some shower thought about matoran

what class of animal (mammal, reptile, fish, etc.) is the organic part of a matoran most related to? unless it’s not linked to any

1 Like

Thing is, due to the fact that Matoran are synthetically created and don’t have a way to reproduce on their own, it can be argued that they don’t even technically fit under the scientific definition of life and thus wouldn’t really relate to any sort of living entity.

The Glatorian on the other hand there might be an answer for. As far as I remember there are no mammalian lifeforms on Spherus Magna, so we can probably rule those out. After that though I don’t know.

5 Likes

Sand Jackals.

1 Like

Actually looking on Biosector’s list of creatures, there’s actually quite a few mammals on Spherus Magna.

1 Like

do you know of any character or rahi in bionicle that can reproduce asexually?

I’m not aware of any.

okay.

sniper jackals

Regarding Glatoran, Skrall, Agori and Bone Hunters are mammalian according to Greg. It’s somewhere among the maze of almost a thousand pages that is the LMB topic…

Side note; Rahi are unable to reproduce, just like Matoran.

Umm, yeah, I suppose you could call Protodites’ multiplication a form of reproduction.

I’d say matoran are similar to a mule or any unnatural being seeing as they can’t have children.

Or; they’re simply robots…

true.

We always thought of the Matoran as being mammals. If we built them along the lines of reptiles, the Ko-Matoran would have had real problems on Mata Nui, and they obviously aren’t fish since they don’t breathe water. I know Matoran do not match the scientific description of mammals in some ways, but we just needed some analog to work from. We didn’t need to match exactly.

2 Likes