The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

Yeah, I did remove the original Tahu decal from underneath it using a pencil eraser. I attached the original using double sided tape and printed it out on some basic printer paper. I did get sticker paper and it took the design well, but my printer was having some issues, so I printed it out at my library.

It’s that easy to remove the decal? Huh, I thought you need nail polish or something. Or would that be too strong? As for printing I’ll try some shop that deals with printing stuff.

Well, it did take a while and some brute force, but it is a simple alternative that doesn’t run the risk of possibly corroding your part.

I see, I’ll get a spare chest piece and print the decals when I can.

finally finished mine! a few inaccuracies but thats because i had already used the pieces on other models. alot of people have been complaining that he has limited articulation but if you add a few friction joints, he articulates fine.

7 Likes

How many chain pieces did you use? My mask chain is really tight on my Makuta. Is yours looser? Thank you!

2 Likes

no mine is super tight as well. i tried adding another but it made it way too loose so i left it tight

1 Like

does you know if their are any major pieces missing from there? because I’m going to try and order the parts off bricklink and I don’t want to miss anything :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t believe anything should be missing, especially major pieces. But you’re almost guaranteed to order to much of something. I don’t know 100% though, but as far as major pieces, you should be good.

1 Like

hey I added the parts on my wanted list and may I ask is the duplicate parts a mistake?.. such as 13 4 length axle with stop… then it says another 13 4 length axle with stop

The quantities are mest up, but duplicates should be discarded. So sometimes you will order too many of one piece, but if you see it’s picture twice than ignore it.

1 Like

I was wondering, how does the small spike on the back insert into the hammer?

At last my Shapeways order arrived, and have to say, it looks epic.

7 Likes

So after seeing everyone else build their JTO Makuta and review them, I finally snapped and decided to build him.

I took the seven sets needed apart, threw them in a box, pulled up a chair, and used this video as a guide.

(NOTE: Don’t let the pieces’ colors fool you. The video had pieces different from the actual sets.)

It took me THREE HOURS!!! (my eyes were burning up by the time I finished.)

So my thoughts on this model:

• In pictures, I thought that he would look better with the gun-metal ribs for his chest instead of trans-orange. I was WRONG.
  • He is a tricky build. There were some really clever details (the hardest part of the build was his shoulder-pads. That dang Shadow Trap…
  • His spinning staff is cool.
  • It takes some fiddling, but he is pretty posable.
  • The gear-function works, but it is hard to turn (harder to turn than Onua Master of Earth’s gear-box).
  • You also need the Protector of Earth and Skull Slicer for some of the pieces.

You may judge him from pictures, but your opinion might change when he’s actually in your hand.
Overall, I’d recommend building him. I think I’m going to get a Villager-Scale FMoUP from Shapeways (more accurate to original model and JTO).

Until then, MAKUTA WILL RULE THE SHELF AND DARKNESS WILL REIGN FOREVER!!! (or at least, until the MOC Makuta Contest is over; I miss my seven sets. :wink:)

EDIT:
I ordered the FMoUP on Shapeways and it will come on October 3rd, four days before the MOC Makuta Contest ends!

6 Likes

Imgur

5 Likes

Many thanks, bro!

1 Like

Are there any text (I know there’s a lot of video) reviews of this Makuta now that we’re a month or so into having people build him? Thanks.

So I got my Villager-Scaled FMoUP from Shapeways today… It’s sweet!
Much more accurate to JTO and much better than the Titan-Scaled version IMO.
Definitely A Recommended Purchase!!

(Now I just need a trans-red G2 BIONICLE head (the G1 BIONICLE/ Hero-Factory heads don’t really work as well) … keep a sharp eye out for one in the future!)

P.S.:
Not sure if it’s intended as a function, but the Shadow-Trap/Armor Shoulder-Pads can hold Masks of Power or (for G1 Fans) Rahkshi.

1 Like

I think you mean Kraata… Rahkshi are the robotic armor, Least are the actual slug things inside.

4 Likes

I beg to differ. Many of the spikes are too small and short. CyberHand even posted a picture where he superimposed the Titan scale one over the contest pictures to show that it was nearly an exact replica.

1 Like