Sokoda's weekly builds

@TheMOCingbird, @meepinater Thank you! Happy to hear it.

@Trande Yeah that was on purpose. I tried to amulate the comics style that way. That’s also why i edited the render in that way, so they are more visable.

3 Likes

You are amazing! Just today i entered my bricklink and found out that all the sets i wanted to buy have already been sold, included Takanuva and the ussanui…but you inspired me in trying some crazy mocing during the quarantine : )

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I love hearing stories like that and I feel honored that I could inspire you. Would love to see your MOCs, have you posted them somewhere?

No and actually i didn’t do much due to online classes, but my self-moc is almost complete and i’m quite sure i’ll do a takanuva moc ( i am having so much fun 'cause i myself am pretty slim and my shoulders are pretty low while my moc has a custom av-matoran torso like photok’s)

1 Like

[SWB 69] Sonic Phantom Revamp

All the pieces exist in these colors!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 69] Sonic Phantom Revamp

32 Likes

[SWB 70] Wandering the Never-Realm

Stud.io-file: [SWB 70] Wandering the Never-Realm

35 Likes

love the background and that it’s accurate and to scale to the show (which still can’t properly scale lego sets for some reason), but it’s looking a bit large around the sides? could be narrower

1 Like

funny you say that. i actually made it a bit wider on purpose, because I thought otherwise the legs would be to wide in proportion

1 Like

[SWB 71] Kakkran Daggerstar Swoop Racer

The back can be opened to reveal the additional engine like in the game!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 71] Kakkran Daggerstar Swoop Racer

30 Likes

For some reason I appreciate this a lot more as a MOC than I do in-game. :stuck_out_tongue:I love all of the shaping you have going on, especially around the engines there. Looks great!

2 Likes

[SWB 72] Possessed Fruit Stand

I built another Hidden side model and made a little GIF for the transformation:

Original Renders used for the GIF

Stud.io-file: [SWB 72] Possessed Fruit Stand

27 Likes

tis great as usual

2 Likes

Thank you

[SWB 73] Hapaka

I was asked on Twitter if I could do a revamp of this Bohrok Va combiner in my style

Stud.io-file: [SWB 73] Hapaka

31 Likes

That looks incredible! This just makes the original Hapaka lokk embarrasing. Could you do a miniature Oni Titan? (From Ninjago)

1 Like

Thank you! The original had a lot of limitations being a Bohrok Va combiner, so it was a lot easier for me^^.

The Oni Titan is a fantastic idea and I’ll definetely try to build that one. Might be a while before I release it, beacuse I have some models I want to release before, but that one souds like it’s right up my alley.

2 Likes

I love the use of those Chima claws for the eyes!

3 Likes

[SWB 74] Mutated Rock Monster

Stud.io-file: [SWB 74] Mutated Rock Monster

34 Likes

Awesome work!

2 Likes

These are awesome Sokoda! I’ve seen these on your social media but only just found this topic.

Especially enjoying the Exo Force and Bionicle content, as well as your original builds and LU rockets! Some of the Bionicle combiners in particular are super clever as they distill the original idea from the combiner and almost express it better. Fantastic parts usage, too.

Not sure if you’re still taking requests, but to go with the video-game related content, I’d love to see a Guardian from Journey, if you’ve ever played that (they’re never actually named in-game, I think that’s a fan name - I’m talking about the big flying stone serpent things).

3 Likes