Takanuva Surviving Takutanuva Getting Crushed?

How did Takanuva survive unscathed when Makuta’s armor was smashed by Takutanuva getting crushed by the Mangai door?

2 Likes

Well, it’s reasonable to assume they split apart as they were being crushed, and if Makuta’s “body” took the brunt of the impact, Takanuva could have emerged as he did. Plus we couldn’t end the movie with Takanuva being crippled.

12 Likes

That scene makes sense now, thanks!

But they seemed to revive him with the Avohkii somehow. He never really came out from under the door.

1 Like

That’s true, hmm.

2 Likes

Iirc, non-canon. Book depicts it differently.

1 Like

The movies are more canon than the books. The books are based on early scripts rather than the finished product.

2 Likes

Well, the mask had originally acted like a Toa stone and turned Takua into a Toa. It may have also had the power to revive its wearer, similar to the Mask of Life.

We may never know.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that. I should read it.

Ok ye, you’re right. I was wrong.

The book depiction makes a lot moree sense though as opposed to the revival scene…

1 Like

Some people have theorised that the place where Takanuva is revived is a machine for reviving Matoran, and that it is why you can see the form of Takua a moment before Takanuva appears. Think of it like this: they put the mask on the Matoran revival machine. The mask’s imprint of Takanuva makes it possible to revive him. Takua appears. Takua is immediately transformed back to Takanuva due to the presence of the Avohkii.

However, as I understand it, Matoran transforming into Toa is a pretty dramatic and nearly irreversible process, changing the actual mechanical and biological components of the character physically. So maybe this theory does not make sense.

1 Like