Salvation: Part II

“The Decepticon Empire owes its most important victories and overall technological superiority to my creations,” Shockwave says in his usual deep monotone, “And Autobot intelligence regards me as the most brilliant cybertronian mind alive today, despite my engaging in activities and projects that they deem ‘immoral’. You were only assigned to this voyage after the selection committee was persuaded to make an order to keep you away from anything that could be used to create an explosion unsupervised. An order which I doubt has been adhered to.”

1 Like

“That I lack, so I’ll give you the Shanix” he said, Counting out the required amount and handing them over.

Thrift accepts the payment, then opens up a compartment in the back of the Gambler to pull out the wreckage of four sleek cybertronian cars, all in varying states of disrepair.

“Gotta admire the Autobots down on that hellscape,” he remarks. “Sure, Red Energon’s great, but would you catch me risking melting into a pool of slag to get some?”

The junkion looks up for a moment as he thinks it over.

“…Yeah, actually, you probably would,” he admits.

Darkside ignores his antics, instead posing the question, “You wouldn’t know where to find an artificer on this ship would you?”

SideStep glared at his profile.
He approached the monitors and tried to see if he could find any information on the spy[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8115, topic:49995”]
Spectrum’s commlink chirps.

“This is Salvo to all ranking medical personnel,” the quartermaster’s contralto voice announces, “there’s a big fella in hangar 2 who needs some patching up. Might wanna send a small team.”
[/quote]

Spectrum replies cheerily, “O-on m-my way!”
She looks for a transport or a way up to Salvation.

“Eh, I prefer bards myself…” Thrift remarks as he dismantles the prototypes.

The monitors offered nothing in that regard.

Many ground bridge portals were open in the gorge as crew members were beginning to return to the ship.

Bards…? he thought confused. must be some Junkion thing.

“I mean, do you know anyone who you think could craft one of these” he said, pulling out his Night Sight Charger.

The circuits in the center of it glowed slightly, and the symbol in the middle glowed brighter than the rest.

1 Like

Breig was quite offended. Why he had never heard such slander before! Even if, perhaps, it wasn’t completely unfounded. Regardless getting upset wouldn’t get him anywhere.

“Very well. If I must be supervised like a protoform, then I’ll oblige.”

1 Like

“Well would ya look at that…” Thrift says, peering at the device.

“Salvo could probably whip something up for you. She’s a big name in Autobot weapons R&D from what I’ve heard. Worked on Project: Omega and all that.”

Shockwave nods, setting down the repair tool he’d been using and dismissing the diagnostic drone hovering beside him.

“While I have access to my research, courtesy of my rescuers, I do not have the equipment necessary to set up a cloning facility in my possession,” he says. “I would like to see your laboratory to assess your equipment.”

“Of course…” he muttered. “If that’s who you say to go to, then that’d to whom I will go. Where can I find her?”

“Very well. Follow me.”
Breig said. He then proceeded to walk back towards the engine room, as that was the fastest way back to his facility.

Thrift shrugs.

“Probably in a medical bay,” he guesses. “Along with plenty of other bots at the moment.”

Shockwave follows behind him.

“Wait, she got hurt?!” He said, concern clearly showing on his face.

“Just a guess,” Thrift says. “If she did, I imagine the other guy got it worse.”

He began to panic a bit, obvious to the observer.

Did she go back out?! he thought

I mean, it’s not like she try again after getting her mevh trashed like that right?! Right?

“Whoa, hey,” Thrift says, seeing that Darkside had started to freak out a little.

“I wasn’t saying she got seriously roughed up or nothing. I just assume she got some dents during the battle- it was a slagging war zone down there.”

“You don’t understand! I brought her back after her mech got wrecked, but she must have gone back out because I didn’t! This is MY fault! As usual!”

Thrift raises an eyebrow.

“It’s your fault ‘cause she decided to go out an’ fight?” he says doubtfully. “Eh, not sure I’m tracking you there, friend.”

“Listen, I saved her after her mech got trashed by one of those predacons. Once we got back to the ship, she and I had an arguement because I didn’t want to go back out and get in the way, since I can’t really fight! I should have gone back out there to help! I should have been there to prevent it from happening!”

When they eventually arrive, Breig’s laboratory was… Interesting. It somehow managed to look like a scientific marvel, a display of some of the best modern advances in technology known to Cybertron - and a chaotic rat den hole in the ground at the same time. All manner of devices could be seen. Some prim and pristine, others hodge-podged together with spare parts.

1 Like