Salvation: Part II

The footage showed a speedy timelapse of the lab- everything from its construction to our various heroes paying Sprocket and Grommet a visit throughout their voyage. However, a keen eye might notice a slight “skip” early in one of the earlier recordings, as if some of it had been cut out.

“No more than I imagine most aboard do,” Grommet says.

“That he’s a pain in the exhaust port and somehow not dead, if Bludgeon and the gang showing up on Omega is any indication,” Sprocket elaborates.

SideStep paused and replayed the parts before and after the skip, albeit slower.
“There’s a missing part of the video.” murmured SideStep

“Alright.” Scorchlock nods. “Anything you particularly want to help me with?” He asked the Wrecker.

King-Quan nods in agreement, while the Decepticons were an odd bunch, like them, they were fighting for a cause. One should not forget the past because the past always matters, for once they were one and while some may believe it to be nonsense, they will be one again. There is a reason when he was reading The Covenant of Primus scriptures, he always saw Optimus Prime’s quote of Till All Are One.

“I somewhat agree, yes,” King-Quan admits. “But I’ve seen this war take a heavy toll on both Factions, to the point where it makes me think and ask this question. Are we any better? Or are we any different?” He asked. “While I wear the Autobot insignia with pride because it is a symbol of Freedom.” He said. “I feel like this War has demonized it and it isn’t what it once was, granted Ultra Magnus, our Great Leader. Ordered us to let go of it, and be what we once were…not Autobots…and not Decepticons…but rather…” He glances at them, wondering if one would be able to finish the sentence and get it right.

Song is silent as she waits for somebody to lead her to her new lab.

“We’ll talk about that later.” he said as he changed the channel to the Splitters.
@meepinater

OOC: Scorchlock is the only Wrecker there. I doubt he asked himself that.

At this point Redstocker and Alterion were in the tribunes of the improvised arena, with Delta jumping inside of it, waiting for Blight to follow her inside and start fighting.
(@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister)
“No. Just sit down and watch the first fight.” Redstocker told him from his place, looking from time to time to the doors of the hangar to see if anybody else was coming.
OOC: @Chromeharpoon I think you should be the one who determines how many people come to Redstocker’s fight club.

This recording showed an empty view of the lab. Upon further inspection, SideStep might notice that, after the skip, a stasis pod on Grommet’s end of the lab had ever-so-slightly shifted its position.

Sprocket narrows his eyes, observing the skip.

“Yep, seems like it,” concurs he. “Something the spy didn’t want us to see, I’ll bet.”

“Cybertronians,” Topside finishes the quote, nodding his head. “Yeah.”

A pair of twins enter the room: Rough and Tumble, whom Zepar had helped decipher the riddles of a Golden Age star map.

They were followed by two guards from Salvation’s brig, an Autobot and a Decepticon.

After a few moments of waiting, Brainpan pipes up:

“So are we just gonna stand here, or are we gonna get moving sometime? 'Cause I’m fine either way, but maybe I’d like to explore the ship some.”

“Are you for the fight club?” Redstocker asked, full of hope.

“You would expect a guy to show us the place. I’ve never been here before!” she lied, as she took part of Shockwave’s escape team.
OOC: Or at least I think she was. Can’t remember.

“Yeah,” Tumble says. Behind him, Rough folds his arms over his chest.

“Wait, you’re an Autobot?” the Decepticon guard observes.

“I thought fight clubs were more of a Decepticon thing,” comments the Autobot guard.

“Neither have I!” Brainpan says excitedly. “But I bet that if we pick a direction and start walking, we’ll find where we’re supposed to go eventually.”

“Yes?” Lightshift asked, as the three brothers walked through the hallways towards the church. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5972, topic:49995”]
This recording showed an empty view of the lab. Upon further inspection, SideStep might notice that, after the skip, a stasis pod on Grommet’s end of the lab had ever-so-slightly shifted its position.
[/quote]
SideStep points at the stasis pod.
“Look at that, it moved.”
He played the clip again. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5972, topic:49995”]
Sprocket narrows his eyes, observing the skip.

“Yep, seems like it,” concurs he. “Something the spy didn’t want us to see, I’ll bet.”
[/quote]

Sidestep turned to Sprocket. “Who had access to the security footage?”

Sprocket and Grommet both notice the slight change, and Grommet turns his head to look at the pod in question beside him.

Sprocket shrugs.

“I dunno,” he says. “Ship’s security, obviously. Motherboard, too, I guess.”

“What about you two?” SideStep asked, narrowing his eyes at the scientists.

Sprocket shakes his head.

“Not me,” he says.

“Nor I,” comments Grommet, studying the stasis pod.

“Why so?” Redstocker asked ashe jumped out of the tribunes to greed them.

She shrugged.
“If you say so…” she said as she headed towards the place where she and the others found Shockwave.

“Have you found anybody?”
@meepinater

The Autobot guard shrugs.

“I dunno,” he says. “Just a thought, I guess.”

The door to what had once been Shockwave’s lab had been shut- its orange lights indicating that it was also locked. The surrounding hallway had been repaired, with its other laboratories free to enter.

“Oooo…” Brainpan comments, poking at the door. “What’s behind here?”

“Anyway, I wanna sign down your names and factions.”

“Dunno.” she lied.

“Why?” the Decepticon guard asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Constant documentation of dubious necessity,” the Autobot guard explains to his cohort. “That’s another Autobot thing.”

“Let’s find out!” Brainpan suggests with manic grin as she deploys an array of cutting lasers from her fingers.

“Cause I want to grow to know my students.”

“Wait! No!”

“Hmmmm…” Sidestep turns and comms ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
“I got more news, someone tampered with a stasis pod in Grommet and Sprocket’s lab. They got into the security footage, too.”

The twins Rough and Tumble give their names, and the guards identify themselves as Guardrail (the Autobot) and Lockup (the Decepticon).

“Explain,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ orders; SideStep had the Decepticon captain’s full attention.

“How was the stasis pod tampered with? In what way was the security footage compromised?”

Brainpan looks up at Wildsong, her cutters hovering close before the door.

“…Why?” she asks, cocking her head to one side, her left eye flickering.

“Good, now come! We already started a training battle to wait for you.” he said, pointing to Delta and Blight preparing to fight.
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

“I don’t think we are allowed to do that.”

“Oh, they don’t allow you to do lots of things,” Brainpan says dismissively. “But if you’re really sneaky about doing the things they don’t want you to do, you can get away with it! That’s why I’m still allowed to practice medicine!”