Salvation: Part II

“Why don’t we get inside later, when they suspect us to work on our projects?”

King-Quan kindly smiled to that, behind his mouth plate. “I’m glad that has not been forgotten…” He mentioned, with a relieving tone.

OOC: It was an honest mistake on my part. I meant, The Wrecker asked but well something else came out. Just ignore.

“I didn’t come here to sit down buddy…” Scorchlock mentioned. “But I suppose, watching the people I’ll be fighting would be useful…and to also see what they’re capable of. If their metal is in the right place or not.” Scorchlock said, as he sat down and patiently waited, and watched.

“I mean if you want to fight miss Delta instead of mister Blight…” Redstocker said, taken a little off-guard by Scorchlock’s eagerness to fight.

This seemed to convince Brainpan, who retracts the cutting lasers and backs away from the door.

“No,” Topside agrees, “it certainly has not. The majority of the crew seem perfectly willing to get along, surprisingly.”

“Yes, I may have been expecting more melodrama, admittedly,” Greasemonkey asides.

“Good.” she nodded. “Now, I think it would be the best if we worked in two separate labs. I mean, a team of combiners is pretty different from some one-shot killers. Let’s choose one for you first.”

Zepar nods, “That makes sense.” He said.

“I hope to see the day when Predacons can walk among us as equals.” He told the cyclops, “Remember, my aid is one comlink call away.” He reminded Shockwave as he exited the lab.

1 Like

“I haven’t checked the pod yet, but it looks like someone cut out a portion of the footage, to hide they were ever in the lab. The only way you can tell anything happen is because the pod was nudged.”
Sidestep walked over to the stasis pod to inspect it.

“Okay!” Brainpan agrees, waltzing into the nearest open door.

“Hey! You can’t be in here!” a gruff voice could be heard shouting from within the room.

You can’t be in here!” Brainpan retorts. “I am commandeering this laboratory, effective immediately!”

“Thank you, SideStep,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ replies. “I will have Motherboard attempt to recover the missing footage.”

Nothing about the stasis pod seemed out of the ordinary- the machine was plugged into the wall by a tangle of tubes and cabling, and held a comatose feline mechanimal within.

“Noted,” Shockwave replies. The cyclops enters a note into his datapad.

@ProfSrlojohn

1 Like

Laslow reenters the room.

Shockwave, his back to Laslow, looks at the Autobot from over his shoulder.

“How may I help you, Autobot?” he asks.

Zepar, more or less, wandered around the ship, trying not to linger on how many brave souls had been lost during this voyage so far.

“Salvo sent me here to inquire about one of the weapons that was recovered alongside you. Some sort of scrambler rifle.”

Much of the crew was trying to do much the same, biding their time until Salvation reached her next destination. Many new faces had joined their ranks; the surviving pilgrims who had lived on Planet Omega under Lady Corona’s leadership for the last seven millennia.

There is only a second of silence as Shockwave guesses as to what weapon Laslow was referring to.

“The V27.CYBR Corrupter,” the cyclops assumes. “Calling it a scrambler rifle is not an entirely inaccurate description.”

“And what exacly are it’s effects? Besides making a drone go haywire, as I’ve seen with my own eyes.”

Shockwave pulls up a hologram of the CYBR Corrupter’s schematics above his datapad.

“The V27.CYBR Corrupter is designed to interfere with enemy weapons and equipment; unfortunately it’s effects are random and unpredictable, and it is largely ineffective against cybertronian techno-biology.”

The schematics of the CYBR Corrupter supported Shockwave’s summary: the gel it shot at foes contained nanomachines that hacked into their targets, inducing a vast array of adverse affects on weapons, drones, and other equipment. Cybertronian organisms, however, were unaffected; a bot shot by the Corrupter might find their weapon disabled, but the nanomachines seemed unable to target their organs or other vital systems. Shockwave had been working to fix this design flaw before his capture.

“Alright, thank you sir. I’ll make sure Salvo gets this information.”

Shockwave nods.

“Is that all?” he asks.

“I believe so sir, yes. Unless you have anything you’d like me to tell Salvo.”

Shockwave shakes his head.

“I do not.”

“Then I will leave you to it then.” Laslow replied with a short bow before quickly striding out of the room, heading back to the armory.