Sokoda's weekly builds

I made a joke in the live chat of the last “Nak’ and Jay” episode that “LEGO hates Alien Conquest,” and that “this community deserves a reboot of the theme.” Now you have made my half-hearted dream a reality.

My other wish was for a Pharaoh’s Quest revival… just putting that out there.

5 Likes

I love the alien impaled on the top of the flag. And the blueish color scheme is also quite unique for an apocalyptic setting.

3 Likes

Haha, didn’t read that, that’s quit the coincidence. But Pharaos quest is a good idea for a future weekly build!

6 Likes

This is pretty awesome and I’d love to see .ore like this one.

3 Likes

These builds always have so much personality and thought put into them. Not a single one feels out of place, it’s crazy! On top of that, plenty have alternate modes and extra actions or features included. And to think these come around week-to-week? Your creative mindset is truly inspiring, Sokoda.

6 Likes

Wow thank you so much for your kind words, really appreciate it! This project is a lot of fun, I get to experiment a lot and I hope that shows in the very differnt builds.

3 Likes

[SWB 79] Tython, The Wellspring

Stud.io-file: [SWB 79] Tython, The Wellspring

30 Likes

Ooo, this is really cool! Reminds me of Amon Hen/other settings of that sort from Lord of the Rings. Was it inspired by anything in particular?

1 Like

Tython is a planet from Star Wars.

It’s the birthplace of the Jed’aii in the Legends part of SW canon.

2 Likes

…I feel like a fake fan. :stuck_out_tongue: For some reason my brain just skipped over the “Tython” part of the title.

2 Likes

Meh, it’s not especially relevant outside of the Old Republic.

A game that I’ve played on and off for years now, mostly with Jedi characters. Tython is definitely my favorite starting planet, and the MOC captures a lot of the atmosphere that I love about it.

2 Likes

[SWB 80] Nui-Jaga

This weekly build was requested by @LegoDavid a while ago, who asked me to build some of the 01 Rahi

Stud.io-file: [SWB 80] Nui-Jaga

42 Likes

[SWB 81] The Maw

This weekly build was my attempt to built the character “The Maw” from LEGO Hidden Side, that never had any representation in the sets.
Link to the Hidden Side Wiki enty for a reference pic and his cool backstory

Stud.io-file: [SWB 81] The Maw

34 Likes

how much of these do you think are “kid stable” like when you drop it from a great height it would stay mostly intact?

i had a lego robot fall off a shelf and it didn’t break

1 Like

I don’t really know. The stability checks in Studio are not very reliable. I try to always think about stability, but I haven’t built most of them irl.

The one I’ve built irl [SWB 5] was pretty stabile. I dropt it once and it held up fine.
I’ve seen ProfSrlojohn build a mech based on the build of my [SWB 53] and he said that the stability was fine too.

With some others like [SWB 70] I’m not that sure, you probably shouldn’t drop that one.

Generally I try to think more about stability with the ones I make exclusively in existing colors, because those are buildable irl. But I can never be sure without building them, which I can’t do for them all.

4 Likes

cool and interesting

1 Like

[SWB 82] Chameleon Hunter Revamp

Stud.io-file: [SWB 82] Chameleon Hunter Revamp

28 Likes

[suggestion/request] make maximum mighty X minifigure scale

Now there’s some nostalgia; I always wanted this set as a kid. Looks great!

4 Likes