The best wise guy (mata nui or ekimu) of both generations in Bionicle

Who do you think is the best wise guy, and the contestants for this are the turaga, Mata Nui, the protectors, and Ekimu. I think it is Turaga Vakamma, however terrible he was as a toa.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna go with the turaga

Turaga hands down. The protectors were just boring, characterless rip-offs of the Turaga (hey kinda like G2 was a boring rip-off of G1ā€¦ jk). Mata Nui in a way wasnā€™t really an elder in the same way as the others, as he solved the problems instead of telling the heroes how to solve their problems. Ekimu was more exposition, and all knowing. So yeah, Turaga.

1 Like

But wich turaga?

This guy really fit the definition of ā€œwise guyā€ IMO.

Youā€™ve heard of why he was banished, right?

Nah, if weā€™re sticking to your parameters, the Protectors had the greatest potential. The Turaga Metru were the best.

-Azani

Heā€™s not on your list, but Keetongu seemed pretty wise. I think. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve actually been able to read the books.

Yeah, Keetongu was a wise guy.

I mean, just look at him!

1 Like

Yeah, definitely the protectors.

~W12~

1 Like

Bingzak is the wisest of them all /s

1 Like

Vakama.

Iā€™d say Turaga Nuju or Turaga Whenua.

With my limited knowledge of these characters, they always seemed to be the wisest. Even if Nuju was unintelligible.

Iā€™ll go with Nokama. She seemed like the most helpful lady in the MNOG. (Here, Chronicler, take this book.)

2 Likes

Iā€™d definitely have to go with Turaga on this one.

1 Like

The protectors were nearly characterless, and what little character they did have doesnā€™t stand up to the development of the Turaga- nor does boring-Mata-Nui and Even-more-boring-Ekimu.
The Turaga had some mystery to them, such as when Vakama fought the Rahi-Nui with the Toa Nuva, or revealed that he knew about the Bohrok- and the fflashback arc fleshed them out completely.

2 Likes

I give my nominee, Jaller as a matoran. He was able to lead the Ta-matoran as the captain of the guard, and his strong sense of duty prevented him from making selfish decisions. He actually did more to help Tahuā€™s state of mind than the Turaga presumably did. He was not a stupid toa either, he consciously checked himself, unlike toa of fire before him, and recognized when Matoro needed to lead. Also, he was a novice toa who was able and willing to use a nova blast without training. Just saying.

2 Likes

he DOES have the old wise guy hat

I would agree with the outline of this; hwoever, I would add that Jaller was implied to be pretty cold and hostile to Takua at the start of the old MNOG, which may or may not be canon in this context. As it was, he mellowed out by the defeat of the Bohrok, so it was part of his thematic and personal arc, in a way. The process of character development wasnā€™t just restricted to Toa, back then. :slight_smile:

I would agree. Unfortunately we donā€™t see much interaction between Jaller and Takua before MoL aside from MNOG and the Bohrok Animations. I could argue that he was speaking out of stress and maybe business, but seeing Takuaā€™s track record makes me think there was a bit of beef between them.

And he definitely mellowed out. He sounded like one of those stereotypical surfer ā€œdudesā€. (I honestly hope that changed as a ToašŸ˜†)