The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

That was an animated map. We also only have a painted and cgi map, none of them are suitable for the style they went for, so they’d have to make and render a new one. They probably never thought to use that style of image at first, so when they actualy decided to use that style, they could’ve taken the Mata Nui island to see if it would work.

1 Like

Here’s my theory:

It all starts back when Icarax was killed in mid-teleport. Pieces of the Kraahkan were scattered all throughout the MU. Now, cut to Teridax’s death. The Great Spirit Robot falls apart. But… what if a piece of the robot containing some fragments of the mask drifted off into the vast seas of Aqua Magna? Then, one Makuta (besides Miserix) was able to survive. But he was cleansed when Mata Nui restored life to Spherus Magna, and his shadow was replaced with light. He then decides to find a new civilization out on an island in the ocean. Then, Artakha leaves the prison chamber on Bota Magna, and makes it out to sea. Artakha then finds the Makuta, and they become great friends. They even consider eachother “brothers” (like the toa). They then both arive on Okoto, where they find out that Okoto’s old leader has died. Now, the Okotoans (possibly Agori) are in need of a new leader. So Artakha decides to leave his past behind, and call himself Ekimu. The Makuta calls himself just Makuta (simalar to how Teridax was just called Makuta on Mata Nui) Ekimu then makes Makuta a powerful mask: The Mask of Control. Makuta is very grateful and wants to learn how to make masks. So, Ekimu teaches him. Then, they both make new masks for everyone. But, since Ekimu is the mentor, and Makuta is the student, Ekimu makes better masks than him. So the Okotoans like Ekimu’s masks better than Makuta’s. That causes Makuta become jealous. Memories of the Brotherhood start to come back to him, and he remembers the Mask of Shadows. He then finds a piece of the Great Spirit Robot with some some fragments of the mask in it, and he tries to remake it. He makes a different version of the mask, and calls it “The Mask of Ultimate Power”. It makes him extremely powerful, however, it becomes unstable, and starts to break the island apart. Ekimu then knocks it off, and the coma thing happens. The protectors gather around Ekimu. Before completely falling asleep, he whispers to the protectors to call upon the only ones who can help them: The Toa Nuva. They try to summon them through the Vahi using the Temple of Time. However, Voporak has the Vahi. When it activates, he tries to stop it, overloading it, causing it to crack. The powers start leaking out and jacks up time, creating wormholes. The Toa and Voporak all fall through. The wormholes teleport them to different places on Okoto. The toa fall from high in the sky, while Voporak falls closer to the ground. The high fall causes the toa to lose their memory. The toa made new weapons and armor before the teleport; they needed new ones after their old ones wore down from multiple battles. To hide himself, Voporak changes his name to Umarak, and hunts down the elemental creatures to help him fix time.

What do you think?

5 Likes

I think that you took my idea.
:fearful:

BUT
:no_mouth:

I couldn’t have thought of anything better than this!!!
:smile:

Great idea! It is really well connected. More connected than I could get it.
:joy:

3 Likes

An update on the MoCon situation. It appears that the mask has a symbol on its forehead like the poster. Judging by its diamond-esque shape I’m guessing its Okoto rather that Mata Nui.

2 Likes

Amazing.

3 Likes

Maybe the Shockwave… launched Makuta to the Isle of Mata Nui.

2 Likes

Sadly no… Time Trap shows that he willingly went there.

What if the masks stop the villagers from aging? They provide them with no actual energy, but instead keep their life force from leaking out of them, which keeps them how they are for however long they have on the mask. More powerful masks provide actual energy, and this energy is increased the stronger the mask is. However, the more power in the mask, the harder the shock is when they’re removed. The villagers only have strong enough bodies to support the life preserving masks, but when they lose those, skull spiders go to feed on the leaking energy that the mask kept in, until the host is powerless, allowing the spiders to take full control and use its own energy to fuel the body. The skellies have these masks as well, and use them to keep in the dark energy Grinder gave them. Skull slicer on the other hand, is an example of what happens when a skull spider gets full control.
Toa however, have the golden masks, but when those are removed, they become weaker and weaker due to the sudden drop in power input. The skeletons draining these masks quickens this process. But that’s not it. No, when they were fighting Kulta and he knocked their masks off, they were all very, very weak. That’s because their bodies were used to taking in the golden mask’s power and the drop was absolutely crippling. Also, if you’ll remember back to when they first got their masks, the narrator said they were covered in their element. That was simply the shock of the new amount of power, and their bodies getting used to it, which also allowed for a massive boost in the power they could use. Because they already had their elemental power flowing out of them.
Moving onto the mask makers, we saw what happened with Ekimu, he lost his mask and BAM he was out cold for a loooong time. Not fun stuff. The only reason he survived was because the burial mask kept the small amount of energy inside of him, and when the Toa hit him with elemental powers, it gave him a bit of a recharge, making him awaken. The MoUP is MUCH more powerful than the brother’s legendary masks, so when that was put on, the raw power mutated the host due to the power output. This power output was so great, not only does it leak out of the mask (the flames around it), but when it’s knocked off, it doesn’t stop feeding power and that power destroys everything.

Now I’m not done, there’s actually a way this theory could tie into 2016. The golden uniter masks (which were confirmed to be necessary for uniting) are used as a bit of a transfer point, that adds the creature’s elemental power to the toa’s. With the normal mask, you just have a creature on your back. and that’s kinda useless.

6 Likes

I have a theory. Perhaps Generation 2 is waiting for a big moment to show us the connection of Generation 1 and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

7 Likes

Adding onto my theory, maybe the Vahi easter eggs were either breaches in time, or reminders to the toa about their past.

That’d be pretty cool. “(Stranger in cloak walks up) Hello, Toa. You’re needed. (takes off cloak and reveals himself to be Takanuva) Immediately. (dramatic chord strikes and camera cuts to black)”

6 Likes

i have a theory that the creatures are reincarnated versions of the toa mata because when the toa reunited spheres magna a giant astroid hit them wich killed them all and created a new land mass called okoto but the toa had enough time to store there elemental energie in a few rahi who survived and became the creatures who then used there power to greate new toa named after the ones who gave them live.

1 Like

Uh

OK sure

go and think that

But that doesn’t explain anything. Infact adding that would be confusing

5 Likes

I gave anorher theory maybe umarak wants the mask of control to caputure the creatures and then turn them in to evil toa to combat the others and he succeeds but then the new toa wich he created turn on him and use there power to creat a new island wich the call mata nui and summon six new toa named after the toa the originally had to defeat but didn’t wich makes gen 2 a precall of gen 1

Ok, fine, that’s not a theory. A theory requires canon material to back it up, what you’ve made is what we call a headcanon: something you want to come true, but has absolutely no basis or anything to back it up.
In fact, the lore actually goes against your headcanon. Read up on G1’s toa mata, they already have an origin story. And while you’re at it, read up on the island of mata nui’s lore.

4 Likes

really hard to tell lol

just so you guys know, the Mask of control doesnt have an island on it in the final product

3 Likes

Why would it? That’s were the molding mark goes.

2 Likes

problem solved

3 Likes

You know, why don’t we just wait before we say the isle of Mata Nui’s not on the Mask of Control?

It might not be on the final product, but it can still be on the Mask of Control in the story.

And if that doesn’t happen… FANFIC!
:grin:

1 Like

I really hope not. That wouldn’t make a speck of sense unless they have a reason why it’s on the mask.

2 Likes