The CCBS Topic

…why?

3 Likes

because no one got them their taco bell

duh

7 Likes

Because they haven’t eaten any souls tonight.

2 Likes

This might actually be about less plastic to use and make parts to snap together or apart more securely, with less risk for parts to break.

2 Likes

Because they don’t want to be associated with CCBS

Hmm…not quite sure how tiny toothpick sized holes in the balljoints would enable this, considering that the balljoints worked fine for Bionicle G1 up until 2008…

They still worked in 2008 what’re you talking about

The sockets broke more easily, but I don’t think it was the balljoint’s fault.

I never noticed it breaking more easily and I had the majority of the sets

Really?
Because it’s sort of a unanimous conclusion by the bionicle fanbase that the later design of the socket was much weaker and prone to breaking than the original design.

In fact many people praise CCBS for rectifying this problem, with its thicker socket design.

5 Likes

While it is true that I have broken pieces, I never noticed any increase in breakage, but the lime green pieces from 2007 were very weak

Less vacuum and rubbing between the parts.

3 Likes

So…I Like CCBS over “the bionicle system” it just fits the look that I perfer. the simple and clean.

1 Like

Oh hey we agreed again…

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

My biggest problem with CCBS is the fact that the armor only has rod holes. If the armor pieces had one pin hole and one axle hole, instead of the rod holes, I would be able to add a sword on a character’s forearm, or something.

3 Likes

I’ve recently been making MOCs with a mix of CCBS and my G1 BIONICLE parts. And I’m gonna have to say that its really fun.
:smile:

2 Likes

Standard LEGO “rod” size holes are the only things that will fit well on CCBS shells.

3 Likes

While that is true, It is really limiting if you want to attach swords or armor with larger hole on it

This does have several fairly simple fixes however. The LEGO rods have the same outer diameter as the inner diameter of the pins, so you can just put a lightsaber or something through the holes.

Obviously it’s not the most elegant solution, but with tweaking it can do wonders for armor

6 Likes