Sokoda's weekly builds

I didn’t know what that is so I googled it. It looks quite hard to pull off, especiall in that scale, would need a lot of printing probably, so sorry but I’m doubtful that I can make it as a weekly build. Maybe if I have a good idea for it.

2 Likes

[SWB 83] Kai’s True Potential

Stud.io-file: [SWB 83] Kai’s True Potential

30 Likes

As a kid, watching this was one of the greatest plot twists in history. Looking back on how Lloyd went from being just some tagalong kid to becoming the main character of the entire show is very interesting.

5 Likes

am I the only one who preferred Lloyd when he was a child

3 Likes

Nope, I used to love Lloyd, and now he’s one of my least favorite characters.

3 Likes

Yeah, the ridiculous amount of focus that was put on him since the Ninjago Movie definitely made him one of the least interesting characters.

3 Likes

and now that he’s an adult we don’t get
ninja roll

7 Likes

if it’s impossible, you can make it bigger

ps. watch kamen rider it’s so good despite being a 13+ show
the 3 to start with are W (double) (detective drama)
ooo (he’s a hobo because spoiler reasons) and
fourze (highschool drama + space) start with one of these to really get a feel of the show, it’s low budget so don’t expect too much that’s just tokusatsu, it shares the same studio for super sentai (power rangers)

I’ll look into it again, but as always no promisies. I always have a lot of stuff I want to build!

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten around to rewatching ninjago yet but I think I very faintly remember the episode this is based on

1 Like

[SWB 84] Message received

Stud.io-file: [SWB 84] Message received

22 Likes

Now you just need a tetradactyl to complete the set :}

1 Like

All your builds are AWESOME @Sokoda!
I was wondering how you got Nya’s hair? I tried downloading your model, but the custom parts didn’t want to download… Could you put it up for download?

I wondered if you could try an Upply model… I also noticed Vania’s normal hair is on Stud.io, so that could be interesting.

I love the model you did of Kai’s True Potential! It defines, in my opinion, Kai’s original character - now, not so much, but yeah.

Great job!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the TTV boards!

I got the piece from Mecabricks, but because they don’t allow the redistribution of their pieces, I took it out in the public file. SO sadly I’m not allowed to give it to you.

Yeah I have some ideas. Some of the Upply would need new molds though, so I don’t know yet if I can pull it off.

Thank you, I’m really happy you like it

Oh, I wondered if it was from Mecabricks…
I got in touch with them, actually, and apparently we aren’t allowed to use the pieces in a third party building service like Studio, though you can render it using Blender. The whole conversation is here:
Mecabricks.com | LEGO Ideas usage.
I know you probably didn’t mean to use it illegally, but that’s Scrubs’ model, and I don’t think he’d be too happy about you using it… but anyway…
I hope Studio adds Nya’s hair soon! I’ve wanted it for my LEGO Ideas 10th anniversary Ninjago model, but… yeah. ;(

Hmm that’s a bit weird. I always thought the use in non commercial projects, that don’t redistribute the files was ok.
Like he mentions in this thread:

To summarise, free public projects where the 3D files are not redistributed are allowed without asking for permission.

Also saw him answer this when someone exported to LDD (which he specifically mentions in the post you linked), who does basically the same thing with LDD I do in Stud io.
https://twitter.com/Mecabricks/status/1244742567524069376?s=20

I don’t redistribut them and I do nothing commercial here, so I always thought thats allowed by the rules it showed when exporting. Now I’m a bit confused, because the post you linked contradicts some ot the other posts.

Edit: I also found out the piece is in LDD too, I might have imported it from there too, which you should be able to as well if you still want to use id

2 Likes

I couldn’t find it on LDD, cause it doesn’t connect to the internet for me. ;( But I think that the idea is not to reuse it in a building software, not necessarily if you’re just using it to render (I think). Anyway, I hope it gets added to Stud.io itself soon. I’ve thought of making Fungus just using the old wizard hat piece, as that is functional enough, and having hair for him when he takes it off. Kind of like how they did Ronin, I guess.

I’ve asked Mecabricks for clarification. He said they can’t be imported in Studio for some reason… anyway.

Yeah I don’t really get why that wouldn’t be allowed if it’s just used to render, but if Scrubs doesn’t want that I won’t do it for future builds.
Yeah I think having hair and the hat seperately for Fungus is a cool idea!
I don’t know why LDD doesn’t connect to the internet for you. I think LDD isn’t getting any updates or other support anymore, so there might be some problems because of that.

1 Like

I’m just dropping in to say that the past few builds have been great, and that the TTV logo next to your name looks real nice. :+1:

3 Likes

@Sokoda how exactly did you manage to get into the TTV Cast? I am very curious.

1 Like