Star Wars Topic

I actually didn’t read that either, was it any good?

2 Likes

Epic liveblog from SDCC during the Force Awakens panel here.

2 Likes

I really liked the film reel they released at SDCC. It was awesome!

It really brought back the feels, ya know?

6 Likes

Here’s a question:
Who thinks the Jedi from Episodes I, II, and III ruin the entire concept of the original Jedi Knight?

Think about it. Yoda in episode V mentions how it is the force that makes a Jedi, not their Lightsabers. Well we see Literally Every Single Jedi Wielding One. You even give the Jedi who thinks they are unnecessary his very own “Laser Sword”.

Now when it comes to training, I become even more inflamed in anger. Obi-Wan mentions how Yoda trained him, making the audience feel like the two had some sort of bond before the events of the original trilogy, but who do we see as Obi-Wan’s master in Episode I, not Yoda. No, it’s the lackluster, dull Jedi Himself, Qui Gon Jinn. The only way how Yoda could even mentor Obi-Wan would be as a child, which is pretty dumb as it is. You are not training with anything! You are swinging a dangerous weapon around, like an insane Sand-person, trying to hit a Shooting Target.

You also need to remember this; the orb Luke used to train on the Millennium Falcon, it was a random piece of junk Han had in his ship. They were not meant for the use of a Jedi. It’s almost like Lucas was like, “I vaguely remember Skywalker training with a flying orb with one of his Laser Swords. I’m gonna put that into my new Movie.”

Well, that’s just a bit of my opinion on the prequel Jedi. What are your’s?

2 Likes

Of course. The fact that Yoda uses a lightsaber in the prequels literally kills his character. He’s made up to be some sort of Force god in the original trilogy, and the just darts around with his lightsaber instead of using it in the prequels.

Something else to be noted, I think, is that from the prequels and the Clone Wars, the Jedi aren’t even necessarily the good guys in their power struggles. It’s touched on a lot by authors like Karen Traviss, but the way the Republic used the clones was pretty terrible. I have no idea what Lucas was thinking.

3 Likes

And that is indeed true. But Yoda happens to wield a green-colored lightsaber, meaning that he only uses it for self defense. But you’re right. It would be better for Yoda to not wield it.

Not so. Actually, during his off time in the expanded universe, Yoda did happen to train Obi-Wan. I don’t know if this is the case still with the new canon, but still. He did actually make bonds with Yoda.

That’s what I think makes the jedi 3-dimensional and brings up the problem for jedi: should they really be fighting in the war? Altogether the war brought the downfall to the jedi. Shoot, Yoda failed to defeat Darth Sidious with a lightsaber, and overall the Force is the one that helped him survive.

And I think Yoda carries this onto Luke’s training. Afterall, Luke is the last of the jedi, so it would make sense for Yoda to explain to Luke that the force is the key, not his own strength or his weapons. And ultimately, Luke failed to defeat Vader in ESB by using his own strength.

3 Likes

Sadly, due to the death of the Legends Universe, we do not have that concept anymore. Also, I was not aware of it, so thank you for putting that into my eyes. :smile:

I understand that the color of the blade was important, but I don’t think it was smart to give it to him anyways, similar to what you stated.

1 Like

It also matches his skin color. :smiley:

There’s actually a list of what different lightsaber colors mean. Here it is:

4 Likes

Is that an official chart? There’s one part I’m not so sure about…

1 Like

Not really. I got it from Vox, and they gathered the info from Wookiepedia. Which one do you think is inaccurate?

1 Like

The darksaber. I don’t even think that the darksaber is similar to a lightsaber in terms of how it functions and is built. The blade it projects is nothing like the lightsaber’s rapier shape either. And I was under the impression that the darksaber was used by those neutral to Jedi and Sith entirely, but I’m not sure about the accuracy of that.

1 Like

Seems pretty accurate. :smile:

I do think that Blue is basically the Green Lantern Ring of Star Wars, where it is given to anybody who doesn’t fit the requirements for the other saber colors.

1 Like

Well, the chart used the same lightsaber template for all of them, so it makes sense for it to be not built correctly.

I remember for the (canon) Clone Wars series, a Mandalorian named Pre Vizsla had a Dark Saber. But it got stolen from him by Darth Maul.

2 Likes

Yeah, and he got it from Tor Vizsla, and it was stolen from the Jedi Temple in a raid before that. The thing is, I’m just unsure why the Jedi would have a blade which’s color meant “self-obsession”, especially since I don’t believe they kept those kind of relics or items that had to be kept secret in the Temple.

2 Likes

Well, they had a sith holocron in the Jedi Temple, did they not?

3 Likes

… That is a valid point indeed =P

I still don’t think that the ideology of the darksaber is egotism, though, because that’s a little stupid— even for Lucas (then again, it wasn’t him who made it, it was the Clone Wars team).

3 Likes

Well this is more helpful.

7 Likes

Very nice.

I didn’t know there was still that much canon.

I can only imagine how many things there were back in the old canon before Disney!

2 Likes

Again, here’s some Lego Star Wars stuff.

5 Likes
5 Likes