The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

Do you guys still want me to post instructions for my version?

10 Likes

Please.

1 Like

Of course dear friend do it!

Hopefully your instructions can be a bit more clear and complete, the other one’s instructions are missing a lot of steps, making it a bit more confusing.

2 Likes

I am ready to rumble

https://flic.kr/s/aHskEt11so

4 Likes

Definitely, once we have it as close as possible to the actual thing with a 3D-printed MUP. I think with the recent pictures, a more accurate version is still possible.

No amount of emails or petitions will get LEGO to reallocate a designer to make this happen, but LEGO Ideas has a procedure for doing exactly that.

My suggestion is:

• Find the most well-known community member who is willing to be the one who submits the project. (To get support and publicity.)

• Ideally someone known on TTV, BZP and Eurobricks, also maybe Russian sites? Maybe someone already a LEGO Ambassador?

• Aim to gain the 10 000 supporters as quickly as possible to show LEGO the magnitude of support (organise members of all boards to vote up the project at the exact time of submission?).

• They would need to make sure to credit the original designers for inspiration - they should make it clear that they think the usual rule about the submitter getting a cut of the profits should not apply.

If we are patient and reach out to the wider community, I feel we have a real chance of pulling this off. (Further Ideas discussion probably deserves its own thread though - I don’t want to go too far off-topic. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

I thought Lego doesn’t allow ideas projects for their own IPs

2 Likes

I’m currently trying to build it, and it looks like I’ve run out of small black ball connectors. Looking at the parts inventory of all the sets it seems Makuta needs one more than is available.

1 Like

not going to happen Lego ideas has a rule that you cant submit creations based on any of their themes

1 Like

So I just built Makuta and I gotta say, I’m impressed! Looks WAY better in-person than on photos. I was really surprised by his height so I figured I’d offer up a few comparisons:

Sorry about the quality of the photos, this is not my normal setup and I had to take them on my phone.

But all in all I think this set is great! So here is Makuta himself with THE SHADOW HOARD!

13 Likes

And to go with your new Makuta model I would like to present this. Mask of Ultimate Power

13 Likes

Is that the model from the newest pictures or from altair? Either way its sweeet :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

No it’s the official Lego photos. And thanks!

4 Likes

I cant wait to get my hands on doubles of sets for this but im sure my wallet wont appreciate haha

3 Likes

I already had a few duplicates, but today I got two more. I can say you really don’t need an extra Hunter if you have a decent CCBS collection. I didn’t even buy one and there were no exclusive missing parts.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, but i just had a thought that im probably gonna buy a hunter and a uniter onua to build the shadow spawn from jto :stuck_out_tongue: im really trying to get a full collection, including ALL the combo models but thats gonna cost a pretty penny :confused:

2 Likes

106$ for Ikir, Umarak the Destroyer, Both Toas. I think I will wait a little before my next batch, but at least I had the others bought once except Loss.
Still Made him.

2 Likes

What do you need from hunter to make makuta? I have a bunch of hero factory and thats what my ccbs collection is.

1 Like

Looks Great! Out of curiosity, which material would you recommend ordering the mask in?

1 Like

Just a lot of black CCBS armor shells. Size 4-5 mostley.

I guess there is ONE exclusive part if you count it and thats the MoCr, but I don’t think that really counts.

2 Likes