Sokoda's weekly builds

That’s a fun little critter.

1 Like

Happy holidays everybody!

Now that we’re getting closer to the end of the year, I wanted to write a little bit about the future of “Sokodas weekly builds”.

Initially I planned this project to go on for all of 2019, but I had so much fun and I have a lot more ideas, I want to continue in 2020!
I’m still not sure if I’ll be able to do it, 2020 looks like it’s going to be a very busy year, but I will try!

There will be a couple of changes for SWB 2020:
I’ll switch my building- and render-program from LDD (and LDD to PoV-Ray) to bricklinks Stud.io.
This allows me to render much faster, and put decals on pieces I couldn’t before.
There are some disadvantages like some pieces missing, but I hope this will improve the builds and renders as well as my process overall.
This also means I won’t link the LDD files anymore, but the Stud.io-files (.io).

I also plan to change the way I do my backgrounds a bit, I think some of them were a bit distracting and I plan to go for a bit more simple backgrounds for 2020, you’ll see what I mean when the first couple of builds are released.

As of now I think I will continue the numbering, so the first build for 2020 will be [SWB 53] and I also plan to continue in this message boards topic.
Please tell me if you think a new topic would be better and why, I’m open to making a new one if you guys would want that.

I also plan to keep uploading my builds on sundays (depending on timezones, they might be uploaded on a saturday for you)

Thank you for reading this lenghty post. I hope you will enjoy the last 2019 build next sunday and many more builds to come in 2020.

I was also thinking about doing a voting on “the best weekly builds of 2019” and let people vote here and on Twitter.
I’d love to know which ones you liked the most, so if you think that’s a fun idea, just tell me which ones you liked best and I’ll pick four I see a lot for the poll (I think that’s the maximum for Twitter polls).

12 Likes

[SWB 52] 2019

LDD-file: [SWB 52] 2019

Yes that’s the one!
The final weekly build for 2019!
When I started this I wasn’t sure if I can do it for the whole year, but it all worked out in the end and it was so much fun!
Thank you to everyone here who sticked around with this topic, your comments and feedback always gave me new ideas, motivation and made this project as exciting as it was for me!
Thank you so much!

I also made a little recap or compilation type of video for everyone who wants an easy way to look at all the 2019 weekly builds here:

If anyone is still interested in nominating models for the “Top weekly builds of 2019” poll I’d like to do, please do, just tell me which models you liked and I’ll pick four I see a lot for the poll

I’ve done some work for the first 2020 weekly builds, and I hope there will be a lot of fun models in the future, I’m really excited!

23 Likes

2020 is going to be great, good luck with the ideas project and the next year

1 Like

I do! I’d like to suggest #50, the MMEM.

I love that one, for a plethora of reasons, nostalgia playing a big part, but there are others.

Good luck in the new year, and keep up the excellent work!

1 Like

New year new weekly builds!

Let’s get 2020 started:

[SWB 53] Assault Tiger Revamp

All the pieces (except for the prints) exist in these colors!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 53] Assault Tiger Revamp

31 Likes

Aw nice. Now I kinda wanna go to bricklink and buy all theae parts.

1 Like

don’t know how stabile it would be, but the pieces do exist in these colors and I tried to think about it’s stability

Hrm… looking at the peices, with the exception of the cockpit panel, i might be able to make this as it is, albiet with a different color scheme. If i can, i’ll be sure to let you know.

1 Like

Oh yeah always happy when people do something with my builds, just make sure to let me see the results

Voila!

Gave it a bit of the ol’ Brotherhood of Nod makeover.

1 Like

[SWB 54] Raider buggy
This weekly build was requested by @ProfSrlojohn

Stud.io-file: [SWB 54] Raider buggy

21 Likes

PRAISE KANE!!! Now I need to download that Nod emblem sticker.

1 Like

I know you’re swamped with requests still, but if you have the time, I’d really like to see Cahdok and Gahdok. Of course if you’re too busy don’t bother.

1 Like

I still have quite some requests and a couple non-requested models I want to release in the next couple of weeks, but this is a great idea and I will absolutely try, can’t promise when though.

3 Likes

[SWB 55] Nyas training

This one is probably one of my favourites so far, I really like how it turned out

Stud.io-file: [SWB 55] Nyas training

33 Likes

It looks beatutiful! Though I would suggest replacing Nya with the older version- Possesion preferably.

1 Like

I initially planned to do that, but I tried this one and I think it worked really well because the colors of her suit match the rocks and the water

2 Likes

[SWB 56] Rex’ Rocket-Punch

A Rex Dangervest inspired Lego Universe rocket. All the pieces are availiable in these colors. (except for the prints)

Stud.io-file: [SWB 56] Rex’ Rocket-Punch

32 Likes

Will you still do that Xalax build? Or did you cancel the plans for it?

1 Like