Star Wars: Republic Commando

This is just some topic to talk about some Halo knock-off that doesn’t have Co-Op.

7 Likes

always wanted to play it, tried to get it on amazon recently, $100 for xbox, I was like… no

2 Likes

Star Wars: Republic Commando is one of the best Star Wars games I’ve played. The soundtrack was awesome, the squadmates were likeable, and overall it made you feel like you were actually an elite Clone Trooper. It’s such a shame it never got a sequel and that it is now a Star Wars “Legend”.

6 Likes

I will murder you for this.

/s/s

Rep Commando is an awesome game, it doesn’t deserve that kind of treatment tho.

^^^^ This guy.

8 Likes

It was a joke. I actually really love the game, great OST, great level design, good AI, and the squadmates were some of the best Friendlies in an FPS campaign, you really feel like they’re your brothers, which makes Sev’s death more tragic.

4 Likes

I freaking love this game! I have read the Republic Commando novel series at least four times, but I only just bought the game last summer. It was a lot of fun, and the best Star Wars game I’ve ever played.

1 Like

I love Halo, and I love this game. I kinda have to agree with

3 Likes

“Delta squad, move out!”

BTW for those who think these guys are stuck in legends, remember, they appeared in The Clone Wars cartoon, which is accepted into the current movie canon. While the game and novels might not be official, at least Clone Commandos and Delta Squad exists in official lore

9 Likes

man I wish they did more in clone wars, something tells me they might have if it continued

1 Like

Gregor and Echo were supposed to return in Season 7, but then Rebels happened.

5 Likes

see I don’t hate rebels, but i would rather have clone wars, now if rebels was LIKE clone wars, with big epic space battles, legions of storm troopers and rebels shooting and killing each other than I would consider it a worthy successor, but I currently do not

5 Likes

OMEGA NO! DARMAN COME BACK! KAL-BUIR!

As a side note, did anybody take the time to actually learn Mando’ad? No?

Taung sa rang broka Mando’ade ka’rta.
Dha Werda Verda a’den tratu,
Manda’yaim kandosii adu.
Duum motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.

Kom’rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn.
Dha Werda Verda a’den tratu,
Manda’yaim kandosii adu.
Duum motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.

What? I like languages okay?!

8 Likes

What COD tries to do in its campaigns.
Look at Ghosts.

3 Likes

I set out to learn it.

But didn’t.

1 Like

You shall never learn Mando’ad. It has too many apostrophes.

2 Likes

May not be a Star Wars fan or know anything about this game.

But I do love me some FPS games.

Well I’ve downloaded it. I didn’t played it that much, but when the Voda’an starts playing… Oh man, goosebumps
I’ll probably play it out

3 Likes

God this game’s soundtrack is just… Wow is it great.

This, and Rage of the Shadow Warriors

The best of the soundtrack.

Am I the only one who wants to see a real Dha Werda Verda performed by Mando’a?

11 Likes

If someone looks for a dictionary: www.mandoa.org
Also, anyone read the republic commando books?

3 Likes

YES. At least three or four times.

I freaking love those books.

3 Likes