Set Accuracy In The BIONICLE Movies

That is a lovely mask you have there, Nuju.

2 Likes

I don’t like Star Trek full stop.

Give me Stargate any day.

Its…Butiful.

@The13Inquisitor …to each there own…BUT HIS VOICE ROCKS!..yeeeep…

BURN THE HERETIC
/s

2 Likes

oh gosh this is turning into an argument about star trek! get back on topic please!!

2 Likes

Do you even understand the irony of that post?

1 Like

Am I the only one who always wanted the Rahkshi to split their heads open in set form?

16 Likes

That always got me as a kid, but looking back, that’s actually an awesome interpretation of the Rahkshi.

6 Likes

I swear, Krekka looks the least like his set form compared to every other character

Those arms look absolutely nothing like the set, they completely left out the silver, and his legs are toothpicks. I could go on all day.

9 Likes

Or they forgot the white in the set

1 Like

All things considered, Krekka’s movie form was jarring at first, but next to TLR, it’s a minor thing.

And it kind of grows on you as well.

1 Like

I like the movie one more…cuz that was the first one I had seen…and the set is TERRABAD!

2 Likes

oh my gosh yes iam not the only one

But…but…Jim Cummings…

Loved how in TLR, you could actually distinguish their masks/helmets being separate from their actual heads. If you look at every Bionicle character in TLR, you can tell that they have the exact same glatorian head under the mask. Even HF villains like Corroder had them.

Man, that actually looks creepy. His eyes are actually very tiny and he has a mouth, within a mouth. Wonder how he looks like without that goblin helmet.

10 Likes

That always bothered me in HF. I normally saw their helmets as their actual heads and not, y’know, helmets. The whole “mouth within a mouth” thing was always distracting to me as I knew that probably wasn’t the intention of the set designers. It was taking set-accuracy too far IMO.

Okay, I know you said this over two weeks ago, but I have saw this and was highly confused. I know it’s bandwagon for everyone to hate on TLR but not everything TLR did was bad and, in a lot of cases, the original trilogy was highly flawed as well.

The original trilogy was a lot like Spider-Man: TAS. I say that because in the show Spidey wasn’t allowed to throw a punch because it was deemed “too violent.” The first three films did the exact same thing. They had to use elemental powers but even then it wasn’t used in their fullest potential, at least in my eyes. In TLR, you have actual sword fights.

Also, there’s a difference between animation style and animation quality. Which style is better is subjective and a matter of personal taste. I, personally, prefer how things look in the originals. However, TLR’s animation quality is clearly superior, though this is due to the film coming out 4 years later with better CGI technology.

Sorry that I kind of blew up there. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I still found the CGI in TLR to be jerky and unrefined next to the first three films.
Number one had scenes a bit like that, but not throughout the film.

That and TLR really did take set accuracy too far.

I admit, if I’d seen it when I was younger, I probably would’ve liked it because it’s how I wish they’d been done, but today, I definitely prefer the original trilogy’s art style.

Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

All three movies were direct-to-DVD so jerkiness is to be expected. The original three did have it’s moments too, though I did hear that some of them were deliberate. (They were trying to imitate Ray Harryhausen’s stopmotion films, particularly with the movements of the rahkshi and Makuta. The more you know!)

Most accurate Movie Makuta I ever saw someone make. Whoever made this, hats off to you good man.

16 Likes

I think TLR would have been great without those darn spinning gears.

3 Likes