The Eternals

OK guys, time to talk about the Eternals.
I… I personally don’t really know how excited I am about this movie. I barely know anything about the Eternals from the comics.

Angelina Jolie will play Thena:

Richard Madden will play Ikaris:

Kumail Nanjiani will play Kingo.

Lauren Ridloff will play Makkari .

Brian Tyree Henry will play Phastos.

Salma Hayek will play Ajak.

Lia McHugh will play Sprite.

Don Lee will play Gilgamesh .

Barry Keoghan will play Druig.

Gemma Chan will play Sersi.

Kit Harington will play Black Knights.

I am not sure what to think about this movie including Black Knights. I didn’t even knew that he has any connection with the Eternals. Also, recasting Gemma Chan, from Minn-Erva to Sersi, just puzzles me.
Anyway, the movie will be released on 6th of November, 2020 and it will be directed by Chloé Zhao.
The movie will be some sort of romance between Thena and Ikaris. It will also see the Eternals fighting the Deviants.
So… yeah. What do you think about it? I don’t really have any hype for it, but meh.

2 Likes

Well now I know where the Marvel Legends Black Knight is from.
And now I want to get it.

In all honesty, this looks cool.

2 Likes

So, uh… does anybody know what this movie is even about? Like, usually with a new Marvel movie coming up you have a general idea of what the characters can do and what the plot might revolve around. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a bunch of misfits having space adventures, Doctor Strange deals in magic, Black Panther is an awesome African king. But, uh… who are these guys? What do they do? I have no idea how to feel about this movie because I don’t know that. I have faith in Marvel Studios to make them interesting or at the very worst inoffensively mediocre, but that just means I forget this movie is even coming up. Nothing to be afraid of, but nothing to look forward to either. Hopefully a trailer or a bunch of helpful YouTube videos will help with that.

2 Likes

I love that you used the Angelina Jolie fan art for Sersi

Eh, sounds neat, but I don’t know how it’ll fit in the MCU.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister Wait…
Oh.
Oops.

Thoughts on Eternals currently is that I’m cautiously optimistic about this one. Casting is off and sketchy.However the Director Chloe Zhao has a good track record.

The costumes revealed so far are looking bland. Maybe it will improve later but it needs to be more outlandish than glossy and smooth. Give them helmets or more armor please.

2 Likes

Looks more like a power rangers team without helmets. I really hope that’s just kinda underarmor and the rest of the costume is a bit stylized to tell them apart.

2 Likes

Maybe… Sentry?

So the first official teaser trailer came out today

It doesn’t impress me

2 Likes

Same. It’s just kinda nothing. I know it’s just a teaser but I can’t even tell what’s going on to be excited.

1 Like

DON’T THEY KNOW, IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD

lowkey looks kind of bad, I feel like the Eternals are some of the weaker Marvel characters

2 Likes

Looks very… meh

1 Like

Absolutely nothing about this trailer indicates what the hell the plot of this movie is going to be, save for the premise of what the Eternals are. There is basically nothing to talk about yet. This movie could be good, but the trailer sure isn’t.

2 Likes

Just my thoughts. I don’t know the characters to begin with but this trailer is so bland I can’t even be excited for anything

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the Eternals and the trailer definitely didn’t clue me in, but… is it just me or does the lady fourth from left in the thumbnail look a lot like Emma Frost crossed with Galadriel?

Final trailer is out. still looks about the same but at least we have some idea of the plot; marvels monster hunter. Well at least it’s not as nothing as the first trailer.

2 Likes

Well I was finally able to see the movie; at least I semi know and care about marvels very own Winchester Blade but I could’ve cared less about everything else in this nearly three hour nothingfest. So much character and I can’t even remember what suit color they had let alone actual characters.

Yeah, um … I heard … not great things about this movie.

I’m going to save everyone a few wasted hours; the eternals are basically angels serving big red god and helped humans evolve. They stop the earth celestial from rising and red is angry. Also some dude is the black knight and thanos has a brother.

The end.

1 Like

This movie was literally everything I expected it to be.

A total snore, with characters nobody cares about, a massive budget wasted, no character development whatsoever, and one of the most disappointing marvel films about one of the most disappointing marvel lore elements ever.

There’s a reason ‘kid gets spider powers and then defeats the bad guy’ works and ‘thirty pages of deep lore in order to understand why every part of the club uniform and vehicle bumper stickers is just circles overlapping circles for literally no reason’ doesn’t. The only people who cared about these characters post-viewing are the actors’ families.

and one twitter user.

4 Likes