The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories

Somehow I doubt it. If the people watching really care about the project they’re gonna go support it anyway - they might be even more spurred on to do so because of the naysaying :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Almost certainly not. Callan and Cossy have a very small and hyper-dedicated fanbase. They’re not a mainstream media outlet capable of eroding people’s trust in what Sokoda is doing.

Also, this isn’t exactly out of left field for Callan. He’s been complaining about modern BIONICLE (for… some good reason) for years.

3 Likes

I’m glad to see somebody already objected to the Skull Basher remark in the comments :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough. I don’t watch them much. Honestly, the Eljay Johnsen show is the only one I watch regularly. Sometimes I check out J2G, but not a lot.

2 Likes

Apparently he offhandedly shouted out the project a couple days ago

1 Like

Yeah, mostly by not knowing how to pronounces Sokoda and Matoro.

3 Likes

That’s an oof.

1 Like

RIP. To be fair, I mispronounced loads of BIONICLE words when I was younger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where?

I just checked Ryan/MandR’s news video when he featured the project, and I don’t see a single comment getting excited about the project that isn’t from this community.

1 Like

I believe this is the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVTVDlAtc4

(I watched a little bit of it, seems to be a strange parody of LWIAY, which is funny because that in itself is a parody of YIAY)

His latest OSRS.

Skip to 1:44

1 Like

So I watched the Callen and Ben Cossy video and I get their critizism, but a lot of it is just because ideas doesn’t allow new molds and because the constraction pieces are gone. I think it would have been nice to adress that in the video, but I’m happy they encouraged people to support all the projects

9 Likes

Yeah, people have already called them out on it, me included :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I can’t say I agree with much of what they said to me. I felt that the “It’s good that there’s no G2 here because this is about the story of Bionicle” point contradicted their gripe that the scenes chosen were too focused on the story.

Also, sometimes things that are just 01 retreads are bad.

5 Likes

Ratatouille got Patton Oswalt to support their project (Koenigs for life). I wish there was someone like that for Bionicle… Is there?

1 Like

The closest thing might be Michael Dorn or Jim Cummings (due to their work on the Legend Reborn as Mata Nui and Ackar). Actually, James Arnold Taylor (Berix) is heavily involved with fan communities now that I think about it… he might be able to spread the word to his (arguably limited) network.

Ironically, the three important story beats depicted in this project were never properly showcased on film in either the Miramax trilogy or The Legend Reborn.

5 Likes

Holy cow, Ackar is Thanos?

4 Likes

And Tigger. and Ray. And Ed.

TTFN!

3 Likes

Don’t forget Pete and Doctor Robotnik :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah. Them too.

He gets around doesn’t he.

1 Like

why was so much flagged?