Salvation: Part II

Shockwave was attempting to cobble together a Cortical Psychic Patch from the ancient machinery that Zepar, SideStep, and Gronius had brought him. The Omega Key had restored the Golden Age-era components, which the scientist had haphazardly joined with webs of circuitry and metal framework. A computer in the lab had also been cannibalized to add its own innards to the contraption. Two grey cables dangled from the assembly, with gold-colored spikes on their ends.

Song tries to dodge them all as she accelerates at her full speed towards the beach.

“Oh… OK! I’ll go see if the others are willing to help!” he said as he closed the comm with the Splitters and left to search for Redstocker and Alterion.

2 Likes

“Need a volunteer?” Zepar asked Shockwave.

One of the claws manages to grab hold of Wildsong’s legs. The Driller pulls the tendril backward as it turns sharply, snaking through the depths toward the abyss below the shipwreck.

“I will require two individuals to test the Cortical Psychic Patch,” Shockwave explains, gesturing to the gold-tipped cables hanging off the machine.

Song madly tries to free her legs, as she starts shooting at the claw.

Zepar gets an idea, “I think you have a favor to cash in on.” He said as he signaled Epsilon to drop by Shockwave’s lab. A couple minutes later, the tank rolls up and transforms into robot mode, “You guys need help?” He asked.

The Driller only tightens its grip as it brings Wildsong up to its toothy maw, which glowed like a furnace as its mandibles swing open.

Shockwave nods.

“You two will help me test the functionality of the Cortical Psychic Patch,” he says. “Specifically, the machine’s ability to bridge two minds and create a virtual simulation of their neural networks.”

Epsilon looks at Zepar, “You want me to get inside his head and vise versa?” He asked.

Song tries to turn into her plane mode, hoping that it would force the Driller’s claw open.

“In layman’s terms, yes,” Shockwave affirms.

The shifting of parts forces the Driller’s claws apart, freeing Wildsong.

Wildsong uses this possibility to concentrate all of her power in the one engine she had left in hopes of getting to the beach before the Driller would get to her.

With the spaceport island destroyed, there wasn’t a scrap of land that Wildsong could reach with her damaged engines. A veritable mountain of rubble could be seen under the waves where the island had once been, with metal beams and starship parts jutting out of mounds of rock.

Song swore as she tried to do the next best thing: fly out of the water.

Wildsong’s engines were in no condition to support her for sustained flight out of the water.

New Decepticon dropships were buzzing around the wreck of the Dark Sky, fending off Driller worms boring through the wreck with their guns.

Song tried to distract their attention by slightly hovering above the water. That was the best she could do.

One of the dropships lowers itself as a door in its side slides open. Inside, two Heavy Ground Troopers deploy their weapons and begin scanning the sea for threats. Between them, a Ground Troopers urgently gestures for Wildsong to climb aboard.

Song turns to her robot mode and flips in mid-air getting into the ship.
“What is the biggest gun that you have?”

King-Quan was fascinated by the old and probably very rare recordings. He was thrilled to witness the creation of Omega Lock was made by none other than Solus Prime and her breath taking forge. With that recent discovery King-Quan looks a bit around to see if there was anything of interest there, if not he would be making his way out, happy with the knowledge he has gained so far. (@Chromeharpoon)

“Biggest this thing’s got is plasma cannon under the chin,” the Ground Trooper says.

Around the dais was a shallow pool of Blue Cybermatter.

“Can I accees it?”