The best deal you ever got on a Bionicle (or just general Lego) set

My friend gave me his entire collection for free, it came with lava and amazon (throwbots), boxor, lewa mata and lewa nuva, vhisola, 3 vahki, 3 bohrok 2 rahkshi, kopaka nuva, tahu nuva, as well as a blue miru.

2 Likes

BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESSURECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM!
I once got a kylo ren shuttle (the first version) for 30 dollars at walmart. It must’ve been a pricing error. Hooray for people making mistakes! I also got bastion for 30 dollars at target recently.

Where I live In Chile, we didn’t get the 2016 sets, but when I was living in Europe, I went to a remote town in Ireland and in an old toy shop I found 2016 kopaka for 8 Euros (retail price €30) so that was kinda impressive.

2 Likes

My class had won a contest, so we got a discount on all books at the book fair. So, I got one of the g2 bionicle books (it also included Ekimu’s protector mask) for 5 dollars, iirc

Also there was a Nexo Knights promotion thing at a store, and my brother and I both got a little diorama for free.

2 Likes

I got a sealed Toa mata lewa for $1.98

2 Likes

Payed five bucks for 99% of a Gahlok kal among other pieces at a yard sale. Had good joints too.

1 Like

Technically I did get a Lehvak for $3 at Goodwill because I had a $5 off coupon (He was $8). Not a bad deal for him only missing the krana.

I also got a Jetrax for about $40 in 2016. Which was funny because it was ten dollars below retail.

2 Likes

so thats where you got it…

1 Like

that’s ominous.

I saw your youtube video. I opened youtube to find a TTV podcast, and saw that on the homepage. “hey, I know that guy from the boards!” is pretty much how it went down.

1 Like

I bought used nuirama sets for 30 euros. alongside them I got a box full of technic pieces. to my absolute suprise the box contained the pieces for Nui-Jaga. both of them. I got four 2001 sets for almost free.

2 Likes

how i got most of my entire collection as hammy downs. able to rebuild lots of stuff from 01 to the barraki wave.

1 Like

I have a pretty good deal to share. This was around two years ago, but I still remember the deal.

For 50 Canadian dollars, I got:

• All six Toa Mata with instructions
  • All six Rahkshi with instructions
  • Takua and Pewku with instructions
  • Nui Rama with instructions
  • Around 10 McToran, but only 5 unique ones (I was able to build a McToran kaita with the extra Kongus)
  • Turaga Matau, Vakama, and Whenua
  • Toa Nuva Tahu, Pohatu, Onua, and Kopaka
  • Kohrak Va and Lehvak Va, both with the original posters
  • Levahk, Nuhvok, and Gahlok (with Gahlok canister)
  • Vakama Metru (with the disk, for once)
  • Bordakh
  • A handful of spare Kanohi, krana, and kraata
  • Vladek
4 Likes

Nice! that sounds like a box I got a few years ago for a similar price, though you clearly got a koro of Mctoran

1 Like

Excuse me

WHAT!?

2 Likes

That’s hardly the greatest deal in the universe lol

I’ve gotten roughly that much in Metru-era and Hordika-era sets for less than that (not to mention loose pieces by the thousands) but it’s still a solid deal he got

You guys must live in poverty ridden countries. I can’t ever get deals like that.

5 Likes

The trick is to go to non-Lego sources (not BrickLink), since people are usually just trying to get rid of what they have for cheap, without really knowing what it is.

My two big sources are Kijiji and Value Village.

Of course, it’s random on any given day what’ll be there, and there’s no guarantee that it’s complete, but it’s cheap.

2 Likes

your wish is my command

post/brag about some of the best deals you have ever gotten!!!

Movie Krakkan and Glitter Avohkii for a 5 euros at a used lego store!!

7 Likes