Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I think it was pretty likely the main male character would have a light sabre :stuck_out_tongue:

And you say to me about spoilers :stuck_out_tongue: /s

2 Likes

One can easily tell it’s Luke Lightsaber from the poster. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Its like Terminator - its going to spoil the entire movie now :stuck_out_tongue:

Though i do like his Jedi outfit… even though something seems odd with Han Solo’s face… :s

2 Likes

What’s really bothering me is the bottom of the poster, with the red pill-shaped things. They look like the steps in the Carbonite Chamber from ESB.

What are those for?

2 Likes

Well, I’m guessing that with a new Sith lord - we’ll have a new emperor. So perhaps its one who was imprisoned in Carbonite?

Just speculating ><

1 Like

That sounds too much like the resurrected Palpetine EU storylines for my taste.

3 Likes

Not familiar with any of the expanded lore, only the films, so cant really comment ><

2 Likes

I never really like those storylines. It felt unoriginal to resurrect Palpatine in those books.

TLDR; Palpetine got resurrected/cloned and the Empire came back with so many Death Star-esque (many of which were more powerful then the DS) superweapons that it basically made the ending of ROTJ kinda… anticlimactic.

1 Like

I fear they’ll probably make the ending of ROTJ anticlimactic anyway, as they’ll have to find a way to top the Death Star in the new film series.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll do another death star. Think about it: JJ Abrams knows that people will expect another Death Star to happen. Do you really think he’s gonna do that?

1 Like

This is the reason why I’m glad they got rid of the EU. When I first read about that, I just couldn’t believe how lazy and boring it sounded. And they ruined half the ending of ROTJ.

Watch, Kylo Ren is going to end up being resurrected Palpatine. That’s when I’m done with the franchise. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I mentioned that they’d have to ‘find a way to top the Death Star’ - e.g. to do better than the Death Star.

I suppose they could probably do the same or just have multiple Death Star’s as that seems to be a thing according to Legomaster. It might explain the rumours of a new lego Death Star for 2016 - though that could just be a better version of the previous films Death Star.

Personally i could see them doing a Death Star again, though they’d probably tease it in this film and then have it introduced in the sequel.

1 Like

I hope they don’t do that. Rogue One will have enough Death Star-related situations, so there’s no reason to throw a third one in TFA.

4 Likes

Nah, they only had one more “Death Star”. What I’m referring to is things like a starfighter that can literally blow up solar systems and smash straight through Star Destroyer bridges.

3 Likes

that thing, I must say, is stupidly OP

1 Like

At a point, when these super-weapons of mass destruction became so…common…it started to become really boring. The Death Star was cool because it was a one-of-a-kind, crazy-powerful weapon–and then a bunch of other, more powerful weapons showed up in the story, and it just ruined something that was so cool.

Take this for instance, from the article you linked: [quote] Unlike the Death Star, which destroyed individual planets, the Sun Crusher could destroy an entire star system by causing its target star to turn into a supernova. The key to its near invincibility was layered Quantum-crystalline armor, a material so strong that it could perfectly repel even turbolaser shots.[/quote]

…This is the reason why I’m glad most of the EU was de-canonized.

6 Likes

The worst part was that all of these hugely powerful weapons appeared in one or two novels and arcs and were almost never referenced again. That’s what everything seems pretty inconsequential to me.

2 Likes

Here’s a non-spoiler summary of the whole movie. I got a chance to watch it at a secret screening;

Good guys fight bad guys. Bad guy dies.

1 Like

Yup. Totally non-spoilerish. :wink:

3 Likes