The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

What is “Scrying”? If you want to, you can make Manguopo’s mask an Isima, as it represents more of my original vision or how the mask’s power would work. Why are Dulling, virus production, and amnesia immoral powers? The name Fernerak sounds very similar to Fenrak. Does a Mask of Memory let one replay events that happened when they weren’t wearing the mask? If so, could this apply to the previous wearers, allowing the wearer to see through their eyes, like, a second behind real time? Pakarai sounds way too similar to Pakari. The Ersuloa’s power sounds extremely similar to the Olisi, and the name sounds like “Ursula”. These are just my thoughts.

Edit: I just checked and learned that Karzahni had the only Olisi. My bad.

1 Like

@Racie02

The mask Uloki formerly had was closer to the Mask of Clairvoyance in everyone’s opinion, but sure, I can change it to the Mask of Analysis if you like.

@EmperorDuckie[quote=“Gilahu, post:1616, topic:14663”]
All Makuta are currently assigned
[/quote]

Sorry, not at the moment. Yes to both of your questions, though.

@ToaPanda

I’ll tell the RSG people.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Alright, I’ll passs that on.

@Sushiyoda, @darkbrick999

As far as I understand it all those “Matoran” names originate from the RSG people taking apart the Matoran language. Or rather, use what has been done in that regard so far. This means the Matoran mask names are translations of their power description and not just made up like they were before here.

From to scry - probably will enable the wearer to use reflecting surfaces like mirrors and gemstones to observe places were such surfaces exist, too. “Mask of Palantir”, basically.

Encourages reckless behavior in those affected. Otherwise basically teh same reason teh Shelek is immoral, I guess.

Probably will/can only be used by Makuta anyway since it demands knowledge of viruses. Immoral because of direct association to Makuta/ viruses easily being able to cause problems, I guess.

Messing with someone’s mind. Although to be fair the Komau probably is even worse.

Be aware that these are still old descriptions and will be altered, though.

The mask is still in discussion, so this is the old text. What it might or might not to do I can’t safely say at this point.

Olisi shows alternate realities. Ersuloa is basically the Makuta power of Illusion - only less exhausting to use since it’s a mask.

Also @TBT_Emerald

There was a discussion on RSG where most people were of the opinion that the Mask of Mutation should only be worn by Miserix. I personally don’t think that’s necessary, but if you can find something else that might fit Shornos in your opinion that sure would help resolve that issue.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Sounds good. You can take a p out and just make your version of the character’s name Repirax if you’d like. Also, I think I’ve come up with a good make for his mask.

1 Like

You mean design?

EDIT

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

What about “Diadus”? Otherwise Daeridius or Diadius would also be fine.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Sure! Sounds cool!

1 Like

Regarding this, can I ask to reserve a makuta if one opens up?

Oh, sorry, no. That was a typo. I meant to say name. How about the Kanohi Vaccusa?

@Omega_Tahu
Sorry, but no. No reservations.

EDIT: You could ask someone who already created a MOC if he would give you their spot, though. ALternatively it currently does look like 2 to 3 spots will be available again on June 1st.

@Sciencegiraffe

I fear names will be handled by the RSG people from now on, because they want the Matoran mask names to be the translation of the mask’s English description name.

For example “Hau” literally means “Shielding” in Matoran.

Rules and list in post 1

RIP, guess I’ll just wait then.

At least you have some, only 1 with an actual mask hasn’t been posted, and the other 2 (such as Mellex) I doubt could make it in.

@KAI_BORG

“Masks or masklike heads” I’m pretty tolerant in that regard, just look at some entries.

@Omega_Tahu

I put and edit in the post above in case you haven’t seen (you posted again while I was writing)

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Mellex basically has a sangheilli/rahkshi face, and the other one, well… let’s just say he can kind of be counted as a ‘revamp’ (not purposely) of another, bionicle-esque (in terms of poseabilty/age/related) Lego character.

Just post pictures here if you want me to judge them.

There already is at least one Makuta using a Rahkshi head for the MOC. The important part is that you declare it a mask.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

That’s alright, actually. My mask name was a modification of the Latin word “Vacuus”, which means “void”.

Awwwwwwsssssooommmmmeeeeee!!!

1 Like

How about Urutā for the Mask of Viruses? It comes from maori for plague. Are we not allowed to use maori anymore?

EDIT: Nvm, just saw your post about names. I’ll keep this up, just as a reminder, in case things change.

1 Like

By teh way @TBT_Emerald - there’s also beesn discussion about the Mask of Mutation on RSG. People there are mostly of the opinion that the mask should only be worn by Miserix. So far there hasn’t been any definite decision about that (hopefully in no small part due to me arguing against it), but it would be helpful (and spare us a lot of arguing which I’m hoenstly doubtful I’d win) if you could decide for Shornos to wear a different mask.

There’s an updated list of the masks currently in use in post 1592 (remember that you can only choose a mask that’s not mentioned in the rules in post 1), but of course you can choose a different mask altogether, too - that would have to pass through the RSG people before being accepted if it’s not canon, though.

@Abyss_Lockstrider
What about that picture of your entire Makuta Kerona MOC?

Rules and list in post 1

On the note of Mask Name suggestions, we at RSG use Tolkien’s Second Edition abridged Matoran Dictionary as a reference. No real world language’s vocabulary will be considered.

6 Likes

Yeah sorry about that its just that ive got to re build him cause dismantled him a few days after i put the post up for some stupid reason so he is in the process of being rebuilt.

1 Like

Ok, time to clean up that list:

@Kalmah_Ren, @Windfall and @Toaofenergy - you are removed from the list due to inactivity. Join again later if you still want to participate and there are still places left.

Since there seems to be a lot of interest regarding the project at the moment, people who already entered a MOC can only claim another one if a free spot isn’t claimed within three days. I think that is fair.

That said:

THREE Makuta are to be assigned again!

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes