Takanuva, the celebration of light. (holiday pitch)

Long ago, in the time of the first Toa an evil force tried to cover the entire island of Artakha in complete darkness by using the power of the (Insert random relic here). The Toa tried to stop it, to fight it, but they found that their elemental powers were ineffective near the presence of this dark energy. They went to the elemental gods and learned of a mask maker who would create a mask that would help them defeat the evil and it’s darkness. When they found this mask maker they told him/her of what they had heard, and so the mask maker began working on the mask. When he had finished creating the mask he/she tested it by replacing their mask with this “mask of light” and suddenly transformed into a different being entirely. The being called itself Takanuva and explained to the toa how little time they had to stop the threat. So the toa left with Takanuva and defeated the force of evil once and for all by using the mask of light to amplify the powers of the toa, after the battle Takanuva took off the mask of light and hid it to be used one day when it shall be needed again. The Toa didn’t notice the removal of the mask but did notice the disappearance of Takanuva, so they started a search around the island.

And so in honor of this hero of light who helped the toa of old we celebrate this holiday named after him/her. Takanuva, the festival of light.

Celebration includes, a scavenger hunt to find a small golden mask (those who find the mask get a reward), a Kolhii game, as well as several decorations which differ from region.

(personally I think I need to develop this a bit more before really calling it a “pitch” but for now this is all I have)

8 Likes

Beautiful!

This made me smile.
Yes it requires a little more development, but it was nice. Unfortunately it is not Christmas related in any obvious way. Anyway, I would love to know what do people do in the Festival of Light.

Every holiday has a tradition. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

I like the idea of the mask of light here, but I feel that it’s a bit too overpowered. If your going to have it, your going to need to give it a debuff.

What if, when Takanuva hid the mask, the Toa searched for Takanuva by climbing trees. The Toa searched day and night until they were certain that he had vanished, to honour their hero and friend they began the first festival of light. In the years following the first festival long since the passing of the first Toa, the matoran hung masks from the tops of trees to still keep watch for Takanuva. And these masks are carved in the shape of the first Toa, those who protected them in the times of darkness.

Obviously some regions do not celebrate their pasts and Toa as much as others so how wide-spread the festivals would be different per region. I see Kanaens celebrating it the most and perhaps Mangaians celebrating it the least.

1 Like

It probably wouldn’t be called Festival of Light, since Festival of Lights is what Hanukkah is called. LEGO wouldn’t get so close to a religious holiday unless the set was meant to be about that. Maybe adjust it to Festival of Light’s Awakening or something like that.

But, um… wouldn’t the real reason Mangai wouldn’t celebrate it is because they don’t have trees? At least I think that’s what was said

… oh yeah

I was assuming they still had some form of ash forest or something of a similar nature, but that doesn’t mean travelers could bring a tree with them, sort of like a travelling circus but also bringing in outsider matoran. A bit flimsy I know but if you can think of something better, go for it.

@UltimateMustacheX Perhaps the Light Solstice festival, due to the date of the festival being on the longest day of the year on Artakha?

That works. Heck, I don’t think you necessarily have to have “light” in the name to still be about the mask and Takanuva, so just Solstice Festival works too.

1 Like

Avohkii Festival!!!

1 Like