Tahu Mistika Revamp

I’m starting to realize that I just love building Toa as armed to the teeth supersoldiers…

57 Likes

Really darn solid. 9/10

1 Like

Thanks!

A shame you got rid of the cool jets on the original model, but oh well, a great remake dude!

2 Likes

I like this! The torso looks really great from the front, as does the rest of the figure. I especially like the shaping of the shoulders. On the back, I would recommend filling in the empty spaces in the piraka leg parts with something to reduce the gaps. Also, another minor thing, if you have a different color of pin to attach the saw blade (light gray, tan, or black are available for that piece, I think), it might look a bit better.

Really, I’m most impressed with the way you have used newer pieces from CCBS sets and still managed to make a figure that is clearly representative of the original Tahu Mistika (and is a vast improvement too.) Great work.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback and advice! I will definitely take your suggestions into account as soon as I find the parts to do so (I know I have them somewhere, but my parts bins are a hot mess and I just gave up looking before I posted it). I really love this build for toa because it offers a lot of ways to decide between old and new parts, which is why I’ve used it so much.

I feel like @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika would like this thing a lot.

2 Likes

Huh, I wonder why.
Edit: [quote=“yolo360nosescope, post:4, topic:49832, full:true”]
A shame you got rid of the cool jets on the original model, but oh well, a great remake dude!
[/quote] Sorry, forgot to reply to this earlier. I tried to figure out a way to fit the jets on, as well as the little red wings, but I could only fit them on his waist. I couldn’t figure out how to get the other two on his shoulders, which made him look kind of bottom heavy. As a result, i scrapped them and used the pieces in the gun and feet.

2 Likes

I do like it but I miss the jets

3 Likes

Looks great, but I feel there is too much black that is out of place for Tahu Mistika

I love the carp out of this. The rifle arm is fantastic. And that custom chest armor package came out great too.

2 Likes

This looks incredible, really dynamic look to him. Have a cookie! :cookie:

1 Like

This actually makes me appreciate Tahu Mistika way more, he’s like secret agent Tahu or something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not a fan of the back, but that front is :weary::ok_hand::sweat_drops:. Great job!

1 Like

Wait, is that a custom torso? And how did you attach those system pieces?

1 Like

Yeah, it is. Its a complicated connection to describe; i’ll get a picture later when I’m home

1 Like

I enjoy that the original color scheme is very much intact. But I do have to say, I miss Tahus original weapon.

1 Like