Spooky Coincidences

I seem to notice these a lot. I don’t know if they happen to me a lot, or if I just have a knack for noticing them. Probably a mix of both.

One of my favorites was the time I was telling my dad about a book we were learning about in school, “The Jungle”. Dad asks what it’s about. I start to answer, but suddenly whoever is talking on the radio at that moment shouts “the government is a jungle!”

We both started laughing.

One of the creepiest, still has me freaked out to this day, happened when I was playing a dice game. Being me, I was pretending that six people were playing (I was rolling for all six of them). Being a natural story-maker, I had names, personalities, and IRL dialogue for all six of these people too.

At some point I began to notice that all of the games were turning out the same. The same person always won, came in second, came in last, etc., with only minor differences. I didn’t think anything of it at first, in fact having my characters joke about whether the game was cursed, but it occurred to me during a snack break that these things were happening without my control. I controlled the character’s decisions, sure, but not the dice; yet I was having immense luck when rolling for Natalie, awful luck when rolling for Nathan, etc. How was that possible?

So I decided to break the curse, partly just because it made my story more interesting to have the characters trying to break a curse. I had my players purposefully go for the opposite results that the curse yielded, so that the person who always came in last won, the person who always won came in last, etc. Afterwards, I ran a few test games with my characters playing normally, and the “curse” was indeed broken.

Note that I am not a person who believes in “curses” or stuff like that. So you can guess how eerie this was that even I was freaked out.

This is why you should always write down your dreams. Then you know for sure if it’s deja vu or a prophecy coincidence.

~W12~

6 Likes

Once at a pep rally, which me and my friends were very disinterested in, I somehow predicted the future. We were watching this gymnastics person do all these flips and crazy contortions. I leaned over to my friend and whispered,“if she does a droideka roll, I’ll die laughing.” Then, as if she read my mind, the gymnastics girl contorted her body into a C shape and rolled across the gymnasium floor. My jaw dropped and I burst out laughing.

6 Likes

I was playing overwatch today and my team needed a tank and I chose Reinhardt because it was the zone holding game mode and I thought that massive shield would help, and I thought about how cool it would be to have one of his skins where his head is showing, and the loot box I open directly after that match and get one.

1 Like

One time a few years ago in Beijing, there was this massive storm while the pollution was at absurd levels that made it look like nighttime in the middle of the day. I’m told one student declared, it’s the apocalypse, and at that exact moment, lighting flashed.

3 Likes

I fell in a chair, and the chair flipped over somehow :frowning:

2 Likes

I got one.

This Moc, named Evelyn, was posted one week after one of my neighbours aquired a Grandchild of the same name…

4 Likes

I was at a restaurant for a birthday party with family (not mine) and the staff was slow and inconsistent, and the thought crossed my mind that they’d somehow lose a card. A few hours later I overhear my mom talking to someone who went there about trying to find their card and contacting the restaurant about it.

3 Likes

I had just finished doing some tracing for art class at school, and I was walking back to the classroom.

Since I have a tendency to talk to myself, I muttered, “Ohayo gozaimasu. Cha seki.”

Then, I ran into my Japanese teacher. (Not literally.)

Funny thing is, the words I muttered translate to “Good morning. Be seated.”

And it was in the afternoon.

8 Likes

So several days ago, I was Moccing, and I needed a black 1x2 slope. Common mold, common colour, should be a common piece, right? Well, apparently in this case common mold + common color = extremely rare piece. It took me hours to even locate one.

Flash forward to a few days later, Moccing again. As I’m doing so, I launch into a discussion about my earlier difficulty with finding a black 1x2 slope. As I’m talking, I’m digging through my tub of black parts, looking for some piece… and I find a black 1x2 slope, right there.

~W12~

10 Likes

They were hard for me to find when I was making the Batcave.
I couldn’t even find enough in the end, I had to use dark grey.

1 Like

Something like that happened to me, I was talking to my friends about how I was having problems finding a piece, before I finished my sentence I found it…

1 Like

Recently, a student in my English class has been a real so-and-so to the teacher. He’d flip him off when he left the room and purposely not do his homework. This was my favourite teacher, and he got a bad rap from a lot of kids in school, but connected with me and my friends really well. But this guy would try to get answers from me on his incomplete work because everyone knew I was the teacher’s pet. I never had a death wish on him or anything, but coincidence works in a funny way. What you are about to read is not a joke. This really happened. On a snowmobile trip, he crossed a road and was hit by a tractor trailer. He’s in critical condition at a nearby children’s hospital, and there’s no way that at his age of 14, he could cross a road legally, so his parents will have to pay a hefty fine on his part. I have no words…

3 Likes

Unfortunate, though I fail to see the correlation there. Coincidences may not be irony but they are still correlated, not random events.

1 Like

One night in November, my parents and I started talking about an infamous world leader that hadn’t come up in conversation since I was a tiny kid. The next day, he died. it was Fidel Castro.

2 Likes

Once I had a dream that some car was chasing me on a hill. This hill was actually a hill that was above my apartment building.

A year or so later I saw the hill for the first time, which meant that I had seen the hill in my dream, before I had seen the hill. It doesn’t make sense to me either.

3 Likes

Your apartment building is underground?

1 Like

No, it’s below the hill, which happens to be above sea level.

1 Like

I beg to differ. I never had a death wish, but he’s certainly the type of guy who might make school a little better without him around. Just an ignorant, cocky jerk. I wondered how much better my school environment would be without him, and now he’s gone for probably the rest of the school year.

I was listening to “Where the Streets Have No Name” on CD, on my way to the orthodontist office, and we get there at about halfway through.
Near the end of the appointment the same song starts playing on the radio, and we leave about halfway through.
I get back to the car and it starts right where the radio left off.

5 Likes

I had a dream where there was going to be an item in Star Wars Battlefront EA, called the Bacta Bomb. I told my dad about the dream. He thought it sounded neat.

I was freaked out when it was officially added to the game.

6 Likes