The Elder Scrolls

I found it more annoying in oblivion.

In morrow higher acrobatics gave more resistance to fall damage but in oblivion that was severely nerfed so I’d jump (It’s sort of a habit after morrowind) and lose half my health from a fall.

Morrow just had that issue with the collisions while obli had taken lessons from minecraft.

Skyrim was the only game where falling to my death felt like my fault.

3 Likes

Ahhh Jumping.

From Morrowind to Fallout 4, it has always been a way to climb mountains.

#JustBethesdaThings

3 Likes

#itjustworks

3 Likes

You know it xD.

2 Likes

It like… um… simulates climbing… man. Just like… pretend you’re monkey climbing up at a fast pace, leaping from invisible ledge to invisble ledge despite it being a flat path right in front of you. XD

Jumping is one of the reasons I have a hard time going back to Skyrim. Fallout 4 has spoiled me so much because you can sprint AND jump at the same time! Seriously though, who was the “wise guy” who decided that you can’t jump while sprinting in Skyrim?

2 Likes

Cough unlike new vegas cough

4 Likes

Holy Howard.

That meme is just…

works/10

3 Likes

Urgh those freaking invisible walls. If Bethesda has anything over Obsidian, it’s world design and attention to overworld details.

3 Likes

As much as think NV handled choice better I will always hate having to TCL just to get over a small hill.

In Skyrim I could “crack out my climbing gear” totally not jumping… and go over the throat of the world no problem.

2 Likes

Yo @Tarvaax

If you’re playing on PC i might have the cure for the invisible walls problems.

Invisible Wall Remover at Fallout New Vegas - mods and community?

2 Likes

I give you a Todd in trade for this awesomeness.

3 Likes

I bet The Sound of Music is Todd’s favorite musical.

Geddit?

“Climb Ev’ry Mountain” is one of the main songs.

3 Likes

Y’all people.

Are brilliant.

+10 Admiration for everyone.

3 Likes

Modifed +5 for my speechcraft bonus.

3 Likes

My characters life in a nutshell. If I needed to get anywhere, I’d jump. In Balmora I jumped from rooftop to roof top and along the walls if I needed to go across the canal. In Vivec I jumped down from the districts, pushing on the wall in the hope I wouldn’t die. Then, when attacked by cliff racers, I’d wish I hadn’t attempted to jump from Balmora to the tribe up north as all my stamina would be gone.

4 Likes

So, anyone hyped about Legends, or naw?

3 Likes

It’s free so I’ll play it but I dunno if I’ll get really into it.

(I’m not much of a fan of the genre).

1 Like

Well, it was kind of a down they decided to go Heartstone-styled.

Imo, it would be better as D&D tbh

2 Likes

I agree

Especially since TES started out as the Bethesda devs’ D&D campaign.

3 Likes

I just want a spin-off where you live your life as a guard. :wink:

3 Likes