The Last Toa S1 Chapter 6: United they stand part 2 (season finally)

Hey guys! This is the last part of the first season of the Last Toa, a collaboration between me, @Xorizeghian and @Guymontag. Enjoy!

Un’Jaguk woke up tied up by a chair. He was in a dark room with walls and floor made out of cool gray stone. There was a being in front of him: Teridax. Un’Jaguk looked scared into his deep red eyes, and observed that Teridax was practically made out of purple energy.
Teridax: You’ve killed my pet.
Un’Jaguk: If by ‘pet’ you mean a giant hungry dragon, then I must admit that I did this.
Un’Jaguk was thrilled, but he wanted to look like a real courageous Toa. Teridax smiled superiorly and crunched forward closer to Un’Jaguk.
Teridax: What are you doing here, Toa of Iron?
Un’Jaguk: It’s… metal.
Teridax: Fine, Toa of Metal. What are you doing here?
Un’Jaguk: Isn’t it obvious? I am here to save my team and save the island!
Teridax looked at him surprised for a few seconds, and then chuckled. Un’Jaguk was confused.
Un’Jaguk: Why… Why are you laughing?
Teridax: You said that you wanted to save your team.
Un’Jaguk: Yes!
Teridax: Then why you teamed up with three incompetent Matoran and two Rahi beasts?
Un’Jaguk: Don’t forget that one of those incompetent Matoran killed your pet.
Teridax (in a serious and fast tone): Ehverin had that weak spot if he didn’t have it the he would still be alive.
The former mask maker calmed down and covered his face with his claws.
Teridax: Listen. I’ll make you an offer. I’ll give you your team, and the Matorans, and the Rahi, and I will also leave your pity island alone, if you give me the Mask of Psychosis.
Un’Jaguk suddenly changed his expression into confusion.
Un’Jaguk: Mask of Psychosis? Never heard of it.
Teridax: Don’t lie to me, Toa! I know you have it! Tell me where it is, right now!
Un’Jaguk: I swear! I’ve never heard of it!
Teridax: You miserable Kane-Ra! I gave you a chance, but you chose to lie to me!
Makuta’s body started to grow. His armoured Toa-like body tuned into a giant goliath made out of shadows.
Teridax: Last chance, boy! Give me the mask or you can say goodbye to your friends and to your island.
Un’Jaguk wanted to say something, even a lie, but he couldn’t. He just couldn’t.
Teridax: Maybe seeing you friends death will help!
The shadow goliath entered in the wall in front of them and disappeared. Suddenly, the wall turned black and then dissipated like dust in wind. Un’Jaguk was frightened. Teridax was going to kill the Matoran and/or the Toa only because he didn’t knew where the Mask of Psychosis was. He had to do something.
Un’Jaguk: Think, Un’Jaguk! Think! How can you get out of this situation? I am tied up by a chair, no sharp weapons around, no iron to manipulate other than my armour and my mask and.
The Toa suddenly had an idea: his Mask Power! Un’Jaguk was wearing a Skull Mask he found on Okoto before it was destroyed. It was Skull Basher’s Mask. Since he found it, Un’Jaguk was wearing it, taking care of it. But neither Ekimu, nor Pohatu, told him what powers the mask had. It was possible that the mask would not have any power at all!
Un’Jaguk closed his eyes, and tried to activate his mask power. He had never done it before. He concentrated hardly, and suddenly, his mask started to glow. Un’Jaguk could feel his body full of power and, just for a fraction of a second; he could see a pair of light-blue eyes opening in front of him. But he decided to ignore those. He contracted his muscles and cut the rope that was tied around his wrists and legs.
Un’Jaguk: Yes!
The Toa ran out of the room. He could see that there were more destroyed walls by Teridax’s shadow force. He followed the track of destroyed walls and rooms, until he ended up in the former garden of the castle. The vegetation was destroyed, and the sky was full of gray clouds, giving the sensation of coldness and death.
In the great garden there was the shadow goliath, with a hand in the air and with a great dark scythe in the other. In his raised hand Un’Jaguk could see Jhoreik, Gurby and Leekkahu, their bodies being covered in shadows. All over the garden the other Toa, Matoran, and Rahi beasts were trying to shot or harm Makuta, but with less effect. Lhijao, the Toa of Gravity, was lying down next to Un’Jaguk. The young Toa ran to his harmed friend.
Un’Jaguk: Lhijaro! Are you OK?
The Toa of Gravity slowly opened his eyes, and when he saw Un’Jaguk, he smiled.
Lhijaro: Un’Jaguk! I’m so happy to see you here!
Un’Jaguk: We came here to rescue you, but none of us knew that Teridax will be here!
Lhijaro: He is looking for the Mask of Psychosis…!
Un’Jaguk: Yes! I’ve never heard of it!
Lhijaro: Neither did I. But to be honest, I don’t even care. We need to stop him before it’s too late!
Lhijaro forced himself to stand up and drew his blade. Un’Jaguk looked around: Curnoi was running around riding Klaud, trying to shot Teridax with a small laser that remained from the Hover Grex. Kovan was shooting massive ice balls and shooting them towards Makuta’s face. Ezetriz was shooting lightning bolts towards Teridax’s shadow hand, to free the trapped ones. Pohatu was there too, and was throwing boulders towards the enemy. Duku was next to him.
Un’Jaguk knew what had to be done first. He ran towards Ezetriz.
Ezetriz: Well, well, well! Look who decided to show up!
Un’Jaguk: Ezetriz, we don’t have time for this!
Ezetriz: Stop talking and help us!
Un’Jaguk: I have a better plan than randomly shooting the enemy!
The Toa of Lighting stopped for a moment.
Ezetriz: All right, I’m listening.
Un’Jaguk: What’s the reverse of shadow?
Ezetriz: Light!
Un’Jaguk: Exactly! Your lightning bolts produce light as well! Your electrical powers can harm Teridax, but not if you use them in a harmfull way!
Ezetriz: And what do you suggest?
The Toa of Metal pointed to the top of the castle.
Un’Jaguk: Take Kovaan to the top of the castle and make a big ice mirror, that would reflect te light produced by your bolts!
Ezetriz: This… This is actually a very good idea. What about them?
And he pointed to Leekkahu, Gurby and Jhoreik.
Un’Jaguk: I’ll try to save them. Now go!
Ezetriz nodded and ran away. Un’Jaguk tried to think how to free the three. He then had an idea. He used his mask power to contract his leg muscles and to jump high enough to fell on Teridax’s hand. The shadow goliath looked surprised at him.
Teridax: The Toa of Metal! Are you here to give me the location of the mask?
Un’Jaguk: No, Makuta! I am here to save my friends.
Teridax: Oh, really? And how do you plan to do this?
Un’Jaguk: You know, this castle had a lot of weapons. I wonder if it still has enough.
Teridax: Enough for what?
Un’Jaguk raised his left and used his elemental powers. Suddenly, thousands of swords, axes, mazes and other weapons flew through the windows and towards the face of Teridax.
Un’Jaguk: To pierce your face!
The weapons stabbed the whole surface of Teridax’s face, forcing him to dropp the three and Un’Jaguk. Using his resistance offered by the Mask of Strength, Un’Jaguk felled safely. Klaud caught the Toa, Rahi and Matoran. But there was something… odd to them. Their whole body was covered by a dark shadow and their vanes were black. All three of them were having spasms and their muscles were soaring.
Un’Jaguk: We need help!

Meanwhile, Ezetris and Kovaan were now on the top of the castle, and Kovaan done making a giant ice mirror.
Kovaan: Are you sure this is going to work?
Ezetriz: Of course! What could possibly go wrong?
The Toa of Lightning summoned the most powerful lighting he could and shot the ice, but instead of reflecting the light, the ice shattered. A big chunk of ice rebounded and hit Eztriz, knocking him out.
Kovaan: This. This could go wrong.
Curnoi saw this and face palmed.
Curnoi: Why did I have to help these Toa?

Leekkahu, Gurby and Jhoreik were crying in pain. Luckily, Duku was around. The Creature of Light raised his claws and a strong light sphere formed around the three, healing them.
Un’Jaguk: Good job, Duku! Can you do this for the shadow Goliath too?
The Toa of Metal said, pointing to Teridax that was trying to remove the weapons from his face. The Creature of Light shook its head, like it was saying ‘no’, but suddenly, Xoriez, the small Matoran of Gravity, had an idea.
Xoriez: and try the same trick with the ice mirror, but with Duku!
Pohatu: That’s a great idea! Un’Jaguk!
The Toa of Metal nodded. He took Duku and used his Mask power to throw him to Kovaan. The Toa of Ice cought the creature and started to make another mirror. Right then Teridax finished with the weapons from his face and crunched forward, closer to the group.
Teridax: I had enough of this! Soon you all will be my Shadow Stealers like those three poor…
But then he saw that Leekahu, Jhoreik and Gurby were OK and that the shadows were gone.
Teridax: …souls. How is this possible?!
Kovaan: Hey, Teridax!
The giant raised his head to watch Kovaan. His ice mirror was ready, and above his head was Duku, with the arms raised.
Kovaan: Rise and shine!
Duku created his light sphere, that reflected in the mirror and filled the whole area with a powerful light. Teridax’s body started to dissipate. He tried to cover his eyes with his arms.
Teridax: NO! CURSED CREATURE OF LIGHT! I’LL RETURN!
And then his body dissipated. The clouds that were covering the sky disappeared too. Kovaan and Duku then returned to the rest of the group.
Kovaan: That was awesome! Best Toa Team ever! We need to do it again!
Lhijaro chuckled.
Lhijaro: I hope not.
Un’Jaguk looked happy at Curnoi and his team of Matoran and Rahi.
Un’Jaguk: Hey. Thank you for helping us.
Curnoi: No problem! We had fun fighting that dragon and that giant!
Un’Jaguk: Yes, but you risked your lives! I owe you.
Curnoi: Just assure that next time you will call us too!
The Toa of Metal chuckled.
Un’Jaguk: Definitely.
Ezetriz, which woke up and came to the rest of the group, stood in front of Un’Jaguk.
Ezetriz: I am sorry for being a jerk. You deserve to be our leader.
Un’Jaguk: Thanks, Ezetriz.
Leekkahu: And I want to thank you for saving us.
Un’Jaguk (smiling): No problem, Leekkahu.
Pohatu put his right hand on Un’Jaguk’s shoulder.
Pohatu: Good job, kid!

In the interior of a shadow fortress, Teridax opened his eyes, angry.
Teridax: Those Toa destroyed my shadow force! And they have a Creature of Light! That’s impossible!
Another being entered in the room. It was Makuta Lirfrost, Teridax’s brother.
Lirfrost: It seems that it is not as impossible anymore, brother.
Makuta: We need the Mask of Psychosis to end the ritual!
Lirfrost: We will deal with that later on, brother. We already have four masks: Creation, Control, Time and the Mask of the Sea Queen.
Makuta: And we need two more: the Mask of Psychosis and the Mask of Hyper Plasma. Where is the second?
Lirfrost: My spies just found a Toa of Fire that posses it. I’ll visit his island soon, brother.

1 Like