Sensei Yang Main Ninjago Villain for New Sets?

Hello there!
Later on today I was watching JangBricks’ review of the new Lego Ninjago Rock Raider set. As I was watching it, I noticed this on the back of the box:

Besides being directly from JangBricks’ video (found here ), one may notice that on the computer screen, there is picture of all the past Ninjago villains, which has been discussed already multiple times. If you look closely, however, you can see that Sensei Yang is the biggest villains and the most imposing one (he is in the center of the computer screen).

Another case in which this is evident is Lego’s ad for the new Ultra Stealth Raider set (found here ).

The video ends by showing the stealth raider firing dual stud shooters, not at Master Chen (the most imposing villain with his Chenosaurus), but at Sensei Yang instead.

While but of these instances are interesting, Sensei Yang being the main villain makes sense for other reasons as well. We already know that several villains such as Master Chen, Samukai, Morro, etc. are, effectively, “dead.” Sensei Yang, being a ghost, could have some connection with bringing these former villains back.

This scenario would also explain the ghostly feel and mood of the “It’s time to close the circle” nijago poster. It would also explain Sensei Yang’s shrine supposedly being there in the background.

Anyhow, this is just a theory, after all. So What are your thought’s?
DO you think Sensei Yangs’ the next big Ninjago villain? DO you think he’s just a filler? Do you think I’m just going crazy with this?:stuck_out_tongue:
Reply with your thoughts and comments! Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Well, seeing as He’s on most of the promotional art for this wave, and his lantern has the same colours as the collectable weapons this wave, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that he is. They do usually advertise the main villain the most, after all.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured that was all but confirmed.

I’m going to assume that he’s the one to summon all of the old villains(and likely the new green weapons). It will be interesting to see to what degree the older baddies actually take his orders.

3 Likes

Yeah, actually. That seems pretty likely. I should try to get caught up on Ninjago. I kind of lost interest during Skybound…

1 Like

@Brunamal
@Garnira
@SmeatyFlavor
Thank you all for your feedback! (I can’t believe people agree with me on a theory!:smile:)

I also forgot to mention that Sensei Yang being the main villain also gives a reason for why Cole is not really a ghost any more.

Wish samukai was in the sets

1 Like