Salvation: Part II

“The hell is this place?” Gronius thinks as he continues to go through the tunnels.

Whatever this facility once was, Gronius couldn’t tell. The ruined corridors betrayed not their purpose.

As Gronius turns a corner, he would once again encounter the Green Knight, once more in robot mode.

Halt!” she commands. "The contents of these vaults are not for the unworthy. I bid thee leave, or be destroyed."

Zepar looks at the blue Knight, “Who are you?” He asked in Ancient, “Be honest in your answer.” He said, watching the figure to see if he could spot any indicators of his honesty.

Gronius took a deep breath, before contacting Zepar.
“Can you do me a favour?”
@BlackBeltGamer98

“What is it?” He asked.

“I’ve met this green dragon chick.” he said, trying to hide his anger. “She speaks in ancient, please translate.”

“Where are you?” He asked.

“In a giant ruin.”

“Is it a fortress?” He asked.

The Blue Knight begins to answer, before he sees Zepar activate his comlink.

Both Gronius and Zepar could scarcely hear each other above the harsh buzz of static, as the signal fights to be heard through the strange interference that permeated the planet. The comlinks lose this battle, unfortunately, and their voices drown out.

Zepar growls in frustration at his comlink. Note to self: calibrate comlinks to a planet when we arrive.

He looks at the figure, awaiting their answer.

We placed a shroud over this planet,” the Blue Knight explains, “to hinder long-range communications. A precaution we felt was necessary, to stall thieves and others with ill inentions.

“One of my friends is in trouble.” He said, “Also, who are you?”

I am an echo of the Knight Atlantis of Pescus Hex,” the Blue Knight explains. “An artificial intelligence placed within the Omega Key your friend carries, modelled off of his neural network. I think, speak, and act as he would- I even bear some of Atlantis’ memories.

@Toa_Vladin

@ProfSrlojohn

Deus looks to Gatecrasher for affirmation.

@MichaelBT-7474 @Toa_Vladin

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @meepinater @ProfSrlojohn

Halfrunner turns to face Juliana, Spectrum, and Pixel.

“So,” he says. “You three fixing to get out there and do some more daring heroics, I reckon?”

Gronius swears.

“Fancy.” Thrust grinned. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6768, topic:49995”]
Nothing happens.

“What could fit in that indent?” Breakswitch wonders.

“Unfortunately, that is a riddle I am not equipped to solve,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ admits.

“…Unless we decide to have a go at shooting the door down…”
[/quote]

“Yes, please.” Growled Sidestep, understandably frustrated. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6782, topic:49995”]
Halfrunner turns to face Juliana, Spectrum, and Pixel.

“So,” he says. “You three fixing to get out there and do some more daring heroics, I reckon?”
[/quote]

“Y-y-y-y-yes!” Spectrum cheers.

1 Like

In the corridor beyond, green lights bloom in the ceiling as statues of the original twelve Cybertronian Knights line the walls, saluting our heroes.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ extends the barrel of his shoulder cannon, and Breakswitch draws her pistols.

“Well, in that case…” deadpans the Decepticon captain…

Halfrunner smiles.

The Green Knight raises her sword.

1 Like

The Splitter brothers walked into the hall, studying the knights. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6785, topic:49995”]
■■■■■■■■■■■■ extends the barrel of his shoulder cannon, and Breakswitch draws her pistols.

“Well, in that case…” deadpans the Decepticon captain…
[/quote]

SideStep hefts his rifle.

The Knights were the same as the ones depicted in the gargantuan monuments on Planet Omega, only this time scaled to the actual sizes of the bots they depicted. Unlike many of the Ancient Cybertronian ruins our heroes had seen thus far in their journey, the interior of this facility had aged well, and had clearly been maintained by automated systems.

■■■■■■■■■■■■’s cannon roars as it spits a beam of ice-blue plasma at the door, and Breakswitch discharges her energy pistols.

“This place looks nice.” Lightshift said.
“Obviously it’s been taken care of.” Thrust agreed. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6787, topic:49995”]
■■■■■■■■■■■■’s cannon roars as it spits a beam of ice-blue plasma at the door, and Breakswitch discharges her energy pistols.
[/quote]

SideStep fires several shots from his rifle.