Salvation: Part II

Pixel attempts to save his ally by springing onto the Predacon’s head, serving as a distraction.

Salvo hadn’t left the platform.

“Thank you kindly,” he says with a smiling, noting the two halves of the mech Darkside was dragging behind him.

Several blasts strike the Predaking square in the face, sending the dragon reeling backward as he howls in pain.

Skystalker weaves around the five spires of the fortress, evading Starchaser while climbing higher into the sky.

Pixel is unable to change Vertebreak’s course (@Flux), but he succeeds in jumping onto the dragon’s head.

“you’re welcome I suppose.” he says, continuing to sound cold.

ugh… I wish I could get to know you Salvo, I really do, but last time that happened…

Starchaser cuts her fire and transformed into robot mode, blasting after Skystalker and trying to closely tail the predacon.

“Much appreciated,” Salvo replies.

Skystalker flies atop the fortress’ ring, weaving between the antimatter cannons firing at the New Decepticon ships.

“Well, I have things to do now.” he said, with an icy coldness, (though if Salvo was perceptive, she might notice how forced it was) and walked away.

Sigh… Why must I do this… he queried himself.

Oh that’s right, because everyone you ever get to know dies a horrible death, so I cannot get to know them his mind answered back.

I hate myself.

1 Like

“I figured,” Salvo calls back, before getting to work on repairing her mech.

He walks on, unresponsive.

well, there we go, another bridge sucessfully burned…

He turned the corner before stopping, then leaning against the wall with another sigh.

“Where am I even going…” he said aloud to himself.

“I’m just a drifter now… no job, no purpose, not even able to be good cannon fodder. What’s the point…” he continued, not noticing he was even speaking audibly, in a surprisingly loud voice.

Starchaser follows close behind, trying to grab on to the predacon’s tail.

“Uh… you been in stasis for the past month and a half, pal?” Salvo remarks.

Skystalker just barely eludes her, diving beneath one of the cannons.

“Gah!” He yells, surprised, having not noticed her approach.

“No” he says, regaining his composure and cold attitude. “What makes you ask autobot?”

Split turns and runs towards the rest of the friendly forces, leaving a trail of energon behind him.

“Just wondering,” Salvo says. “You say you’ve got nothing to do when there’s d*mn war going on outside.”

The nearest friendly was the Decepticon Starchaser, who was pursuing Skystalker.

Split runs towards Starchaser, splitting into Thrust, Vigor, and Lightshift, who all subsequently transformed into jet mode and took off towards the ally.

“You saw what little good my gun did to those things! None of my chargers have offensive capabilities! I can’t even take shots properly! I’m worthless!”

Skystalker perches atop the ancient fortress’ ring to observe his new foes.

“Then why are you here?” Salvo snaps. “We’re supposed to be the best of our factions, aren’t we? Every bot on this ship was selected for this mission because someone or other in high command thought we were the only ones who could get it done- and that includes you, pal.”

“Oh, are you joking? Another one?” Lightshift says.
“We need to get out of here.” Thrust replied. “Before we can’t.”
“Agreed.” Lightshift says, turning towards the Salvation. His two brothers follow suit.

Pixel looks for something or someone to attack.

The Splitter’s journey back to Salvation would go unimpeded.

Spectrum’s brother Pixel was fighting Vertebreak with Llun, Starchaser was chasing down Skystalker, and the Predaking in a daze after taking several shotgun blasts to the face.

“I’m a spy Dmit! I’m not supposed to fight! I was never supposed to fight! I don’t know who’s half-ed idea it was to send a spy on an exploration and combat mission alright! I have no dn clue!" He snapped back, "So I’m sorry if I don’t live up to your ****ed expectations you dmed autobot! I can’t do a d*n thing about it!”

His voice hitched a bit as he realized what he said to her…

Spectrum charged towards Vertebreak. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8028, topic:49995”]
The Splitter’s journey back to Salvation would go unimpeded
[/quote]

Once reaching the Salvation, they head towards the nearest medbay to get patched up.
On their way, they pass SideStep who had been wandering the ship.
“Yeesh. What happened to you guys?” He asked, smirking.
“Why don’t you go down there and ask the, oh, I dunno, the GIANT ROBOT DRAGONS?” Vigor snapped back.
“Whoa, hey, take it down a notch, bucko. I was just askin’.” SideStep said, raising his hands.

1 Like