The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Sushiyoda

Ok, Av-Matoran size does seem a little small to be honest. Best I can offer is that you post a picture here in advance so I can have a proper look, but right now I would probably say “no, doesn’t work because not Titan sized”

Updated list is in post 370
Rules can be found in post 1 and additions in post 370
New mask added to Kanohi Rule: Matatu, Mask of Telekinesis

2 Likes

Front

Size comparison

2 Likes

@Sushiyoda

While I do like this little guy, I fear that he is indeed too small, sorry.
Perhaps build a whole new Makuta MOC and make him the Makuta’s assistant?

1 Like

Don’t have enough parts for that sadly. It’s okay, I’ll find another place for this little guy. Or can I make his mask power “Body Manipulation?” So this means he can stretch or shorten any of his body parts.

@Sushiyoda

Nah, that still doesn’t make him Titan sized as a MOC.
Also Makuta are shapeshifters and have the power of elasticity (hope I wrote that right) … so such a mask would be somewhat unnecessary, I guess.

1 Like

I thought that they could only change their full body apearence and not things such as height or width (for their own form). But whatever.:gregf:

Just posting to reserve a place and say that I have a male Makuta MOC already made with tis own thread and ready to post if you would like it.

Regarding backstory, do we need to assign them a kanohi that exists in the canon already? and if so, do we have to use the existing piece for that, or can it look like another mask? My piece collection isn’t the biggest, and the MOC’s face is a G2 mask.

You can make up your own kanohi. I did it for my entry.

2 Likes

I think if you use a G1 Mask of Strength and say it’s something else, there might be an issue, but using a G2 mask should be fine. I think someone already used a G2 Protector mask.

1 Like

Name: Marzek
Assigned region: None, moved freely
Kanohi: Karada, Great mask of manifestation

Preliminary Story: Marzek is power hungry, treacherous, and ruthless. But his was not always the case. He was once a dedicated experimenter on Destral, pushing the boundaries of what it was possible to create from Shadow energy. Over the course of the brotherhood’s plan to overthrow Mata Nui though, Marzek became dissatisfied with Teridax’s rule, and sought to eliminate the toa through his own methods.

Marzek travelled to Karda Nui in 2008, having machinations of his own beyond that Teridax was planning. he tried to amass an army of shadow toa, and use a combined Nova blast to cause widespread destruction. When his plan was thwarted by a team of toa that had been trailing him, he was left powerless, and Teridax killed him for his treachery.

Powers: With his mask of manifestation, Marzek can summon objects and semi-sentient minions made of pure shadow. he carriers an elementally charged spear that can produce blasts of energy.

5 Likes

I’m not the creator, but I think the bio needs to be full bio from day one.

1 Like

What do you mean by that? The moment of his creation? or the start of the 01 story?

The moment of his creation, dating back to well…you get the idea.

Well, I think he just means to add a quick personality profile or something. Not just plot relevance.

By the way, he looks sick.

2 Likes

OK, added some earlier backstory to the original post.

@Timeline15

I put you on the list, but your MOC won’t get accepted until you fixed the backstory issue (I gave details on that in the MOC’s topic)

@pizzacheetah

The MOC really can use any mask as any mask. If for example someone wants to use an Avsa for his MOC he could - but would have to say it is a different mask.

@MakutaTexxidos

The more information, the better, of course, but basically it’s enough if I get a rough impression of what the Makuta did before he died and how he died. (It’s much easier to write entries for the “Book of the Brotherhood” if I can make up things while writing ;))

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was an issue of everyone looking the same, not everyone having the same mask power. I guess I can use my Keetorange Kiril after all.

@pizzacheetah

Oh, it is an issue of everyone looking the same - at least on the drawings ;). I don’t want to use the exact same shape of mask twice, but still it is supposed to be recognisible. And I’m pretty bad at making stuuf up that looks good, so…

Nah, ok, I already managed to draw three Avsa’s that don’t look exactly like the original Avsa. Hormahk got some demonic horns instead of the “ears” for example.

But of course I also appreciate it if the MOCs use different masks/head designs.
Interestingly enough none (1) really wear a Kiril by now. Just one is supposed to wear a Kiril and since the Pakari is taken, I decided that @Toa_Heatwave’s Tridax would wear one, too. I also think that mask power suits Tridax best.

1 Like

I’m all for it!

Rerekei’s done. I’m gonna post the topic now.

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/brotherhood-of-makuta-makuta-rerekei/23932