Salvation: Part II

“That’s it!” Vigor landed on the platform Lockdown was on and ducked inside of the ship. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7690, topic:49995”]
Lockdown staggers as the Splitter brothers continue their assault, but do little damage to the bounty hunter. He deploys another rifle on his left arm and shoots at both Lightshift and Vigor.

Nearby, Thrift transforms to robot mode and picks himself up off the Death’s Head’s hull.
[/quote]

Vigor ducks the attack, while Thrust begins to fire at Lockdown. Lightshift spirals out of the way, and resumes his barrage. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7690, topic:49995”]
A grunt is heard though the commlink as ■■■■■■■■■■■■ rips out a Ground Trooper’s sparkchamber.

“Whoo! Remind me never to get on your bad side, sir!” Facelift cackles in the background.

“You already are on my bad side, doctor,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ growls, eliciting a gulp from the Butcher of Tetrahex.

“Anyway,” the Decepticon captain says, turning his attention to his communicator, “what was that, SideStep? Say again.”
[/quote]

“We need cybermatter from the ship.” SideStep said. “This place is a wreck and the Blue key isn’t repairing it quickly enough.”

Lockdown mutters a curse in Ancient and rushes to pursue Vigor, but-

He still had the other two Splitter brothers to deal with first. Turning around as the bullets ricochet off his torso, the bounty hunter fires six missiles from his shoulder-mounted launchers.

“Copy that,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ says. “I’ll dispatch someone to collect more immediately.”

Vigor ventures further inside the Death’s Head, looking for an airlock to close and block Lockdown from following. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7692, topic:49995”]
He still had the other two Splitter brothers to deal with first. Turning around as the bullets ricochet off his torso, the bounty hunter fires six missiles from his shoulder-mounted launchers.
[/quote]

Thrust and Lightshift immediately began to fire at the missiles. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7692, topic:49995”]
“Copy that,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ says. “I’ll dispatch someone to collect more immediately.”
[/quote]

“Great, thanks.”

The shot should have killed him. . .

Those were the thoughts of King-Quan as he transformed into his robot mode and jumped out of the way, avoiding the plasma shot from Banzaitron. He glanced at him as his sword shifted into its gun mode and he fired an energy beam at Banzaitron. While the six mercenaries sprung into action, he detached one short sword from the shield, that overlapped on his shoulder and controlling it with his mind, he would send it flying like an arrow towards the mercenaries. In an attempt to take them out quickly as the blade flew towards the first mercenaries, attempting to impale its spark, before going towards the second one, and so on.

“Good idea,” Scorchlock said. “I oughta say, I love staying here while the others are saving our aft.” He ironically said.

The decepticon struggles to her feet and limps off to somewhere safe.

Treadquake dashes to the side and evades the blasts. He tries to use his hook launcher to pull the beast down, but all it acomplishes is pulling Treadquake to the mech. Ramming into it full force.

“Are you sure?”
Beta replied, quite hesitantly. Still aboard the Salvation.
“You haven’t needed me until now. What makes this fight so different?”

@Chromeharpoon

“I’d rather be fightin’. I’m not the problem-solving type.” SideStep replied, holding the Key over the pedestal still.

The controls for the interior airlock door could be found right beside Vigor.

Thrust and Lightshift are able to shoot three of the missiles, and Thrift snipes a fourth with a well-placed shot from his gauss cannon.

“Hope somebody was recording that because I will not be doing that again!” he laughs.

Nearby was ■■■■■■■■■■■■, the Decepticon captain, his forearms slick with energon and its Dark counterpart. He seemed to be looking for somebody in the midst of the battle.

The Siege Walker swats at Treadquake as the winch reels the Wrecker close to it.

Shockwave and Motherboard had been sent sprawling from the fusion blast, with Motherboard sustaining the worst injuries out of the two. Shockwave picks himself up and almost immediately resumes fighting, transforming into his tank form, though Motherboard seemed unable to stand. Forcep transforms into his ambulance mode to carry her to safety.

“Error… error… severe damage sustained to lower lumbar area… transformation capabilities inaccessible… medical evacuation requested…” the first officer warbles.

“Yes, that’s why I’m here,” Forcep quips.

Mercenary #1 dodges the blade as the other five, plus Banzaitron, continue shooting at King-Quan. Bludgeon emerges from the elevator with the armor on his left arm thoroughly scorched, drawing his great sword from his back.

“Kill him!” he commands, and Banzaitron resists the urge to roll his eyes. As if he was planning to do anything but

“You had a look outside, son?” Topside asks him.

1 Like

Oh thank Primus.
She thought to herself.

She made her way to the captain. As fast as her body would allow, which admittedly wasn’t saying much. When she finally reached ■■■■■■■■■■■■, spoke loudly, trying to get his attention.

“Hey! Think you could help a bot out? Word to the wise, don’t try blowing up a bomber while you’re still on it. I did. Not fun.”
Even when she was greatly damaged, she still managed to keep her sense of humor.

Treadquake crashed into the ground, but refused to give up. He quickly jumped back to his feet and shifted his hands to their gatling gun modes.

“Eat lead decepti-creep!”
With that he fired. Unloading two helpings of rappid fire metallic death into the towering machine.

“I know it’s bad but… Look, even if I wanted to help, I’m at a bit of a disadvantage. Given the fact that you’re on another ship, and I can’t fly.”
Beta responded.

Vigor hit the button that closed the airlock, then shot at the control panel to lock the airlock closed. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7697, topic:49995”]
Thrust and Lightshift are able to shoot three of the missiles, and Thrift snipes a fourth with a well-placed shot from his gauss cannon.

“Hope somebody was recording that because I will not be doing that again!” he laughs.
[/quote]

Thrust and Lightshift start to fly around Lockdown, firing at the missiles as they do.

The airlock is thus sealed from the inside.

The resulting explosions throw Lockdown backward and send him sprawling onto the hull of the Death’s Head.

"I imagine it wasn’t ■■■■■■■■■■■■ deadpans. “Actually, I’m wondering if you could help me.”

The Siege Walker is largely unaffected by the incoming hailstorm, and fires its four-barreled cannon again.

“We have a ground bridge now, if you recall,” Topside replies.

“Wait, couldn’t we just use that to teleport outta here and back to Salvation, then?” Broadband points out. Topside is silent for a moment as he considers the comms officer’s suggestion. The ground bridge was such a recent addition to his ship that he perhaps hadn’t given much in the way of thorough thinking to how it could be applied.

“…Uh… scratch that, Fortress… I think we might be good here, actually,” the Autobot captain backpedals. “Eh, uh… try not to die, you hear?”

1 Like

“Depends. What do you need? If you need me to fly anywhere, you’re out of luck. In the state I’m in now, I’m grounded.”

“SON OF A MOTHER SLAGGIN-”
Treadquake shouted out a furious string of expletives as he jumped out of the way. It had been a long time since he had met an enemy so stubborn.

“What the hell is it gonna take to kill this thing!”

“Thank Primus”
The autobot said under his breath.

“Yes commander. Over and out.”
Beta replied before he shut off his comlink.

He felt at ease knowing he didn’t need to fight, but something still weighed on him. The Salvation hadn’t faced such overwhelming odds before. This is what he was made for. This was his purpose… But he just didn’t know if he could do it.

@Chromeharpoon

1 Like

“As it happens, I was needing you to fly up to Salvation,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ sighs.

“More than the four of us have got!” Brakeswitch calls to Treadquake, drawing her laser pistols with a flourish. Shockwave transforms into his tank form, the barrel of his cannon spinning rapidly as it charges up another shot.

As the battle continues beneath Salvation, the Fleetcarrier trades salvos of plasma and metal slugs with the New Decepticon fleet. The hulls of Bludgeon’s warships buckle and shatter as Salvation’s missiles strike them en masse, and cerulean beams from her laser turrets rake across the enemy battleships. Meanwhile, the enemy’s fire continues to break harmlessly against the Fleetcarrier’s recently-acquired energy shields, though it was doubtful they’d hold forever against the assault.

A pinprick of sunset-orange light appears on the morning horizon, just above the bow of the Armageddon, and the Vigilant’s trio of fusion cannons spit three violet lances of irradiated plasma into Salvation’s shields, bathing the gorge below in their light.

Facelift wrestles a mercenary to the ground as he deploys a laser scalpel from his hand.

The doctor will now make the first incision!” the cyclops cackles as he brings the glowing blade down upon his victim.

A Sharpshooter shoots Grommet in the shoulder, the force of the impact throwing the portly Decepticon onto the ground. Without a second’s hesitation, Salvo moves her larger and well-armored body in front of the wounded scientist, lobbing a shot from her riot cannon at the sniper.

@meepinater

@meepinater @MichaelBT-7474 @BlackBeltGamer98

By now one console in the third chamber of the fortress had been fully repaired.

@MichaelBT-7474

@BlackBeltGamer98

1 Like

“Sorry captain. Unless you got a d@mn good medic somewhere nearby, I’m not going anywhere.”

Treadquake growled angrily. There was nothing he dispized more than admitting defeat. Mostly because he rarely needed to before now. But it would be better to live to kill another day than to die here. He transformed into his vehicle mode. The tread claws relasing themselves from the giant’s chest and rejoining him.

The wrecker then drove back a ways and turned around, firing a missile at the mech.

“D@mmit! D@mmit all!”
Beta shouted as he realized he’d have to do the right thing.

His power would be best on the ground. So that’s where he’d go. He looked around to see if there was any way to open a ground bridge from the hanger.

@Flux

1 Like

SideStep quickly moved to the other console, holding the Blue Key over it.

Thrust and Lightshift target Lockdown again and fire their weapons.

Vigor, meanwhile, searches for the bridge of Death’s Head.

A bot walks up to him, “Can I be of assistance?”
The bot had a bland grey and yellow color-scheme, with a face not dis-similar to motherboard’s. A bright single purple eye shown beneath the blue face and looks concerned at him.

“Uh, depends. Do you know how to get the groundbridge working? I need to move some… Equipment, on to the front lines. But it’s too big to take it anywhere else in the ship.”
Beta replied.

“I don’t…but what do you need it for?”, The bot asks, “Where does it need to be moved?”

“To the ground. Our guys are taking heavy losses, and according to one of the captains, it just might be what we need to turn the tides.”
Beta replied, stretching the truth just a smidge, in order to maintain secrecy.

“So just off the ship is good?” The bot says, “I think I could do something to help.”

“I don’t know. This thing is big. I don’t think we have any dropships big enought to move it. So the only other option is by portal.”