Salvation: Part II

Gronius ignores all of the details, as he keeps searching for something of importance.

From the darkness ahead, light footsteps echo, travelling at a deliberate pace toward Gronius.

Gronius turned to his robot mode, and while drawing his sword he turned to the footsteps.
“Who is there?!” he yelled, his voice full of barely restrained anger.

From the shadows emerges a gold-armored cybertronian Knight, her chest and limbs bearing deep-green trimming and features suggesting a draconic alt-mode. She stood at average height, and upon a wide shield she carried over her left forearm was emblazoned a claw-like insignia:

Turn back!” she shouts across the corridor to Gronius, in Ancient Cybertronian. “The contents of these vaults are not for the unworthy. I bid thee leave, or be destroyed.

“I don’t understand a bloody thing that you just said!” Gronius angrily yelled at her.

The Green Knight points sharply to a space behind Gronius.

The contents of these vaults are not for the unworthy,” she repeats. “Leave, or be destroyed.

“Slag off or I’ll cut your throat!” he yelled.

The Green Knight raises her shield, an in a flash of light, a sword appears in her right hand: forged from silver and grey metal, and adorned with gold trimming, cyberglpyhic characters, and glowing green conduits.

That was your last warning, thief,” the Knight says in a low tone.

“I don’t like where this is going.” he said, turning into his dragon mode. “So I’ll tell everybody that you are the one who attacked first when they’ll see your head!”

The Green Knight roars a battle cry as she slashes the air in front of her with her sword. The conduits running along the blade flash, and with a whooshing sound an arc of verdant-colored energy surges from the weapon and races toward Gronius, carving shallow lines in the walls of the corridor.

“The slag—” Gronius says before getting hit by the energy and being thrown further into the hallway.

The energy wave felt strangely… solid as it hit Gronius. Like a ribbon of sharp, thick glass had struck him and forced him backward.

The Green Knight transforms, falling onto all fours as the armor on her chest and back unfolds into a pair of wings. Sharp claws dig into the earth as the Knight assumes the form of a slender, fanged dragon.

OOC: it resembles the beast mode of Prime Ripclaw, minus the claw on the end of the tail.

IC: the dragon opens its jaws and emits a shrill roar, and a jet of green energy erupts from her throat.

Gronius also launches his own jet of fire, attempting to at least partially overpower his opponent’s.

“Yeah, we kinda figured that out. There’s some bad dudes trying to take it from us.” Vigor grunted. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6739, topic:49995”]
The glyphs on the door briefly flash, reacting to the ancient technology that had been integrated into SideStep’s staff, but nothing more happens after that.
[/quote]

SideStep cautiously pushes on the door. [quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:6748, topic:49995”]
“It shall be done.” Zepar said as he began to enter the fortress, beckoning the Splitter Brothers to follow
[/quote]

The three brothers follow Zepar.

The Green Knight’s attack overpowers Gronius’ flames; the column of energy surges toward the Autobot.

The door does not budge.

At the base of the fortress’ central spire protrudes. A great, rectangular door. Upon its surface was a relief carving depicting the four Knights of the Omega Lock, holding out four identical swords toward a round keyhole in the center of the door. Around the keyhole were cyberglyphs spelling out a portion of the Omega Lock mantra:

…-and thwart the forces of chaos and evil-…

The Blue Knight walks with the Splitter brothers, listening to their tale.

Gronius jumps to the side, before he runs away on the hallway.

Zepar gestures for the Splitter Brothers to use the Omega Key if they wanted to.

The Green Knight roars, but does not give chase.

Thrust walks forwards with the key and inserts it into the keyhole[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6763, topic:49995”]
The door does not budge.
[/quote]

“Hm.”
SideStep taps on the door with his staff.

The Omega Key clicks into place, and its lights flash- as do those all over the fortress. Lines of blue light spread out from the keyhole across the door as its metal panels begin to part, revealing a corridor beyond.

Nothing happens.

“What could fit in that indent?” Breakswitch wonders.

“Unfortunately, that is a riddle I am not equipped to solve,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ admits.

“…Unless we decide to have a go at shooting the door down…”