Salvation: Part II

Epsilon gives a nervous chuckle, “I probably shouldn’t say this but, what’s the worst that can happen?” He said with a shrug, basically agreeing to be a Guinea pig for Shockwave.

The Ground Trooper shakes his head; the dropship’s copilot had control of the cannon.

“Total erasure of one’s memory banks and irreversible damage to the neural networks of both subjects,” Shockwave bluntly answers.

Epsilon immediately seems more nervous.

“Well, let’s hope that never happens.” Zepar said as he steeled himself for the experiment.

“Then whoever uses it should shoot at that thing now before it kills us!” she yelled in his face.

“Indeed,” Shockwave replies. The Decepticon flips a switch on the console, and the haphazard apparatus of the Patch jolts as it comes to life, emitting a burst of sparks.

The Driller hadn’t surfaced, remaining underwater while its brethren tore the Dark Sky apart. The dropship was in no immediate danger.

“Well, we’d need something to shoot at, first,” the Ground Trooper replies.

“I’ll try to distract him into getting above the water.”

Epsilon braces for the experiment as Zepar muttered a prayer to Primus asking that they be safe and that the experiment would be successful.

King-Quan glanced at the Blue Cybermatter, wondering if it held any meaning.

“You got a death wish?” one of the Heavy Troopers asks her.

" 'Cause with the shape your in, you’d be feeding yourself to that thing."

The dropship begins to climb into the sky.

Shockwave picks up the two cables and steps toward Epsilon and Zepar.

“Remain still,” he commands.

The Blue Cybermatter had so far demonstrated a remarkable ability to mend wounds and repair broken machinery; the Omega Key had submerged Salvation in literal tons of the stuff to rebuild and augment the Fleetcarrier.

“Oh, and are we going to run away instead? That thing killed four of our men!”

“And it’ll kill us, too, if we stay here!” the Ground Trooper shoots back.

“Those things are all over the Dark Sky; we’re aborting the mission.”

Song growled, before turning away.

The dropship, and many like it, flee from the wreck of the Dark Sky as the Drillers continue to rip the hulk apart, dragging its scraps into the depths.

Wildsong is silent.

The dropships fly upward as, above, them, the gargantuan warships of the New Decepticon Order begin to rise. The voice of the landing craft’s pilot rings through a speaker in the ceiling:

“Hang on tight, folks. Just got new orders: the fleet’s moving out again.”

“Where to?” Song wondered out loud.

“We’re going after the Salvation, I reckon,” one of the Heavy Ground Troopers speculates.

“So soon?” a smaller Ground Trooper wonders. “He’s never been this quick before.”

“That’s probably 'cause Bludgeon’s never been this ticked at him before,” the Heavy Trooper quips with a low chuckle.

Song was silent, her optics opened widely.

A Sharpshooter notices Wildsong’s wide-eyed expression?

“You alright?” she asks her.

“Hey, medic! I think this one’s going into shock or something!” she calls out to a New Decepticon sitting across from her.

“You’re either an idiot, or you love over-exaggerations. I’m fine. I need the medic tho to fix my engine.”