Spider-Man: Homecoming

I agree with this.
You don’t need a love interest immediately in every Spider-Man reboot. Maybe wait a few years and then reveal one.

hi

1 Like

No offense or anything, it’s just the way I see it.

No, I’m just saying.
I’m a casual.
At least with Marvel.

no cobweb pits 0/10

1 Like

Is it weird that, despite my Avatar, I generally prefer Marvel?
Yeah, probably.
But yeah, my favorite super hero (Tim Drake, duh) isn’t from my favorite developer…
Back on topic, they seem to have a lot of villains put up for this movie…
I hope it works.

1 Like

Oh, they’re actually not for gliding. They’re actually just underarm webs that are mostly for aesthetics, I guess. I don’t know, I just like them. :smile:

The only one who uses something like that for gliding is Spider-Man 2099, but his is more of a web cape and I can see it being useful in a futuristic city where every building is thousands of feet tall and there is almost no street, just…flying cars.

1 Like

Oh neat. That sounds interesting.

1 Like

Nope.

The Iron Spider suit used the underarm webs to glide. While the MCU Spider-Man outfit is obviously not the Iron Spider, it is created by Tony Stark, and so I could see the underarms serving the same purpose.

Definitely won’t happen. This is a high school movie, and Peter Parker has the most extensive list of recognizable love interests. Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Felicia Hardy…there’s no way they’re not going to have a romance in this movie.

What I really want to see is his actual friend group. Peter and Harry and MJ and Gwen were like this closeknit pair of best friends back with John Romita’s run of Spider-Man, up until Gwen died and Harry went crazy. Introduce all of the characters from the beginning and leave them open to be built up in the future.

Also, get a good actor for Flash. I’d be up for Agent Venom to make an appearance one day.

7 Likes

Oh, I actually didn’t know that! Thanks for the insight! :smile:

1 Like

Oh, man… I would love to see the Tinkerer. Especially if he had some “items” laying around his shop that would be cameos that show other villains who might become part of the MCU… Here’s hoping to:

Hobgoblin (The new guy. You know, with the fire sword?)
Scorpion ( Maybe a few spikes tails on a rack or
something?)
Maybe some stolen Green Goblin equipment?

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I’d love to see any of those, as well as these:

Mysterio - his powers would look really cool onscreen, and his costume is one of the more interesting ones of the Spidey villains, and could be interpreted in a lot of interesting ways.

Kraven the Hunter - the character has a really fascinating background and personality, and I feel like he would be an interesting counter to Spidey’s wit and humor.

The Chameleon - not only is he the first real villain Spidey ever fought in the comics, his “powers” already exist in the MCU, via the face transplant masks in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and utilizing that tech would provide a great link between the TV and movie universes.

Black Cat - given that Felicia Hardy is often depicted as a teenager in comics, it would be interesting to have Spidey face off against someone in his age range, particularly if she winds up being a classmate. Of course, Spidey and Black Cat often work together as well, so she might work better as a temporary antagonist who turns into a hero at some point. Her identity/abilities also open up the possibility of a connection to the MCU’s version of Black Panther, as both characters share similar abilities/appearances. (EDIT: Also, she apparently appeared in ASM2 as Harry’s assistant, so it wouldn’t be her first time onscreen)

2 Likes

Oh definitely. I think out of the list you gave, I would like to see the Chamelon. He could be played either as a dark, evil mastermind or a lighter brilliant man gone wrong. Maybe something similar to the Invisible Man (with less killing).

1 Like

I personally want him to be in Defenders, where he tries to use his illusions against Matt. Since Matt is blind, he straight up punches him, knocking him out.

2 Likes

Would be a good candidate for the Netflix series’, in my opinion. He seems to fit in more with the criminal underground mastermind types than the whimsical mainstream Spidey villains, but I can see him being seriously devious is a movie role too.

Definitely the top on my list of movie Spidey villains I want to see!

New Spider-man set photos!

13 Likes

Hm, I wonder, won’t they CGI him up later on? to add textures and adjust things?

Also, seeing his face under the hood looks rather…weird

Wow, that mask does a good job of keeping his hair down.

Classic Spidey–using his iPhone in the middle of the action!

Awesome looking pics, and the suit looks better than ever (despite the zero changes made to it :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Are we sure that it’s the same suit as the one from Civil War?

If it isn’t, then I think only a few minor details have been added. Maybe that techno stuff on his legs? I can’t remember if he had that in CW. The rest looks mostly identical…

2 Likes