is that communicator able to connect to them?”

It worried the Autobot captain to think that our villains may have been catching up to them these past four days.

“Be at ease, Zepar,” Corona bids the angelicon reassuringly. “We have been anticipating Bludgeon’s arrival since yours was foreseen. Should the worst come to pass, we will fight alongside you against them. We have weapons of our own in addition to defenses this spaceport possesses.”

And you got the Hero of Junkheap’s Gorge on your side, if you’ll recall,” Thrift says, to which ■■■■■■■■■■■■ rolls his eyes.

Sprocket crouches down and begins to climb down into the ravine, holding out a scanning tool to gather data on the energized cybermatter permeating the fissure.

" ‘Do not judge a warrior by stature or action until you truly understand that which drives him’," Bludgeon quotes from The Covenant of Primus.

“Perhaps you seek to understand your foe, Autobot.”

2 Likes

“Do we have permission sir?” Gatecrasher asked.

SideStep followed him, keeping an eye out for any dangerous enemies.

“Unfortunately,” Greasemonkey says. “I need Salvation to be as empty as she can so that my repair crews can work.”

There was a noticeable lack of life in the fissure.

As SideStep climbed down, the cybermatter in the ravine would make more repairs to his armor and memory core, but before too long it would become apparent that the sheer concentration of the substance here would be too much for the cybertronian body to handle. It would overload and destroy SideStep before it fully healed him.

Sprocket was beginning to feel the ill-effects already- being in near-perfect health, he had little to gain from exposure to this much cybermatter.

“Okay man, maybe that little gremlin had a point,” he grunts, referring to Grommet. Ribbons of cybermatter were curling around his legs and eating away at the green paint adorning the limbs.

“Still, the data we’re getting here is invaluable,” he continues through pained winces.

“Understood. I figure Deus and I can entertain ourselves for while longer. Right Deus?”

SideStep grinned.
“Ha! I told you.” He said.
It wouldn’t take long for his smile to fade, however.

“Heck if I know.” Epsilon replied, “I just hope nobody tried to turn it on again.” He said as he ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

“I do not doubt the resolve of your followers but I do doubt the technology here.” Zepar said, trying to keep his anger in check, “Golden Age technology may be very hardy but time’s merciless whittling away at it is bound to have made them weaker than before.”

“And we’ve always barely managed to escape from the Heretics whenever we meet; just look at our ship.” He said.

Deus responds with a thumbs-up.

“He doesn’t say much, does he?” Greasemonkey observes.

“Hey, you alright?” Sprocket asks.

Soon, the two would arrive at an entrance into Salvation.

“Respectfully, son, you need some wheels,” he says to Epsilon. “…Or treads. Or wings. Whatever suits your fancy, I guess.”

“Yes, I can see she has suffered along with her crew,” Corona says solemnly.

“Well, he was born about a week ago.” Gatecrasher states.

Greasemonkey raises his left eyebrow- his right eye had none to raise.

“I assume there’s a story behind that,” he says.

“I assume you’ve heard about the cube found in the Savant?” he asked.