Tahu Mata's eye color?

Is it pink, or dark pink? I need to know soon, as I am trying to order parts.

1 Like

official lego name for the color is transparent fluorescent red, bricklink name is trans dark pink.

1 Like

Thank you soooooo much!!!

1 Like

Pink according to the set

Pink in 2001.

But in 2010 when the Ignika changed Tahu Mistika “back” to Tahu Mata (aka, Tahu Stars), his eyes were suddenly green.

???

2 Likes

Trans pink was discontinued, and by 2008 (actually, they did it as early as 2005) they had dropped all Metru eyestalk colours except trans neon green and trans neon orange. The Toa Mahri had mixed eye colours, but in 2008 they decided that all good guys had to have green eyes, so there you go.
Icarax is a special case because he needed Kongu Mahri’s half-brain for the Kraahkan and they didn’t bother to recolour that piece.

3 Likes

I honestly had no idea. Thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome. I hated 2008 because two colours is seriously limiting, but I understand they had to drop Onua’s/Whenua’s green eyes and Toa Onewa’s blue eyes since they didn’t glow at all. Still, I wish there was a way for colours like pink, purple, yellow and tr bright green to exist. I liked Tahu G2’s blue eyes but I’m not yet quite used to Onua’s neon green eyes.

2 Likes

For G2, they should’ve made an apple green eyestock.

2 Likes

I would’ve really liked that one. It’s the perfect replacement for Onua’s trans green. Onua Mata was originally meant to have GITD eyes, and apple green/trans bright green looks a lot like GITD glow.
That said (and I’ve been saying this for a while) if trans dark blue (Onewa’s eyes) and trans red (Matau’s eyes) are too dark to be used as colours Lego should really make an apple green equivalent for them. Trans neon orange is usually used for “red eyes” but it often feels too fiery, lacking the cold, creepy ferocity real crimson eyes have.

Ideally, I think a group of 6 Toa should have at least 3 eye colours. I think 6 different eye colours kind of undermines their unity, though.

2 Likes

It couldn’t be that hard to recolor for LEGO. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: