The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

@Sammythekat
Ok, update:

New head: Do you prefer white or black minifig hands?

Come to think of it I wonder if white hands+white robot arm might work well, too… have to try that out…

Staff: I wanted something that “emmits light”. Couldn’t think of a way to build a lantern, so I thought I’d probably have to put something on a stick. Then I remembered this MOC. The staff will be completely black eventually. Do you prefer red light or blue light? Blue looks better in my opinion.

And some pictures of the torso. Upper torso obviously isn’t finished yet:

If getting the parts isn’t a problem and designing a cape not too difficult, I think I might be able to finish Sachel somewhen in late February/early March.

4 Likes

I prefer the black minifig hands. as for the spear/lantern, i’d agree that blue would work best.

as for the rest of the MOC, maybe bulking out the shoulder stems/adding a hint of white to the shoulders is all the guy really needs.

1 Like

The cape will be either black or light grey on the the outside, so there’s that. Nonetheless I’ll try to get some white in there, too. I’ll definitely try to make the shoulders appear thicker. …that’s always the most difficult part on a torso…
To give you an idea of cape colours (I only have that one piece of cloth to make capes/cloaks from):

Given all the black on Sachel I will probably go for grey.

EDIT:

Just finished V1 of Sachel. Probably I’ll change little things here an there until I post him, but basically he’s just lacking a few parts and his cape now. Meaning don’t expect any more updates until I post the finished MOC :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, light grey would work the best.

or plaid, if you’re wanting to not take this guy as seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

@Willess12

Ok, here’s a first version of Isthra’s trident. I think I might actually start building Xoth and Isthra next year… First I have to finish Ornek and Sachel, though, and then I plan to build Furtaan.

Oh, and of course this WIP of a Vortixx MOC will also come somewhen in between, I guess. Not to mention that in theory I have the beginnings of 4 more MOCs lying around… although it’s been a while since I’ve worked on any of them.

3 Likes

Not bad. Only thing I would say is, I’d like to see some colour on it – doesn’t have to be the same colors as Isthra, just something besides black and silver.

Also, now I can’t help wondering just how tall you’re planning on having Isthra be, if that trident is any indication…

~W12~

1 Like

I’ll see what can be done. The shaft isn’t finished yet anyway - it will get at least some hoses covering the bare axles.

More or less as tall as my other Makuta MOCs - meaning about a head taller than an Inika build if I remember correctly. Currently that trident would come close to the MOC’s height. Do you think that’s too tall?
Basically I want the MOC to be able to hold the trident comfortably which in my opinion is only possible if its shaft touches the ground and it is tall enough that the MOC can grip it below the upper part.

1 Like

Nope. As long as you can pull it off well, and based on your other mocs, I’m sure you can.

~W12~

2 Likes

@Willess12

A bit of work on the trident. Green studs were all the colour I could get in…
Basically consider it finished now.

@Sammythekat

Kinda good news, I guess: Managed to get all the important missing parts for Sachel, only I ran out of black fingers. Otherwise he’s only still lacking his cloak thing.

And for anyone who cares - Ornek basically only needs a better head now before I post him.

Another update:

@Chronicler

Next up I’m going to build Furtaan, here’s my current basic plan for him:

It will be hard getting more Metru blue into his colour scheme, though, so I might replace some of the parts in silver here with Metru blue ones. Otherwise any specific things you’d like to mention before I start building?

4 Likes

Joints are really thin. Is there any way to just make them normal? Otherwise the colorscheme is fine.

They’re just bare axles :wink:

This is just a skeleton with armor slapped on I did in like 10 minutes to get proportions and basic look across.

Serious work will start soon, probably with the legs (as it somehow always does for me).

staff looks all right. I like how the studs look, actually; like power symbols or something. Definitely better than my original version.

~W12~

I can imagine a swimming pool full of Makuta. Beautiful.

I’d just like to point out again that I’d appreciate every opinion, not just the one of the original creator I always mention - of course the original creator’s opinion counts most, though.

That said:

@Chronicler

Furtaan update:

• legs (not too happy with the upper legs - might redo them at some point - obvious miscolourations are hopefully obvious (white and orange)
  • torso
  • an idea for the wings (usage of Vahki heads), definitely not finished yet, will use blue and grey wing pieces eventually

I think trans dark blue might actually work as a substitute for the lack of small metru blue parts.

EDIT:

Just started building the arms and came up with a lower arm design I think might work - pretty bulky, though. What do you think about giving Furtaan a much bulkier appearance than the original? Might also help me improve the upper legs, since stuff I add on the sides wouldn’t stand out as much anymore.

5 Likes

I’m impressed by the wings, actually. I’d say maybe make the arms and legs slightly more bulky, but not too much. Might need to fix the orange on the back of the leg too.

I’m impressed by the dedication you have to this project as well, BTW. :smiley:

1 Like

What’s up with the hands on this one? Can’t tell what they’re supposed to be.

Placeholders :wink:

Will be replaced with black parts once I get some.[quote=“Chronicler, post:95, topic:31194”]
I’m impressed by the dedication you have to this project as well,
[/quote]

Thanks! I’m trying my best to actually get this done

Well, another update - probably the last one before I finish Furtaan:

Just slapped on some armor to the sides of the upper legs to see how it looks, probably gonna redo them still, though. Also not sure about the upper arms. Wings, torso, lower legs and lower arms are kinda finished, though, I guess.

Could take a while until I get the parts to finish him, though - wing pieces might prove difficult to obtain.

5 Likes

I really like the claws-on-claws (claw gauntlets?). Might have to replicate that myself, to see how it looks from different angles.

~W12~

1 Like

Ooh, that looks a ton better now. Solid work, man!

1 Like

Basically they look pretty nice from all angles, but I find it hard to get a good looking pose out of them with the wristclaws “in use” - the piece is just slightly too short/the hand too long.

Fun fact: the fingers can actually fit through the gaps between the claws in a pose like this, thus still allowing the hand to open properly.