Star Wars: The Last Jedi

There is still the possibility that Kylo actually lied to Rey, therefore they could still be something better than nobodies. Who knows? J.J Abrams my have not shown us everything he was planning yet.

1 Like

There is that I hope so. Though as far as i recall J.J. didn’t write or direct TLJ but he will do the next one.

1 Like

If Kylo was lying why did she say it?

I agree

2 Likes

He could have been manipulating her fears of being no one important in order to lead her to that conclusion. People do it all the time. It’s basically another form of gaslighting.

Not that I want him to be lying–even though my opinions towards TLJ have also been souring of late, I still think Rey being no one of importance is the better choice for her character.

4 Likes

If everything is unpopular, is anything truly unpopular?

Actually this has been confirmed that they were in fact no one of significance and so most likely moving forward this will not change. Even if it were to, it kinda renders Kylo mentioning it redundant. My main issue with that would be, that’s a further subversion and given how TLJ went, I’d like sequels to be less like that. I can’t find my source for this rn but this has been stated.

1 Like

Who knows, maybe Rey’s origin will get its own movie, and then her parents will no longer be nobodies to the audience. This is Disney we’re talking about.

If you say so. I’ve not seen an of his other movies. But he’s definitely a better director than the other guy.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think Rian Johnson is really a bad director. He made plenty of good movies outside of Star Wars. It’s just that his decisions weren’t exactly well thought out.

Yeah… they had 3 good scenes to kill off Liea, and they missed every single one.

You know who they should get? Quintin Tarantino. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who is that guy? I have Never heard of him.

Director. I couldn’t name anything by him, but he’s known for odd pacing, such as putting the end at the beginning, then going back, and jumping around the timeline of the movie.

1 Like

I would argue the Last Jedi had a lot of really well thought out elements that critique the previously established in-universe norms and call out elements of the fandom at the same time. What decisions were you thinking of?

4 Likes

All the decisions that made the fans hate the movie.

Such as… ?

(keep in mind that a tiny but very vocal minority of the fandom having an adverse initial reaction to something does not mean that it was “not well thought-out”)

1 Like

I am pretty sure that the ones that liked TLJ are the minority.

3 Likes

Lets not forget Rian Johnson acting like an offended child on twitter only making it worse. I don’t think the movie would be near as hated if that idiot would just admit he made a bad movie. Anyone remember 2016 ghostbusters?; insulting your fan base never ends well.

3 Likes

Yeah…

perhaps he didn’t make a bad movie, and it’s reasonable to get defensive when people keep insulting your hard work.

5 Likes

Except he deals with it like toddler. Entertainment is subjective sure and trolls exist but you don’t insult people for hating whatever especially when you’re a representative of your employer. Brie Larson, rian johnson, etc; all these personal politics and fan bashing reflects badly on Disney and just makes the fans hate these people even more.

1 Like