The best deal you ever got on a Bionicle (or just general Lego) set

One time I got a brand new, sealed Nexo Knights Beast Master’s Chaos Chariot for $5 at Walmart on clearance.

1 Like

well um

a lot

• Karzahni, Tuma and most of the wave 1 Glatorian for £8

• Maxilos & Spinax for £2

• Vezon & Kardas, Vezon & Fenrakk, Axonn, a near complete Brutaka, Sidorak, Keetongu, Roodaka, Ehlek, Takadox, Carapar, Mantax, Toa Ignika, Nocturn, a full set of Rahkshi and Lewa Phantoka for £11

• Lesovikk for £1

• Full set of Toa Mata with canisters and instructions, a full set of Turaga, Nui-Rama, Axonn, a 500 piece tub and 8 mask packs, including a yellow Kaukau for £20

• Ultimate Dume with box, instructions and special mask for £20

3 Likes

My entire Bionicle collection! It was free, except for Jaller and Nuparu.

3 Likes

Every amazing deal I’ve ever got on Legos, was a dream. There is one exception however.

Many years ago, me and my siblings were in a Lego store putting together cool minifigures at whatever that station is called. For some reason, I was under the impression they were free as long as no one saw you taking them out. I don’t know which one of my siblings came up with this lie, but each of us “purchased” a few rare pieces. Doesn’t get any better than free.

3 Likes

I wish we had these here

3 Likes

Wait so how many sets were there?

Everything from 2001 to 2005 except for a few of the Titan characters. None of the Titans from 2005, and no Tahus, but practically everything else.

2 Likes

That’s pretty good.

Sometime in the early 2010s, a friend wanted to clear out his bionicle collection, so he offered me a 20-30 gallon tub of bionicle sets for $10. I don’t remember a full list of what was in it, but it was at LEAST the Rockah, a ton of barraki, and Tahu Nuva. I felt bad because I was clearly ripping him off here, so I convinced him to let me pay $20.

There was also the time I was walking down the street in [big city I live in], and a nice old lady running a garage sale shouted across the street, asking if I wanted a free thing she was holding. It turned out to be a skrall stars, minus the sword.

2 Likes

Boeing Dreamliner plus two pre minifigure sets for 100 nzd (So like 70 usd)

2 Likes

Workingish manas with box (no instructions) for 40$ nzd

2 Likes

What’s that mean?

1 Like

It means they are working

ish

also I’m barring all the completely free lego deals from this list so I can highlight the time in 2013 I walked into a large department store and got three complete Rahkshi for $3

they had apparently been returned and the store flipped them for super cheap

3 Likes

it means me and @Axelford had it put some vinegar? into the corroded battery holders till they worked

7 Likes

…how well did that work?

For context folks, vinegar as an acid is a perfect antidote for the corrosion that Alkaline batteries produce over time.

And don’t worry we didn’t pour it on, we used cotton buds to wipe the blue rust off. They both worked great after that, although one was noticeably slower (Eilrach’s one, the white and orange one :joy:) but that’s due to the motors themselves already being worn down. Late last year though they started to not responding to remote signals and became increasingly erratic so now they just sit on the shelf.

A real shame as they were super popular when our cousins or younger kids would come over.

Thinking about it, the only side effect of the vinegar was the smell.

7 Likes

I recently bought a Suukorak for 27 cents. It’s missing the usual “Three R’s” (Rhotuka, Ripcord, Rubber Band), but on the upside it’s still remarkably white.

5 Likes