The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

The yellow is fine. I just happened to strike it lucky by having two and a half Jayko sets. Thank you for the kind words.

So I have a quick question. Would I be able to add some mocs to this pool, or is all of this one big project by one person? Cause I’ve got some makuta characters I’ve built but haven’t quite shown off here yet.

The project is already over and all 100 Makuta are now complete. This is just the separate topic for Gilahu’s revamps of the original Mocs.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. This here is my personal WIP topic for - as Mr.Monopoly already said - my revamps of the project entries. Your MOCs are thus better off as as topics of their own.

3 Likes

So, since I finally had some time over christmas again - update on the revamp of @darkbrick999’s Makuta Wanitama.

The gray gear needs to be replaced with a yellow one, and I need to get some more red Bohrok eyes. Might also see about tinkering a bit with the arms and upper torso, still, but otherwise this is more or less finished, I’d say.

Finally a MOC I could use some Mata red parts on.

18 Likes

ooh, that’s a neat claw design for the left hand.

Not sure about those axle connectors sticking out of his upper arms, though. The open axle holes look odd.

2 Likes

So, now that Wanitama has been finsihed, I delved right into buidling the next Makuta - Vozatth (old name: Boldorah) who was originally built by @ToaPanda .

So, for easy comparison, here’s the original by ToaPanda and my drawing, aspects of which (such as the staff and cloak) I’ll also keep:

Makuta Vozatth

And here’s what I have so far:
(Note that only legs and staff are approaching anything like completion, the rest is just a frame for proportion reference and to depict ideas)

Instead of the purple (if that even is purple or just bad lighting) on the original, I’ll be using blue as the accent colour, though as I want to keep it minimal, I’m probably mostly only gonna add accents to the legs once I’m approaching finishing the MOC.

But otherwise, feel free to let me know your thoughts about this so far.

11 Likes

Ah yes, my favourite character: Makuta Von Nebula. xD

I think that’s just blue.

5 Likes

I took a look at Von Nebula again, and… yeah… The mask kinda clinches it, doesn’t it? Maybe the cape/cloak eventually helps.

Meanwhile, arms:

Not sure if I’ll keep the shoulders this broad. If I don’t this means I’ll have to find something else as chest armor, though.

5 Likes

I think it was more the combination of mask and the black/blue Tridax pod.

1 Like

Next update: Kinda finished V1. Needs a few colour replacements (chestplate + a bit of blue instead of black) and the cloak.

What I’m not 100% sure about is whether the lower torso should have more substance. The original has a very thin lower torso and the cloak will mostly fix the lack of visual bulk, but otherwise? Any opinions?
Contrary to what I usually do, I also started with the upper torso design, because I had ideas for that. So that actually made it not easy to securely connect the lower torso. This here is attempt number 3. It’s absolutely stable, but, well, thin.

12 Likes

wait that’s just von nebula /s

very nice

3 Likes

The thin waist looks a little weird from the back, but I think it works quite well from the front. I think it’s because the shape and that armour piece makes it look like a Mata Torso.

1 Like

It not looking too good from the back is fortunately something I can tolerate here, as it’s gonna be covered by the cloak.

2 Likes

Gave the lower torso another try:

I think that’s way better from the front, right? The back is… eh, but since it will be covered by the cloak…

Another question, though I’m not 100% sure if I’d do it or not - should the cloak have a hood or not? Also shall I go for a tattered cloak like in the drawing above or not? The tattered look would work, I think, but I’m not sure if I can pull it off properly.

Edit:
And looking on Bricklink for a chestpiece in black I just saw that Pahrak shields in black are… not very common. Might take a bit until I get my hands on another one.

8 Likes

Ok, still working on that cape, but otherwise mostly done, I think. As announced, some very discreet usage of blue. What do you think?

7 Likes

The blue looks good, I think it would look a little better if the brainstalk were the same color.

2 Likes

Looks great so far. But i think its missing someting in the lower arms. It just looks off next to the gapless design of the rest of the body.

1 Like

I can imagine that. However, I’m going to give all Makuta orange eyes, because that kinda feels right to me.

I have the option of using the more armored variant of that lower arm design which you can see here, for example:

I think it’s too bulky, though. I personally like the arms being somewhat slim on Vozatth.

5 Likes

Make sense.

Another thought I had was to make the cape blue?

2 Likes