The Future is Wild

Anybody remember the documentary?

Or maybe the cartoon?

I loved The Future is Wild when I was little, and I still think its awesome now. I realize not many people have heard of it, but doesn’t mean I wont find some fellow fans. Lets start the discussion off with your favorite creature.

4 Likes

Gosh dang, this was one of my favorites specials as a kid. I was always such a huge fan of the fish that could dispel electricity, it looked so cool. What a really cool idea for a show, and I hope they consider bringing it back.

3 Likes

Man that show has not aged well in 10 years.

1 Like

Me too. I believe the eclectic fish were called lurkfish. My favorite would have to be the toraton.

I just think they’re so cool.

No, but the documentaries sure have.

So… is this a show, movie, or video game? I’ve never heard of this so I’ve no clue.

1 Like

There are two.
A cartoon series, and a documentary series. I highly recommend both.

1 Like

That animation is wild

1 Like

Which are you talking about? Cartoon or documentary?

My only exposure to whatever this is, is that video you embedded.

I wasn’t aware that there is both a Cartoon and a Documentary, perhaps in future topic you could include some information about the subject matter…

1 Like

I did. Sorta anyway. The picture is supposed to represent the documentary. I was also going to put the into, but I couldn’t find it.

You never stated it was a documentary. Having never seen the show, I assumed it was a promotional image for whatever that video was about…

1 Like

Alright, alright. I’ll fix it.

I watched this thing all the time back in 5th grade; it was one of my absolute favorite documentaries. I found it such a neat and imaginative concept. The animals speculated for the three time periods were very interesting to learn about, and even inspired me to make some of my own animals of the future. My favorite of the animals presented was the Rattleback.

1 Like

Grassland or desert?

1 Like

I remember really liking this show as a kid. I always enjoyed exploring the possibilities of future evolutions of species. I should try and find it, see if it still holds up.

1 Like

Cool! So what was your favorite creature?

I can’t remember it all too well, but I do remember the weird jungle-squids or whatever they were called. But I do remember liking the designs as a whole.

1 Like

There are two
Squibbons

And megasquids

1 Like

The megasquids, especially. It was really cool to see them lumbering around the forest.

1 Like

Grassland

1 Like